When Friends Ain't Friends...

Okay, hey everyone! Me and B.L. Davenport are back with another adventure and before we start I promise we have talked and decided no Duke Boy is going to die in this robin or any other we write in the near future. We upset ourselves quiet a bit writing that ourselves! lol. Anyway, we hope you enjoy this on and can we remind everyone, this is just between me and B.L. Davenport. You are more than welcome to read what's being posted, but please dont post your own posts in here. Thanks.

"Well I don't know! How am I supposed to know, I only saw them that morning and then didn't hear from them again!"

Daisy said hurridly in a high pitched voice as she paced the kitchen. It had been two days since her cousins has gone missing, and she was deeply worried. She knew something bad had happened as the General had been found abandoned at the side of the road and there had been signs of a scuffle. For Bo and Luke to lose that scuffle there had to have been underhanded tricks, and for underhanded tricks and a Duke loss of a fight, there had to be devious schemers at work.

She looked up as she felt a hand on her shoulder and saw Uncle Jesse gazing strongly and calming at her. He put another hand on her other shoulder and gently squeezed, keeping her still.

"Daisy....we know that....but the boys are going to be okay they are quite capable of taking care of themselves....you'll see."

Daisy looked round as B.L. nodded, as did Cooter from their positions at the table and sighed heavily, cuddling into Jesse

"I know that...I know but....I'm still worried..."

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke looks at Bo once they were left alone "You ok cousin?"

B.L. pats Daisy's hand "they'll be fine"

Cooter nods and adds to what B.L. and Jesse had said "I'm gonna go out looking for any signs of where they might have been took so doncha worry I'll have 'em home before ya know it." He hoped he sounded more convincing than he felt.

Daisy nodded and sighed softly. Her cousins were famous around Hazzard for many reasons and one of them was for the amount of trouble they always managed to get themselves into. It was widly known that Bo and Luke had enemies, they had sent so many people to prison it wasn't a surprise when someone turned up to get their payback....but having them mysteriously disappear was something Daisy didn't like because there was no way they could help without knowing where they were.

She gently rested her head on Jesse's shoulder as he guided her and B.L. to the lounge and the couch as Cooter got up and went out the kitchen door, all three of them praying that the boys could be found before they could get hurt or deeper into the trouble that Jesse was sure they were in.

------------

Bo looked over to him in the dim light of the room, nodding slightly.

"Yeah....think I's got a busted lip cause I can taste the blood in my mouth....and I've definitly been winded.....but asides that...I'm okay....how 'bout you? Did they hurt you?"

B.L. sighed leaning against Jesse's other shoulder as he sat between her and Daisy on the couch. This was far different from any other time the boys had gotten into some sort of trouble ususally Boss Hogg had been behind it but this time B.L. just didn't believe he'd been involved.

Luke shrugs slightly in the dim light of the room. He wasn't seriously hurt and was thankful neither was Bo.

"Nah I'm alright.......just got a bruised jaw *chuckles* but it ain't the first time that's happened.*

Luke shifts around trying to look behind himself to see what Bo was talking about. Seeing a small piece of jagged metal but barely he reached out with his fingertips to help guide his hands to it. Begins the laboring task of sawing the rope in-two. Stops for a second feeling the ropes they were beginning to fray but slowly.

"It's working just gonna take a while"

Bo swallowed and nodded, keeping lookout on the door. He whispered gently, knowing Luke was going to hate what he was going to suggest but still if this was going to take as long as he thought it might, it would be the best thing.

"Luke...if ya get it done...and they's comin'....just run....don't worry about me....get out and get some help!"

Luke stops his actions staring at Bo as if he had two heads. Coming back to reality he began to shake his head vigoriously.

"NO way Bo I can't leave you here them yokels will kill ya and I could never forgive myself if I left ya behind and ya got killed. Not to mention I couldn't go on without ya. So no I ain't goin without ya."

Started sawing on the ropes again as he finished making it clear he wasn't going to argue about it.

Bo sighed and leant back against the post he was tied to, looking up at the ceiling before trying again.

"But Luke....if they come in and ya's got the ropes off they'll just tie ya right back up again....i'm not sayin' leave me if we's got time to get me undone....but if we don't you should just go and get some help. Them guys ain't gonna kill me, we're both too valuable to 'em or they wouldn't have done this in the first place....trust me Luke...."

Bo couldn't see Luke but before he could feel Luke's stern gaze boaring into his back, now however he didn't know how Luke was reacting and so he twisted himself as much as he could to see his older cousin, facing him with pleading eyes.

Luke sighed he hated it when Bo layed those sad puppy dog eyes on him and he could see his cousin well enough in the dim light to know that was exactly the look Bo was giving him.

"Ok Bo you win I'll go get help if I get the chance. But if there's time I'm takin' you with me cos no tellin' how desperate them two will get if I escape they ain't gonna take the chance of you escapin' too while they chase me."

Sawing on the ropes some more Luke could feel them starting to give way. Pulling his arms apart slightly he was frustrated when the ropes didn't break away. Going back to the arduous task of of trying to saw the ropes in two on the metal, he hissed as his arm slipped causing the sharp metal to nick his arm instead of slicing another strand of the rope.

Luke shakes his head looking at Bo reassuringly

"Nothin' Bo just cut my hand a little on this dang piece of metal but it's ok."

Yanks on the ropes again but they still won't budge, one of the kidnappers bangs on the wall as Luke accidentally bumps it with his elbow.

"HEY PLOWBOYS STOP TRYIN' TO TEAR THE PLACE DOWN"

Luke looks at the door menacingly and says quietly through gritted teeth.

"Ya just let me get loose and I'll show you what tearin' the place down is like."

Bo chuckled a little, quietly as he heard Luke mutter. No many people knew this about Luke, but when he was younger and before he joined the Marine's, his older cousin had a killer temper and it had resulted in Bo ending up in hospital a few times when he was on the recieving end....it had been curbed by the war in 'Nam largly although sometimes it still shone through as clear as day and Bo wondered to think what Luke could do to those guys should he let the anger get the better of him.

"How's the ropes comin'?"

Luke jerked and yanked on the damn ropes curing a blue streak under his breath at their continued resistance. Finally though he gave a fierce yank and they split. Looking at the rope burns he determines they aren't too bad nor the cut but he would need a tetanus shot most likely because of it.

"Finally"

He said as he reached down and started to untie his ankles.

Bo grinned as he heard Luke cursing, laughing under his own breath before looking over as properly as he could, watching Luke try and get himself free as quick as possible, hoping that he could. As much as he said he didn't mind, the thought of being here alone really did scare him a little bit, it was better having Luke because they kept each other calm. Things seemed good though for the escape, the guys hadn't decided to do anything more than hurl abuse

Luke stands up stretching his cramped muscles before going over to Bo squatting down in front of the younger man. Before he can say one thing though a noise is heard from the other room, Luke tenses as he steps behind the door hearing footsteps get closer.

"Alright what's going on in here?" *gruffly the thug asked as he came into the room only to have Luke try and slam the door on him*. Slamming the door stunned the kidnapper long enough for Luke to try to run out giving Bo a regretful look as he did so and made it just as the man grabbed for his shirt collar and missed when Luke elbowed the man in the stomach.

Luke charged out the door and into some nearby woods before slowing his pace wanting to be as out of sight as he could be. About 300 yards or so into the woods he stopped placing his hands on his knees doubling over breathing heavily after the mad dash for freedom.

Back at the farm Jesse still sat on the couch between Daisy and B.L. and arm around each of them. Cooter may have went outside but he hadn't left yet he was pacing the yard trying to decide which direction to start looking for the boys in. Suddenly jumping in the tow truck and tearing out of the yard. B.L. raises up on one knee turning to look out the window as the wrecker roared to life and tore out of the yard.

Bo sighed with relief that Luke had got away and sank back against the post again with a smirk. He knew Luke could do it, and it wouldn't be long before Luke brought help back with him.

Daisy too looked up as she heard the wrecker roar to life and tear away from the farm, hoping that Cooter may have just got some new information or something,

Catching his breath Luke began his trek home silently through the woods his marine instincts kicking in allowing him to be virtually silent as he wound his way through the woods in a fashion that would confuse anyone trying to follow him.

The man had who just come in to see what all the commotion was about stood there staring at the door for at least 5 minutes then looked back at Bo grinning evilly before giving Bo's cheek a hard slap.

"I wouldn't be smirking boy the way he lit outta here he's not coming back for you."

B.L. sighs as she turns back around sitting with one leg pulled up under her.

"He's lookin' for trouble the way he just tore out."

Bo's head snapped to the side with the force of the slap, giving only a slight groan to indicate it had affected him at all. Blinking a little he looked back up at the guy with the same cocky smirk

"Course he's comin' back! The worst mistake ya made was lettin' Luke get away....he's just gonna bring back help an' then yer goin' down....ya's lost..."

Daisy nodded and wrapped an arm around her

"He'll be alright, he's just as worried about Bo and Luke as we are....yet out of all of us, I trust him most to drive at the moment."