DUKES 2 OFFICAL WEBSITE UP!

matt duke

To each his own.

Hell, I am still hoping they do a DOH Next Generation TV show. :p

If we look at the 80s crazy a few years ago EVERY properity in one way or another was changed a bit. Most had updated looks. Check out MLP, He-Man, Transformers etc. They were altered someway. Thats just the way it goes. The majority of todays youth are not going to be rivited to the TV watching some stuff from the 80s. I'm sorry but its true. Most properities need to be updated...though carefully and they can appeal to both today and yesterday's fans.

I am looking forward to this new direct to dvd movie. Do I have great hopes in it..no but I want to see what they do. Fretting over small things just isnt worth my time becuase in the end they will do whatever the hell they want to do with their properity.

Unfortunately Yes WB can do what ever they please with this property. As so called fanatics of the original property how far across the line are we going to let them step before we say enough is enough and stop buying the stuff they are producing. Probably for some of you never. You will continue to buy anything as long as it says Dukes of Hazzard regardless of the content and little trivialities they change in order to sell product.You know there are actually younger people who think that the movie is the only Dukes of Hazzard? Yes believe it or not it is true. I had a younger fellow come up to me at a carshow and asked about the autographs I have and I said they were from the cast and crew of Dukes.He said"From the movie?" I said no from the TV show. He said "There was a TV show?" and he was serious as a heart attack he had no clue. Again I hope I am proven wrong and this new project will be decent.I'm not above eating some crow.

Boy, it's been a while since I posted anything here...but, fellas, don't be surprised too much if the movie is released with the GL looking an aweful lot like the "Pre-Cooter" GL with the hand painted 01. Maybe, just maybe, the Photoshopped picture that seems to be the only topic here, is only being used to lure us fans in. Hmmm. If WB's showed the Pre-Cooter GL on the cover how many new fans would they get? Who wants to see an old P.O.S. make some jumps? (ME!)

Overall, I think the choices made for the new cast are good. Boss Hogg and Roscoe NEED to be comedy players. As far as the others...I couldn't tell ya 'cuz I don't know them.

My only actual complaint is they're NOT FILMING IT HERE THIS TIME!!! Sorry bout that...but I was wantin' more fun.

Unfortunately Yes WB can do what ever they please with this property. As so called fanatics of the original property how far across the line are we going to let them step before we say enough is enough and stop buying the stuff they are producing. Probably for some of you never. You will continue to buy anything as long as it says Dukes of Hazzard regardless of the content and little trivialities they change in order to sell product.You know there are actually younger people who think that the movie is the only Dukes of Hazzard? Yes believe it or not it is true. I had a younger fellow come up to me at a carshow and asked about the autographs I have and I said they were from the cast and crew of Dukes.He said"From the movie?" I said no from the TV show. He said "There was a TV show?" and he was serious as a heart attack he had no clue. Again I hope I am proven wrong and this new project will be decent.I'm not above eating some crow.

Of course there will be younger fans who do know there was a TV show. The same could be said when classic songs are remade by todays artists and people are like..oh its been redone?

If the movie sucks no one will watch it or buy it and people will turn their noses up at it. ANd that will speak volumes. If its good and people like it that also speaks volumes.

Cant judge something that hasnt been released yet.

If people do not like the concept...then fine. If people are upset that there is no flag on the car...thats fine. Those people do not have to buy or watch the movie.

But the key is to each their own. If people are intersted in it(like myself) then I am gonna see what its all about. I may like it I may hate it, but thats just the way it is.

For some to say you are not a real fan becuase you dont...(fill in the blank) is getting to be tiresome. I have heard this with too many properties. Its like people want to prove they are a TRUE fan. But how does one define a true fan?

Of course there will be younger fans who do know there was a TV show. The same could be said when classic songs are remade by todays artists and people are like..oh its been redone?

If the movie sucks no one will watch it or buy it and people will turn their noses up at it. ANd that will speak volumes. If its good and people like it that also speaks volumes.

Cant judge something that hasnt been released yet.

If people do not like the concept...then fine. If people are upset that there is no flag on the car...thats fine. Those people do not have to buy or watch the movie.

But the key is to each their own. If people are intersted in it(like myself) then I am gonna see what its all about. I may like it I may hate it, but thats just the way it is.

For some to say you are not a real fan becuase you dont...(fill in the blank) is getting to be tiresome. I have heard this with too many properties. Its like people want to prove they are a TRUE fan. But how does one define a true fan?

How does one define a true fan? You really want me to answer that? Before I do,I guess we'll make a distinction between being a fan and being a fanatic even though they are supposed to have the same meaning . A fanatic is someone that has excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist" A person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". Ok now a fanatic of the original Dukes believes in everything that the original had. Established story lines,character traits,ect. Any change to such is unacceptable to a fanatic. Removing the flag, nope. So accepting all these changes no matter how trivial you seem to think they are is not being a fanatic by definition of the word. I'm sorry you just can't change the meaning to suit your position. I'll be the fanatic and whoever accepts the changes can be called a fan if it will keep peace on the board and end the bickering.

• 6 months later...

I wonder. Is that a fanatic or someone who fears change? No offense but when I think of fanatic I think of a crazy person who is a little too obsessed. Not saying you are, but thats what comes to my mind when I think of one.

You will always have the old series. That will never change. But for one moment you cannot believe that any new DOH remake will be like that. It will not happen. If a new movie or series comes out it will have the stuff we have seen in the last two.

As was previously posted. The movie knocked it outta the park when it came to their men demographic. That speaks loudly. People are always trying to find shows for that demographic, so maybe now they found one. If that is the case you will see more of the same, not what used to be.

No offense but when I think of fanatic I think of a crazy person who is a little too obsessed. Not saying you are, but thats what comes to my mind when I think of one.
Divia you consider yourself a fan though. So you actually agree there is a difference between a fan and a fanatic even though most definitions say they are the same.You agreeing with me? That's a first. Now I'll agree with you.Unfortunately that's all WB looks at certain demographics.I guess the 35-45 demographic,the age bracket that made the original series so popular there wouldn't be these new ones doesn't mean squat to them anymore.