For as long as she could remember, Christine and Bo had always been best friends. Her parents were friends of Jesse, so Christine always spent a lot of time at the farm. She and Bo were the same age, just a few months apart actually, so they went to school together, all the way through high school. As they got older, Bo would get a little jealous when Christine would spend more time with Daisy doing girly things, rather than hang out with him.

“How come she doesn’t want to hang out with me anymore?†Bo asked Luke.

“Bo you guys are in high school now. She’s into make-up and boys. She can’t talk to you about that type of stuff. And Daisy finally has a friend she can talk to about that stuff too.â€

“But now I hardly see her, unless it’s at school.â€

“Bo, trust me you will learn.†Luke laughed a little. “And you never know, by the time you guys graduate, maybe you’ll think of her as more than a friend.â€

“No way Luke. I don’t think I could ever think of her as more than a friend.â€

And for the four years in high school that’s how it was. Bo never saw Christine more than a friend. But she knew that no matter what, she would always have to hear about Bo’s latest girlfriend from him. She knew how he was and all but she did deep down have feelings for him. However she never told him because she was afraid it would ruin their friendship. In senior year, she decided to go away to college. Her family was moving to New York as it was, and she decided she would go to college there as well. And when she told Bo about what she was doing after graduation, he wasn’t too happy.

“You’re what? But what about us?†Bo said.

“Bo I’m just moving away. You’re still going to be my best friend.â€

“You say that now, but what about when you meet new people. You’ll forget all about me.â€

“Sure I’ll meet new people Bo, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop being your best friend.â€

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was four years since then and Christine was returning to Hazzard. While she loved being away for college, she missed being back home with all her friends. Her first stop was the Duke farm. She had already spoken to Daisy and Uncle Jesse. She told them she would be staying at a hotel until she found a place, but Uncle Jesse wouldn’t have it. He always thought of her as family and told her that she was welcomed to stay with them and he wouldn’t take no for an answer.

When she got there, she was greeted by everyone, except Bo. After she had settled herself in, she would be sharing the room with Daisy; she went over to Luke and asked where Bo was.

“I think he may be in the barn,†Luke told her.

Christine went to the barn and sure enough there was Bo. “What’s this, I don’t even get a hello from you now?â€

He ignored her and she went over to him, “Bo what is your problem?â€

“My problem is that you left me. Decided you didn’t like your life here and left.â€

“Bo I wanted to go away for college, but I’m back now, that’s what matters.â€

Bo turned to her, “Yeah until you decide you don’t wanna stay again and then you’ll leave.â€

“Bo you’re the one who stopped calling me.â€

“Cause it wasn’t the same. I used to be able to talk to you whenever, but then it got to be too hard to keep up with your schedule. And I felt like I lost my best friend.â€

“And how do you think I felt? When I lost contact with you, I lost more than my best friend.â€

“What do you mean by that?†Bo asked confused.

“Nothing Bo, forget I said anything.†Christine said walking out of the barn. Bo followed her. “Bo leave me alone please,†she said when she realized he was behind her.

“Come on let’s go for a ride. Just like we used to.â€

She looked at him, “Me get in a car with you? I still haven’t recovered from my last ride with you that time.â€

“Yes but you haven’t ridden in The General yet have you,†he said giving her one of those cute smiles.

He was right; he and Luke built that car after she had left. But when it was done, Bo had been sure to call her up to tell her all about it.

So that night Bo drove the two of them to the park and parked by the pond. “So tell me what you meant by what you said at the barn,†Bo said.

“It’s nothing Bo. It’s just that…I don’t know I always thought of you as more than a friend.â€

He looked at her, “You did?â€

“Bo look I never told you cause I didn’t want the friendship to be ruined by it. I’m sorry I said anything about it now as it is. Look maybe we should just….†She was cut off from talking by a kiss from Bo.

She pulled away, “Bo what was that for?â€

“Well maybe because I felt the same way for some time too. You know Luke had told me one day I probably would feel that way, but I didn’t think it could happen. But when you told me you were leaving, then it hit me. I wasn’t just losing a best friend anymore.â€

With that, Bo went back to kissing Christine and he laid her down on the seat. She continued to kiss him but then stopped when she realized where this was heading. “Bo...I don’t think we should.â€

Bo stopped and looked at her, “What’s wrong? We both love each other don’t we?â€

“Bo it’s not that, I believe you. It’s just that….†she looked away from him, “I’m scared Bo that’s what’s wrong.â€

“What are you afraid of…oh you haven’t before have you?â€

She shook her head and Bo kissed her. “Look I don’t want you to do anything you wouldn’t want to do. So whenever you want me to stop then I will.â€

But she didn’t tell him to stop that night because there was something different about Bo. And from the second he kissed her, she knew she felt there was something between the two of them. After when they had both gotten dressed they decided to stay and just sit in the car for a little longer and just cuddled and ended up falling asleep. By the time they realized they had fallen asleep in the car it was already the next morning. Bo hoped that no one would be awake when they got back home, however he was wrong because everyone had already been up and were eating breakfast when the two of them walked in to the house.