Bail Bond Bonus Challenge -- Brian ya out there? =)

MaryAnne

A new baton?!?! Now look, first of all the baton I've got is fine thankyouverymuch. Infact, it would appear I might have to dig it out and use it for motivational purposes.

Well, a baton certainly beats - if you'll pardon the expression - the other motivational tools you've recently displayed. Tho' I won't bring up that other conversation from the movie forums here. But I just did. Bahahaha.

Anyhow, you've responded to my laziness with several assorted threats. I'm beginnin' to think yer serious. Maybe.

I am serious. I'm so serious infact, I already have a volunteer waiting for my order to "arrest" you when you fail to turn in a story and no one else posts your bail.

And when he shows up you'll wish it was just me with a baton. Muhahahahaha......

In the meantime, if I have to resort to blunt encouragement, I will.

*holds up baton* Write a story. OR ELSE...

A volunteer?! I wouldn't believe that, except....there's so many people who'd probably sell me out for a nickel. Or less.

I remember Alex stepping right over me in that other topic, when he thought for a second that a new moderator was needed. In fact, several people piped up.

Which means, if all else, just for spite I need to turn in a @#$%&* story and keep my position here. Not to meantion my head.

But I'm gonna find out who this "volunteer" is, who would so cheerfully participate in my removal. And another thing, since when do you use henchmen?! Ain't that more my style? Since when do you need somebody else to do your dirty work?

Hmm...do I detect a little rile here? Good! If I tork you off enough maybe you'll write something!!

Since when do I use henchmen? Since I've exhausted just about every other threat or motivation with you! You'll never guess who the volunteer is because even if he posted the announcement himself you'd miss it!

You'll never guess who the volunteer is because even if he posted the announcement himself you'd miss it!

How would I miss it? Just because I haven't been occupying every square inch of this place lately, doesn't mean I don't pay attention. I've caught your little smarty-grams here, haven't I?

"Volunteer". Nice way of putting "sell out" or "backstabber." What'd you promise him, MaryAnne? Fame as a moderator? Secret access to our direct contacts at CMT and WB? Or the priviledge of polishing your boots?

I promised him none of those things. All he would be getting out of the deal is the satisfaction of nailing your lazy black-clad posterior to the jailhouse wall. Truthfully, he wants to see you finish a story, because....something about unresolved issues between the two of you, he says....

I dunno. Whatever the reason, that probably won't motivate you either.

Hey! How about if I put myself on the line as well? You don't finish a story, I not only send you to the pokey, I lock myself up too.

How's that grab ya? Place the entire continued existence of the Coltrane line on your story (or suitable bail)?

Not just a threat, but now it's double-or-nothing.

Of all the "volunteers" I could guess from, there's certainly one or two who'd especially enjoy writing my exit notice.

But if you put yourself into this little bet....just who the hell is gonna run this joint ?! I think MeadowMufn might be in for some real news if I can't cough up a story to make you happy.

Now I'm riled up and feeling guilty. @#$%&*......

MaryAnne has never lied to me, nor handed down an empty threat. I can say that much after several years. She wouldn't mention a third party unless there was one ready and active to step in, in more than one way. There's a few people I'm not popular with, even here on HNet. And when you factor in animosity from other haunts long past, it's anybody's guess.

In fact, Miss Daney, you were on my list of suspects. Only stands to reason, given our long, mutually-antagonistic and storied history. In this case though, I even have to suspect my closest friends.

Alex claims it's not him, but he quickly volunteered last time, without even asking if I was just gone for a break, or what. Didn't matter, he just saw a chance to be the boot-licker for MaryAnne. He was also pretty quick this time to claim innocence. Makes me wonder.

And the "Lukas" party recently admitted on this very thread that we didn't get along so well in the past. Was that a subtle hint, subtle warning, hidden in a post of supposed support?

Cripes, if I were to list all the likely suspects by name, I'd be here all night. Which is a bad idea, considering I should be writing....argh.

Brian

But I'm gonna find out who this "volunteer" is, who would so cheerfully participate in my removal.

I'd guess it's the Atlanta Lt. previously mentioned unless that was a red herring. Your cousin could be shucking and jiving 'bout a henchperson.

Oh it ain't no shuck and jive. There's a legitimate volunteer awaiting, just biding his time.

And the Atlanta Lieutenant is offended to be called a red herring. Plain vanilla maybe but not a red herring... :roll:

post-2558-143050809102_thumb.gif

I know some of y'all are working on your stories still.

Yeah, no kiddin'....how'd ya know?

GAH! I'm never gonna get this thing done in time. I did the math. I can type about sixty words a minute. Which means if I have my brain engaged, I can crank out so many pages an hour. Which means technically, if I don't sleep for these next 24 hours I've got plenty of time to finish.

*insert panic here*

GAAAAAAH!!

Brian

*as a hush falls over the gathered crowd just outside the county courthouse, Deputy MaryAnne Coltrane emerges, pokerfaced. She stands at the top of the steps and looks out at the assembled crowd*

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank all of you who worked hard and turned in stories to post as bail on Brian's behalf. We had seven bail postings.

I'm happy to announce that, as Brian indciated above, he did turn in a completed story. Although he missed the deadline I set, he did still turn in a story before midnight of the 6th across all US territories so.... Heh heh.

As a result of Brian's efforts and those of the community I'm very happy to say that Brian, and myself, will NOT be facing any jail time. You guys all did a great job!

I'm working on putting the Bail Bond page together to post at DOHFF hopefully within the next day or two.

Thank you very much! :D

*grins, looking very relieved*

My thanks to everybody who turned in a story, or who gave immoral support to the cause! Much appreciated! I look forward to reading everybody's stuff.

On a serious note, there's something to be said for keeping the creative juice going. Prior to the last three weeks, I'd been in a slump, and I wasn't contributing much to the collective cause. Beneath all the teasing here, there were some real issues that got addressed. A lot of positive changes got underway.

Sometimes MaryAnne and I have an odd way of sorting things out, but it works. And despite whatever access level I have here, she's not above booting my posterior out of the place, because she's done it before. (never fails to get my attention, either!) Whatever threats or dares we throw down, there's teeth to it. I don't know of any other Dukes site where the mods/admins ban each other to settle internal matters. Works for us, but maybe we're not the best example of how to run a website.

Anyhow, I've acheived the creative turnaround I needed, and chaos will ensue as usual. Thanks again to everyone who participated. And if you have ideas on how I can get a little revenge on MaryAnne for a March fanfic challenge...I'm all ears! Muahahaha.

Brian