Waylon Tribute

Thanks mini and Garrett. If it's born on June 15, I hope I can talk her into naming it Waylon or Waylonette. But since Jesse is my favorite character and Waylon was married to Jessi Colter, maybe I can talk her into one of those names. It's going to take some doing though because she didn't respond very favorable when I brought it up earlier this week. LOL

Thanks mini and Garrett. If it's born on June 15, I hope I can talk her into naming it Waylon or Waylonette. But since Jesse is my favorite character and Waylon was married to Jessi Colter, maybe I can talk her into one of those names. It's going to take some doing though because she didn't respond very favorable when I brought it up earlier this week. LOL

Her First child then.

• 13 years later...
On 2/16/2008 at 3:47 PM, Garrett Duke said:

I might have heard his songs and of Waylon before I got into the Dukes in '97 (Don't ask me how I remember that...lol) but never paid much attention to him until I got into the show. Now I own several albums of him (mainly they are all hit collections) and really enjoy his music. I enjoyed listening to him on the show, he always had interesing, funny things to say. It is too bad they hadn't paid the extra money to show his face along with his hands in the opening song. I think some of my favorite sayings too are him introducing Hazzard and at the beginning of the show, the Duke family. He helped you know the characters from the get go.

I must confess while I am here at it, that I do listen to the newer stuff and own a lot of albums from new artists. But as I said, it is a lot different than what it use to be which is sad because it was good back then too. They should have two different categories or be more willing to play the older stuff with the new. There are a few artists out there that are pure country that are still singing...like Alan Jackson, George Strait...Joe Nichols is pretty Country I think. But there isn't much out there any more.

But Cousin Garrett Duke... If they paid him to show his face we wouldn't have that extra awesome extended "I'm a good ol' boy Ya know my momma loves me But she don't understand they keep showin' my hands not my face on TV haha"version.