Bo, Like and Daisy's parents

morgan

Yesterday, I was looking an interview to Gy Waldron on the extra features of a Dvd and he talks about all the Dukes family.

He said the way the parents of the 3 cousins dead but I'm not so good to understand someone speaking english so I'm not sure: it seems to me to have understand accident or fire...something.

Do you know it?

• 4 weeks later...

To say someone's a tyke just means they were young when they arrived. As I understand it, from what Gy Waldron's been saying and stuff, this is what I get...

The Duke cousins parents died in the same car accident...how that works I dont know, dramatic liscencing (it would help if I could spell that word lol) I guess. Luke is the oldest of the cousins, Daisy next and then Bo. Bo was only a baby when he arrived at the farm, Daisy is supposed to be two years older than him, and then Luke two years older than Daisy. This then makes him four years older than Bo.

So therefore, if Bo is a baby, Daisy could have been 2 when she arrived and Luke 4. I have kinda always thought of it that way, what do other people think?

Well in Baby for the Dukes, Jesse said that they (being Bo and Luke) were babies when they arrived at the farm SO the Dukes must of arrived at the farm at different times. I don't think Gy Waldron said that the parents died in the same accident but they did die in car accidents. I'll have to go rewatch that to be sure though.

• 1 month later...

Jesse says something in the episode where they have to left the farm and go to other city: he says that Daisy was 5 and the other 2 very little (sorry, can't translate the exact word he use in the italian version).

Don't say if they arrive together or not, or how many years there are from the guy, but I read Bo is the youngest, too.

• 3 months later...

I've read that as well from the book and from other places, but it only equels to another oddity in their plot line or history. In one episode, Jesse says Daisy was six years old when she came to the farm while Bo and Luke had both been babies when he took them in. So if we go by their supposed age, it would be impossible for their parents to die at the same time - that would put Bo and Luke at the same age and Daisy six years older than them both.

In "Brotherly Love" didn't they say Luke's parents die in that hospital fire that had supposedly killed Jud?

I've noticed several incidents where the show counterdicts something said or shown in another episode such as that. But that was the one that bothered me the most. I always thought they should have made an episode to describe and show how they all had came to come live with Jesse. I think the actors thought the samething if I remember correctly. Oh well, I gess that is where writing fan-fic and imaginations comes in handy. ;)

Take care and keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

I am curious about that book. Is David Hofstede just a fan or was he a friend of Gy Waldron's or something? Could you tell me a little more about how the book is laid out and what it's purpose is. I guess the "Unofficial" part concerns me. If it's unofficial, does that mean that it simply the author's personal interpretation of Hazzard County? Shoot, any Hazzard fan could do that.

Hey, here's a thought. What if Jessie didn't mean that they arrived at the farm when they were that small as in parents died...what if he meant they were born at the farm and arrived into the world at that size...its a heck of a long stretch lol, but its all that I can think of. Because otherwise, how on earth would Luke have known about Jud in the the first place if he was only little when his parents passed? His parents wouldn't have told him about him and possibly not even have had Jud! lol

So then, if the parents then all died in the same car crash, it could be feaseable that Bo, Luke and Daisy arrived at different ages. If Daisy is 6, then Luke would have been 8 and Bo 4. That is the only way it could have made any sense to me.

What is also interesting is, is that Daisy says in the reunion movie that her mother died giving birth to her....does that mean that really only her father was killed in the car crash? :-S

• 2 weeks later...