When Friends Ain't Friends...

Glaring at the blonde man tied to the post he was talking pretty big for somebody who's just been left alone tied up and vulnerable.

"Is that so? Well even if your right it's gonna be a while before he can reach help on foot and by that time you may not be around to need saving." *sneering*

B.L. smiles at Daisy nodding "I just hope he's got enough sense to call for backup if he finds anything."

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisy laughed a little.

"Come to think of it, i'd be a little afraid too....Cooter was raised like a Duke, he's probably got the same mannerisms as Bo and Luke by now...which means Duke Stubborness and Pride,....I hope he retained the Davenport Common Sense..."

Bo swallowed a little but kept his chin up defiantly

"Course I will be."

B.L. chuckles slightly

"Oh yes he defenitely has Bo 'n Luke's mannerisms bust heads and ask questions later when his friends or family is in danger.....common sense Cooter? That's sorta why he's called crazy cos when he's mad he has none whatsoever and right now he's mad at whoever kidnapped the boys."

The man gave Bo a doubtful look as he prepared to leave the room

"sure Bo"

Daisy grimaced and nodded

"Uh huh...well...we just gotta pray then I suppose..."

Bo watched his retreating back before calling out daringly.

"Didn't your mama every teach you any manners Jerry...oh no wait...that's why you's so jealous of me an' Luke...because you ain't got no family that would help you out of this kind of situation...because they dosowned you for being dishonerably discharged!"

B.L. sighs leaning back against the couch resting her head on the back of it.

"Yeah that's about all we can do at the moment anyways."

Jerry stormed back into the room with a 2X4 board in hand and starts beating Bo with it. "Ya take that back Duke ya hear me take it back or ya ain't gonna live to see sunset much less another sunrise."

Daisy sighed and nodded, before glancing to the clock on the wall

"Aww heck I have ta get to work...you on a shift too today B.L?"

Bo groaned and yelped a little in pain as he was beaten, head hanging by the time Jerry stopped to give him order. But still he shook his head and looked up, saying with little pants between some words.

"Why....should I apolo....apoloigize....fer...tellin' the truth?"

"Yeah at least it'll keep us busy though so we don't worry about the boys."

B.L. pushes herself to her feet wearily the last thing she really wanted to do was go to work but she couldn't stand sitting there on the couch worrying either.

Jerry raised the board again but decided against beating Bo some more and just threw it against the wall as hard as he could splintering the board before stalking out slamming the door and locking it.

Daisy nodded and followed suit, giving Jesse a kiss and hug goodbye with strict orders to ring into the Boar's Nest if anything happened with the boys before leaving for work.

Bo sighed in relief as Jerry left, looking to the splintered board and hoping a little bit before remembering how hard Luke had found ti with the sharp jagged metal, wood wouldn't stand a chance. So he had no choice but to sit there and wait for Luke to come back.

B.L. also hugs and kisses Jesse's cheek before following Daisy out and getting in the Judge to follow Daisy to the boars nest.

Luke trudged along looking at his surrounding judging how close to home he was. Smiling as he realized he was only about 5 miles away and for an ex-marine that was an easy walk especially without a full pack on their back.

Daisy sighed and got into Dixie, driving away slower than usual so she too could keep a look out for the boys in case there were any signs they could have missed before. She didn't expect there to be whatsoever, but then again it never hurt to have a little optimism that something would come up.

Bo rested his head back against the post, shifting against his bonds as he looked around to try and find something to cut his ropes with, but unfortunatly any movement was now very painful and it caused him to yell out a little bit in pain.

B.L. slams on her own brakes as Daisy comes to an abrupt stop the Judge coming within inches of Dixie's bumper. Looks puzzled as Daisy takes off running toward the woods not seeing anything at first but then sees a figure running to meet Daisy. Jumps out of the car walking across both bumpers before jumping to the ground taking off in the direction Luke was coming from right behind Daisy.

Luke picks up speed his energy suddenly renewed at seeing Daisy and B.L. running in his direction.

"Daisy!.........B.L. am I glad to see ya'll"

Luke wraps his arms around Daisy's waist hugging her tightly

"I'm alright Daisy but we gotta get to Bo before somethin' bad happens to him."

B.L. wraps both her friends in a hug then pulls away heading back to the vehicles.

"I'll CB Cooter and tell him to get back here so we can go get Bo."

Runs back to the vehicles jumping up in the passenger seat of Dixie picking up the CB.

"Crazy C you got yer ears on" *no response pushes the button again* "Cooter ya out there we found Luke ya got to get back to the end of Mill Pond Road."

Daisy gasped a little along with B.L. and Cooter...although Cooter decided to unleash a torrent of unsavoury words instead of just settling for the gasp.

Before long they were all loaded into their respective cars and Daisy was talking away to Luke.

"How they heck did he capture you two? I mean, it aint like yer the eaisest people to catch now is it?!"

B.L. raised her eyebrows it wasn't often that Cooter felt the need to use swear words and even more rare did he use a string like he'd just let loose.

Luke sighed settling into the seat and taking a deep breath launched into the tale.

"We was walking through the woods cos we'd seen a bob cat and knew it'd get into somebody's chickens if we didn't go after it and kill it. So we was creeping along and all the sudden we found ourselves upside down by our ankles and a net throwed over us. I can't believe we got caught in a trap like that now with bein' ex-moonshiners and me havin' been in 'nam. I have ta say it was one of my more humilatin' moments. He stepped out from behind a tree and lowered the net into the back of a pickup and took us to the ole Perkin's place and slugged us over tha head so's we'd be easier to handle when we woke up we was tied to some posts in this little dark room."

Luke finished his tale with a flush of crimson at his own carelessness gettin' caught like they did.

*****Flashback******

Luke crept along off to one side of Bo going in another direction but still close enough they could talk. Scouts there area seeing somtheing points whispering

"Bo There"

Takes another step and is yanked off his feet into mid air upside down along with Bo and a net settles over them. Luke letting out a string of swear words that Jesse would still take him to the woodshed for if he'd heard them.

Luke swayed ever so slightly on the end of his rope a scowl marring his handsome features. His own arms folded he stared at Bo for a few minutes before replying.

"One.......... I think Jesse would forgive me considering the current situation we find ourselves in and two....we fell for this cos we's careless now that we ain't runnin' 'shine ta keep our skills sharp."