the dukes movie SUCKS!!!

As I recall I warned everyone about both of the newer movies before they were released.I was right along with Ben Jones saying boycott but nobody seemed to pay attention. I can say now I told you so.Only very few who post on here actually liked the first one. Jimmy is absolutely correct in saying WB or Hollywood in general love the weak willed. As long as it had Dukes of Hazzard in the title most of you were duped into going to see it.I knew just from the trailer and how it was cast it was going to be bad. Now we have heard from another original cast member about how they feel they tarnished all their hard work for 7 seasons.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall I warned everyone about both of the newer movies before they were released.I was right along with Ben Jones saying boycott but nobody seemed to pay attention. I can say now I told you so.Only very few who post on here actually liked the first one. Jimmy is absolutely correct in saying WB or Hollywood in general love the weak willed. As long as it had Dukes of Hazzard in the title most of you were duped into going to see it.I knew just from the trailer and how it was cast it was going to be bad. Now we have heard from another original cast member about how they feel they tarnished all their hard work for 7 seasons.

im kind of with ya there, they should have never made the newer movies, i mean the old ones on DVD are still popular, and the reunion movies are too, i saw no need in making the newer movies.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am "the few" who liked the 2005 movie, matter of fact I still enjoy watching it. :popcorn:

The direct to DVD movie is another story. :censored:

Here it is almost 4 years later and it is still getting attention. So I guess ya'll can keep getting up on your soapbox about the 2005 movie. I will just continue watch it and put it right next to my Dukes series DVD's.

I'm gone

Darrell

• 4 weeks later...
The Dukes Of Hazzard Movie was the biggest waste of celluloid EVER. Jest period, I didn't like it all, th only good character in it were General Lee, that's it.

Okay, if you want to see a really good movie now go and see if you can find "Moonrunners" but I'm going to recommend going to Video-House.org that's where I got mine from because it seems that the second movie they tried to make alot like but not quite there. They didn't have Molly and Bealuh and Traveler or Beauregard The Mule in it as well but there are some differences from the Original Series like Bobby Lee Hag has dark hair and there's Zibow and Cooter and Sheriff Rosco Coltrane is more of a Minor Character and doesn't seem so determined after the their bet now. And Jake you want to like this guy, but it's really hard to because of what he is doing as well, and the one fact that sticks out in my mind is that their really caught by the cops for actually running moonshine now. And that if you haven't seen it yet Grady Hag is played by James Mitchum and he is the oldest son of Robert Mitchum and Bobby Lee Hag is played by Kiel Martin from Hill Street Blues which I didn't know until today now. You have to watch the movie to figure out who Molly and Bealuh is in the movie as well. I found out online that Kiel Martin was born July 26, 1944 and died Dec 28, 1990.

Moonrunners is what The Dukes of Hazzard is "Loosely" based upon. It was made in 1975. Gy Waldron was in charge of that movie as well as the Dukes. They used some of the character names from this movie and transposed them into Dukes.

Have you ever seen the movie, because I have twice now it's good and the mule is very quiet as well.

Yes I have it on VHS. It was on TV a number of years ago and I taped it. If you notice at the very beginning the bar that Grady and Bobby Lee go into where Bobby is gonna play with the band is called The Boars Nest.

I noticed that as well, they had Bobby as the picker and sure of himself in his driving, and Grady is always after the woman and the race car driver as well. And Ben Jones plays Fred the agent that suggest tailing the mule now.

• 11 months later...
Guest SleepysRose

Tim you weren't alone when it came to boycotting those movies. I never went to see them, but a couple years later my neighbor found out I was a Duke fan and brought both of the movies over to me on DVD. Well...let's just say all those DVDs did was sit on the shelf and collect dust. When my neighbor asked if I had watched them I told him no. He asked why and I told him why and that I was 150% behind the original cast on boycotting the entire thing from the start, and I will not and shall not watch those movies period because of it. Heck I even gave them back top him and said to keep them because I sure wasn't going to watch them. So I stood behind and still do when it comes to avoiding those movies. I'm sorry but if it's not going to be family oriented then it's not worth watching if the original cast doesn't like it. Just my two cents.

• 4 months later...

I didn't have to go see this movie to know it was bad, I just saw the previews.

I have a lot of friends who are younger, and unfortunately, they've never heard of the show, and some of them actually like this movie, cause that's all they know about when it comes to DoH. If only they knew about the show, most of them would appreciate the show so much more.

ARRRRGHHH!

I once saw this greeting card that says "These days, it requires little or no talent to be a celebrity" on the front.

John, Tom, Catherine, Denver, James, Sorrell, and the TV cast busted their chops during the show's run and worked hard at their craft, and they have *talent*.

The cast of the movie have little or none, I swear sometimes, nowadays Hollywood picks up bums & Madonna wanna-be's off the street and dares to call them superstars.

I have a lot of friends who are younger, and unfortunately, they've never heard of the show, and some of them actually like this movie, cause that's all they know about when it comes to DoH. If only they knew about the show, most of them would appreciate the show so much more.

Sounds like the people that made/starred in the movie (I assume 'some of them actually like the movie').

• 1 month later...

I'll admit, I watched the movie, hoping for something of the original. But I was so disappointed. It was nothing like the original show. Nothing could have prepared me for it. All I can say is that I am so disappointed in WB for what they did to a wonderful show. Shame on you WB for only caring for the money and quantity, not the quality.