Bail Bond Bonus Challenge -- Brian ya out there? =)

MaryAnne

You've got to be crazy. No, I don't have my story written yet. In fact I only recently stumbled upon yer madness on the Dukesofhazzardfanfic.com site. My reaction, to wit, was something to the effect of, "GAAAAAAAAH!!"

Ok, maybe I've been a little ree-laxed about my duties here on HNet and about supporting DOHFF.com. But ain't this takin' things a bit far?

MaryAnne, it's a shame that after all these years of mutal collaberation and teamwork, you find it necessary to threaten me in order to get creative contributions.

You could try bribing me, ya know. Offer a cash incentive. Throw in a paid vacation to Rio.

Besides, I know you'd never really cut off my access and lock me away. Or erase my character profile. Despite yer smarmy little threat of a writers "g". Hell, you haven't banned me from HNet in at least 2 years.

Two years? It's only been two years? Huh. How come I haven't banned you for something in two years?

Anyway, bribing you is no good cousin. I think you work better on the stress of potential threat of being permanently exiled. Afterall, you've been loafing around here now for awhile, why should I offer the incentive of a paid vacation so you can loaf even more?

Permanent exile??

Ya know, I'm startin' to get inspired with a story idea:

An Evil Deputy holds the small town of Hazzard in thrall with her nefarious schemes. She threatens her innocent kin with brutal consequences if her demands aren't met....all to further her own influence over this tiny, helpless community. With nowhere else to go and time running short, our hero's only hope is in the ability of the townsfolk to rally to his defense.

Ya like that one?

Compared to you, lately....yeah!! I haven't threatened you with incarceration, exile, or worse. At least, not in a long time.

I threatened you once, years ago, with a "Deputies Wanted" post, and the town rallied to ya. People clamoured for my ousting. Only a handful of a few, misguided loyalists took my side in the fracas. The majority of the populace wanted me outta there.

Are those few loyalists still out there? Or will the lack of story submissions speak for itself? Could I complete a story these days, if my life literally depended on it?

I guess we'll find out. MaryAnne, I accept yer challenge and the stakes. Tho' this is up there with your All-Time Rotten Shenangians.

Awright!! At last count, I have at least 2 friends willing to bail me out ! That's twice as many as I expected.

Ya'll can write....right?? Those Dukes fanfic stories gotta be to her Depu-ness, MaryAnne, by Feb 6. No need to panic, but that's less than 30 days.

I'm also trying to come up with a good ol' fashioned traditional Dukes story. Now if only I can remember anything about the show. Lessee....the Jeep is named Daisy and it's driven by Dixie Duke. The dark-haired boy is named Judd and his blonde cousin is called Coy. They drive a 1969 Dodge Cornet. They don't carry guns because they're poor and you can't reuse bullets like ya can arrows.

Piece o' cake! This outta be easy....

Yes, you have some loyalists out there Bri, but sometimes we ain't very good with deadlines.

*Looks around to see if the Deputy isn't listening. Then whispers.* Just take a look at the Wildlife office desk! *Thumbs back to own desk that is mile high in own piles of work.*

Maybe I might have something to help you out Brian on a story but I don't know if it will be done in time. I got at least ten pages maybe more and I need a little bit of advice on how to complete it darlin', especialy ehm, your advice. The only sad thing is, it's still in hard copy format (still in handwritting)!

Maybe you have a third loop hole out. Ok, call it two and a half... The way I am on deadlines.

I'm suprised I haven't been tanned with a wet noodle lately, cause I know I've been slackin'.

Val

*Now vigorously sifting through mounds of paper work at desk* Oh there is my income tax return from 05! Dang it! Only two cents!

*More sifting and a high pitch cat squeal is heard.* Mmmmeeeoow!

Sheesh! Hey there was a kitty in there... Ewww... so that's where my chocolate covered pickle and peanut butter sandwhich from last May went to. Yucky!

*still sifting, voice comes from under a mound of paperwork*

Don't worry Brian, I'm still working on it! *Thumbs up comes up out from under the papers*

Val

Unfortunatly, because of some Real Life issues right now, like my new job, all my energy is being put into that at the moment, so I'm fairly sure I won't be able to crank out a decent story in time.

What about shared stories, can two author's coauthor? Maybe I could assist Val in hers.

Otherwise, I'll have to settle with breaking out the pom-poms and cheering those who can write.

Pendragon

(Yes authors may co-author a piece.)

It's always a sight that warms my heart when the townsfolk rally to a cause. :wink:

Now, I'd write a story myself but I think that would be a conflict of interest. Afterall, the point is to challenge Brian, not myself. Challenging Brian is challenge enough for me! Heh! However, any of the other muses of Team Blue could contribute. Perhaps a certain Lieutenant in Atlanta....

Now there's some motiviation....

:p

post-2558-143050809094_thumb.jpg

I'm glad to see so many of ya'll offer to write something! You have mah heartfelt thanks, story or not. It's the thought that counts.

And I wish the thought was enuff, because I'm looking at a blank page with no title. GAH!!!

Ya know, I'd be hard pressed to write an episode summary for TV Guide right now, let alone an entire story.

Yet somewhere within, is creative juice and balsamic vinegar and two beers. That outta be enuff to get something flowing. I hope.

What's today...January 10th? Gives me 25 days if I start tonight. Plenty of time. No reason to panic.

GAAAAAAAH!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I see it there in the fine print in the bold letters at the top. Musta missed that somehow.

Doesn't mean we can't talk this over. Make a little deal. I'm sure I could come up with something in the days remaining, but just in case, how about accepting a reasonable bribe? I'm sure there's somethin' you'd enjoy having, like car parts...or a new baton...car posters....name it.

A new baton?!?! Now look, first of all the baton I've got is fine thankyouverymuch. Infact, it would appear I might have to dig it out and use it for motivational purposes.

But sure, we can deal. But car poarts, posters....nah....

Hmmm.....what could you bribe me with?

Oh I know!! How about a story?!