A HAZZARD INFERNO

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie says "Oh Dusty, I glad your okay remember when Mom, Dad and Joey died and I didn't talk to you for four whole months you know I had hard time dealing with losing Joey and escpecially B.L. Davenport she was always crying everytime you had seen her somewhere."

Daisy says " Uncle Jesse took it the hardest losing his nephew and little brother and sister-in-law and he couldn't stand Hughie Hogg when he found out it was him that did that to his family."

Uncle Jesse says " And when I found Dusty and Luke was in the middle of that fire well I was worried that I was going to lose them forever and besides the Duke family has been to enough grief than any normal family should have to go through. All of my siblings are gone and lost my parents at young age. And I thought that Joseph would one day see his duaghters get married and give them away. And then Emma is kidnapped from right out of there own house. I thought he was going tear something when he found Dusty hurt and bleedind and then he found know Emma. But Julie when you and Joey was born he had a new lease on life and if you want me to give you away when you marry Cordell then I will be honored to do so. But first lets go see what is going with Luke I wouldn't want to lose him either.

Cue Kitty

Meanwhile over at the hospital Luke was laying on of the beds in the ICU

while his doctor was checking his vitals out like his breathing which turned

out to be very shallow so he told the nurse to hook Luke up to oxygen mask , also a heart moniter for precaution to prevent a heart attack.

And then he tried waking Luke but got no response so then he wrote down

on Luke's chart comatosed , unresposive ", meanwhile in the waiting room

Uncle Jesse, Daisy, Dusty, Bo was sitting in the waiting room waiting for word about Luke's condition little knowing that he is now in a coma .

Meanwhile in the ICU Luke's doctor was making his way to tell the Dukes

the news of Luke's condition only he didn't know how they were gonna

react when they found out that he is now in a Coma so about 15 minutes

l

" well at the moment Luke is still out cold , his breathing is shallow which I can only assume is from a collasped lung so we hooked him up to an Oxygen Mask ,also i noticed that his heart rate was a little slow so he is on a heart moniter , and he unfortunetely is in a very deep Coma which I he may not wake up from.

Cue Julie Duke

All the Dukes were full of sorrow at the Doctors news. Uncle Jesse, trying to keep the families hopes up, tried to stay strong. "May we see him doctor?" he asked.

"Of course sir, only one at a time though." The doctor smiled sympathetically.

-----------

Uncle Jesse came out of the room about twenty minutes later and his cheeks and eyes were red, obviously from crying. Daisy cluthed Bo's hand and Bo tried hard to smile. "Doc said ya'll can go in in a few minutes, he's just looking over Luke" Jesse sighed and sat down.

----------

Dr. Edward was just doing routine checks on Luke. He was taking his pulse, and as he laid Luke's hand down by his side, he noticed a blood-looking residue on his bed. With a nurse's help they shifted Luke over, and both of them gasped.

"Oh my gosh." Dr. Edward gasped. "Nurse, go get me 2 CCs of penicillin." he ordered. There, along Lukes left side was about a 4-inch gash that was now bleeding. Brown and black surronded the laseration, and it was now totally infected with bacteria. The docotor sent a nurse out to tell the Dukes about it.

"Well it's not deadly is it?" Bo asked anxiously, glancing at Dusty.

The Nurse diverted her eyes from them. "If the bacteria has gone too deep, it could have reached his blood stream and then it will become a big problem."

"Fatal?" Dusty asked, clutching her fiances hand.

"Well...not neccesarily at this stage, we can't know until we prefrome surgery to clean out of the wound, clean out the infection and stich him back up."

"but it could be?" Daisy aksed.

"I'm afraid so."

Cue: Kitty or whoever

Dusty went white as a ghost and tears began to fall from her eyes. It was her baby brother all over again. Dusty started to hyperventilate. "Oh God...It's...it's...Joey...all...all...over again! I..I...can't take it...it.. agai." Dusty said trying to catch her breaths. Cordell grabed Dusty and sat her in the chair behind her.

"Sweetheart don't worry, Luke will be just fine. Won't he doc?" Cordell asked the the doctor. He was worried what this would do to Dusty's psyce.

Cue HotHillbilly or anybody

Dr. Edward came up beside the nurse. "Well, there's no guarente of anything as of right now." he cleared his throat and handed Jesse a clip board that had a few papers on it. "Since Luke is unconcious, we need you to give us consent to operate. Like all surgery's, there is a risk but this is not a life threatening surgery, but we do need to find out how deep the laseration and wound go. He has 2nd degree burns on his legs and arms, and it seems to look like he punched something, because 2 bones in his hands are shattered and bloody. Other then those, we can't tell anything else right now."

Jesse looked at his nephew and nieces, and future nephew. "Okay, you have my consent." and filled out the forms

"Thank you Mr. Duke." Dr. Edward took the papers and left the Dukes sitting in the waiting room.

Cue: anywho

Dusty sat in the chair, shaking violently. "They're going to kook him up to that ventilater and then he'll die like Joey. I had to kill my baby brother to let him go because he was a vegeable. But I can't watch that happen to Luke. The walls are closing in on me, I need out of here." Dusty said as she jumped up and started for the door.

Jude and Cordell stopped her and started struggleing in their arms. Dusty screamed thorugh her tears. "shh Baby...shh" Cordell whispered in her ear. Cordell wrapped his arms around Dusty and eased her to the floor. "Joey, i'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. It's my fault." Dusty said over and over again through her tears.

CUe Julieduke, HotHillbilly or anybody

Dusty turned her tear stain face up at Cordell. "Cordi, I can't loose Luke, because if I loose Luke then what is the point in livin." Dusty said as she buried her face in Cordell's chest. "I can think of one reason Dusty, me. I ain't going to loose you now." Cordell said with fierce determation. Uncle Jesse saw and didn't holded back the pride he felt for thsi boy who was going to be his future nephew.

Cue Julieduke, HotHillbilly, or anybody

Julie couldn't help but smile and wrapped her arm around her sisters shoulder. Daisy rubbed Dusty's arm as she sat down next to her. Bo sat with his back against the wall, rather quiet. Looking up at the clock, Bo kept getting anxious because time seemed like it was in stand-still. The whole World seemed like it was spinning faster and faster, but the clock kept getting slower. Sluggishly, Bo tried to sit down but it seemed like the sand of time was sucking him into a whole of nothingness. "Bo?" Daisy asked, shaking him lightly on the shoulder, and Bo jerked back into present time. "Are you okay?"

"mmhm." he nodded and sunk down with his back against the wall. Uncle Jesse wasn't talking, just sitting and staring at the ground; in deep thought.

What seemed like seven hours later, Dr. Edward came back out. The sorrowful looking group stood up anxious about the news. Dr. Edward took Uncle Jesse aside.

"Sir, the surgery was successful, but the lasaration is very serious. We cleaned it out to the best of our capability and are starting him on an antivirus serum that we hope will keep the bacteria at bay and the white and red cells balanced. We stiched him back up, but when we release him, and he jerks to fast, the stiches will brake and he will be in horrendous pain and the virus may spread. Now, he hasn't woken up yet so we can't tell if there is any other damage done as far as nervous and blood stream goes. He does have a shattered right hand, and three bruised ribs, but so far that is all we can tell."

Jesse gulped and ran a hand through his graying hair. "When will we know if anything else has happened to Luke?"

"Within a few minutes after he wakes up." The doctor said, placing a hand on Uncle Jesse's shoulder and nodding. "I'll pop in on Luke every half hour and a nurse will be on hand. If you want to go see him, go on in."

Cue: either one of y'all

Dusty looked at Uncle Jesse and made a decsion. "Uncle Jesse, you can go first. You need to see Luke more than the rest of us. We can wait but you go and see him. And say hey from all of us here." Dusty said with a small smile that she could manage us leaned back against Cordell and her sister.

Julie looked at Jude Emery and she says "God Bless the Fireman, Paramedics, Police and especially the Service Men. Some days they don't know if they are coming home somedays when they go out on a call. You hear about many of them killed in the line of duty. I wouldn't have the guts to go up a big ladder or in the middle of Inferno after somebody left behind."

Uncle Jesse says "Julie that is so true where would we be without the minuteman of the revolutionary war. Why we would still be under British Rule and somebody stood up to them and said enough is enough. And especially the serviceman they still have that spirit to them. They don't ask when they get called could I killed, they turn anything down because it do dangerous. And I think Dusty was thinking the very same thing when she ran into that fire trying to get Luke out."

Julie says "Sis, I guess sometimes we don't appreciate something until we almost lose something but you know there is just somethings that half to be said. I would've done the very samething if you hadn't done that right there and you know I think any of us sitting her would've done it as well. And Luke how Judd is overthere he looks like he alreadry lost his brother and Bo has that very same look as well."

Uncle Jesse says "Bo and Judd everything will workout just okay with Luke and don't worry about it God is looking over everything going right now and the docters know what they are doing."

Julie says "Uncle Jesse that was the most beautiful thing you have ever said to us, and you know what has anybody said a prayer for Luke yet."

Uncle Jesse says "Well, I'm going to see how Luke is doing and he is going just fine and pretty soon he'll be teasing all of you hear. Just keep that in mind no matter what happens.

But on the inside of that brave exterior he was really worried for Luke, but he wanted to stay strong for his family he never seen Luke so helpless in his life. But he was stubborn as mule and he knew that this wasn't going to be that last time they would see Luke.

Cue Kitty or Dusty Rose Duke or

Anybody.

P.S. Hey Kitty, I hope I didn't have anybody crying too much with my small tribute to September 11, 2001 and the people who died.

Dusty looked at her sister. "Well Julie, I don't feel very brave. I think did blame muled thing because I was stubborn and didn't want to see my cousin die. I never made it to Luke, I got myself knocked out." Dusty said as she kicked the ground.

P.S: Julie thanks fro getting me crying lol

Jude held up his hands. "Now hold it. Why would any one want to hurt Dusty and Luke?" Jude asked.

"Because Acorn, Dusty as enemy's and thet could have followed us all the way from Texas." Jimmy Trivette said as he slapped Jude up side of the head which earned him a death glare.

"Now gentlemens, before we start world war three or have any blood shed, maybe now just maybe ol' Jimmy here as a point." Dusty said as she looked at Jimmy. He in turn gave Jude a smug look. "But I'm not thinking Texas, I'm thinking here." Dusty said with a nod.

"And can think of one person who would do somethin-" Dusty stopped and looked down they hall towards Luke's room and saw a man that looked like a henchmen. "Julie isn't that one of Hughie Hogg's hentchmen, hmm..Norris I believe." Dusty asked her sister franitcly.

Cue Julieduke

"I don't know lil sis, but I'm going to find out." Dusty said with an angry growl.

She walked towards Luke's room slowly, close enough so that Norris could hear her. "HEY!" Dusty yelled causing Norris to jump and spin around to look at Dusty dead in the eye. The look of Norris, you could tell that he was in the fire.

With an growl Norris picked up a trash bin and gave it a throw and hit Dusty. She staggerd and took off after Norris with Jimmy, Cordell, Julie, Jude, Bo, and Judd all following her.

Cue Julieduke

Uncle Jesse didn't know what happen he had heard alot noise outside of Luke's room and then he saw Norris, followed Dusty,Jimmy,Cordell, Jude, Bo and Judd and he was wandering what in the world was going on right now.

Julie says "Hey, this guy is running too fast and besides it would easier if we split up this is a big hospital after alll what does everybody think about that right there."

When Julie see the looks on the face she knew it was quite okay.

cue Dusty Rose Duke or Kitty

"Julie's right we'll get no where. We split up. Jimmy go with Bo and Judd. Julie stay here with me Cordell and Jude." Dusty said as looked at the nodds from her sister and Jimmy. Dusty watched Jimmy, Bo, and Judd took off down the left corridor.

Dusty looked at her sister. "Julie I want you to stay as close to Jude as possible there is no tellin if Norris as a gun. And Jude, partner or no, you watch where you put your hands. Julie is still my baby sister." Dusty said as she gave him a protective galre that ment business.

Cue Julieduke