Have you met Tom?

I too have heard negative things about Tom, which desturbed me because he has always been my favorite! One thing I heard was he wanted to distance himself from Dukes, well, with an open mind I met him myself at Duke Fest this year. If he wanted to distance himself or was in any way embarrassed about being Luke he sure didn't show it!

I found him just as sweet as Luke. I watched for about two and a half hours as he signed autographs and spent a few precious (to us) moments with the fans. They brought in a child in a wheel chair and he went over and got down to the childs level to talk and for pictures and autographs.

Then while on stage he and John were preforming songs but you could see the mischief in both them as they shared their own private conversation away from the mics. They were both cutting upand enjoying themselves. They like the show did include Daisy in some of this.

Sat. night they kept trading guitars. John made the statement that they were each others guitar techs.

On Sunday while John was at the mic Catherine and Tom had video cameras recording the crowd, then Tom switched and recorded the crowd with a second camera (likely John's???) John had an announcement before they started on Sunday, "We have an Orange 1969 Dodge Charger with Licnse number CNH-320 that has left its lights on! The crowd around me returned Good Luck finding the owner! (as there was over 100 General Lees there)

When Tom came on stage the crowd was really making him feel welcome, he came out and 'flashed' the crowd by openning his shirt!! By the way if any have a picture of that I'd like to see it. I was too busy watching from very close up to take the picture! LOL And ladies that chest is still as strong and muscular as it was years ago!!!! OMG! As well as his back (above the waist-- Yes I was good! -- Uncle Jesse raised me to be a lady) when I put my arm around him for the picture.

DixieDavenport!!

I've never meet Tom personally, but I've heard a lot of first hand accounts that he is a honey. Of course most of them come from the people in his fan club. Dixie in response to your question about anyone having pictures of Tom when he "flashed" the crowd, I saw some of those pics. I think it was on Tomtown, the yahoo group that's based on everything about Tom. I'm pretty sure that's where it was, and even if it wasn't they have some great pictures of him.

Hi all.

I don't know where you hurd those neditive reports about Tom. But I met Tom When he came to Maine and he is a sweetheart and I have been a fan of Tom's Sence I was 9 years old and I,m now 36. I had my picture taken with him and we talked for a little bit. he's an Awsome guy and he's still is so handsome. But I didn't get to see him at the Duke fest cause I was in John's line for 2 1/2 hours for my 14 year old daughter. She Likes John. Ya he had a great time doing the Dukes But people have to relise the work Tom is doing now. he works on Braudway and he's doing a great job he with 42 Steet again. they are on tour. I hope they come to Maine

Dukesrule2000,

Yeah I know that Tom has other interests which is great! But after some of the DVD's came out with Tom not with John and Catherine I've heard that he was trying to distance himself from Dukes and things like that, but I've kept an open mind and was rewarded with the Tom I believed him to be.

You know how people are ususally if they can't say something bad they dont' say anything good!

DixieDavenport

I met Tom this year at Dukefest my very first! He was super nice just like everyone else. I was waiting with my cousin over in Sonny's line and the security guard let the person also in a wheelchair and their companion across the partition over into Tom's line. He got up from his table and came over to them and signed the autograph before posing for a picture.

He then took the few steps further back to where I was and signed an autograph for me then got down on my level for a picture lol I was alot shorter than the other person but they had a taller wheelchair than mine. I'm planning to go back next year!

B.L.