Bandits Transam vs General Lee

dukes65

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Generel Lee for sure. The Trans Am was fast and a beautiful car but has no where near the class of the General. Besides, if I am not mistaken, I believe The General has logged 10 to 15 times more air time the the Trans Am has. He does it with more grace and style. I don't recall hearing a Johnny Cash song written about that T/A either.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It amazes me how much money the General or The Bandit pulls down! I mean these were two of my favorite cars/shows, but come on! These two cars were NOT exotic, with specialized engines etc. ( Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. etc.).....they were just cars with big engines ( muscle cars) that got VERY popular! When you pay that much for one, all you're doing is paying for a specialized paint job!!  Take away the show you saw either one of them on and take away the paint job and all you have is a regular car  that's very old now and it  wouldn't sell for a fraction of the price!! ( The General is my favorite though! :).....wish I had one!!)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the Erie (Pennsylvania) Auto Show this weekend a Smokey and the Bandit car was the main attraction. It makes me sick that the General has to be in the shadows and shows will no longer have it. At least us Dukes fans have the satisfaction of knowing it is still the most famous car in the world and will be so in our lifetimes.