Steve Irwin

georgiagal1

Steve Irwin was one of the MAJOR reasons why I am going to pursue zoology and animal science. He was one of my heros and when I heard about his death, I was in complete and utter shock. That night I watched all the news coverage, and the memoire thing on Animal Planet and went through nearly a whole Kleenex. I still can't believe he's dead. It was extremley tragic or horrific. My prayers are with Terri, Bindi, and Robert "Bob". Rest in peace Steve.

I've been watching all the things about him on Animal Planet. I watched one interview he did in 2004 and cried. I've never cried over a celebrity's death, but he felt like a friend. He wasn't all talk, he put his money where is mouth was, and you could tell he really cared about wildlife. And his accent was adorable <3 Gosh this sucks..... :cry:

It is all very sad and still very unbelieveable that something like that could happen. Steve was a great guy - he cared about what he did and he put emotion into everything. It was great to see and hear just how much his family meant to him, how much he adores his kids. His family is in my prayers for their loss and the trials that they are now facing.

I've always enjoyed watching Steve Irwin on TV, whether he was at his zoo or in the wild. He put just as much enthusiastic into each topic he was covering and he made it very interesting to watch. He was funny and educational at the same time.

He will be missed.

~Garrett Duke~

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...