General Lee's used on the show, now crashed, & sittin wh

TXZ045

As many of those cars that got jumped and wrecked, surely, surely, some how, some of them have survived, and not been fixed, and some guy somewhere, has a wrecked one on his property somewhere, he tells a story like "this one was used in the jump in episode blah blah...."

Surely, theres a guy like that somewhere, who has as wrecked General Lee, just one of the many random Chargers, painted up like the General Lee, and then jumped, and then scrapped.

I assume, they used parts from some of them, and many were sold to junk yards and or whatever the case may have been....... but, surely, some have survived and are just sitting around somewhere, wrecked still from the jumps?

Maybe even, somebody who owns a few or more General Lee's formerly jumped in certain random episodes through out the course of the shows run on TV.

Who got those cars, once they were officialy done with ,like, they were hauled off and stored away somewhere, all wrecked, just put away while the show was still on the air actively, and these cars just sat around incase parts might have been needed off of them? Or they were just hauled off, and they didnt worry if they would need any of the parts later or not?

I just wonder, about these cars, and also, the patrol cars, same thing, surely, out of all of the ones wrecked, jumped, etc, some of them have to have survied the test of time, and have either long ago been fixed up, or are still sitting somewhere, actualy still wrecked from the jumps they made with them.......... somebody please bust out with some info on this.

txz045

• 1 year later...

Only 22 cars officially remain of the approx 300 give or take(Cooter says 309) that were used on the TV series.I don't count the ones used for the 05 Movie or the Beginning they aren't true Generals in my opinion. WB cut the roofs off any to be sent to the crusher at least from about season 3 on. There are rumors of some being stolen from WB back in the day off the set or on their way to the crusher or from the junkyard.Rumors that's all.They re-used as many parts as possible. Anyone out there claiming they have a genuine General actually used on the TV series saying it slipped out under WB noses is either lying or they are in possession of stolen property.WB controlled these pretty closely. So if anyone out there says my nephews second cousin has a genuine General Lee from the TV series he found in Georgia or California supply me the VIN number and I know someone that could confirm if it is legit. http://www.dohgltruth.com/

Thanks for the replies.... no, I can't say I've run across anyone saying they have an original that slipped away from WB. Just was curious that maybe some of them are still out there.... untouched following the damages that happened after jumps. Thanks again for the replies.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I would imagine that they got as much use out of every car they could.To the point they wouldnt run or move anymore.Seeing as how they were mainly filming on Ranch land,the vehicles would have to be trucked out en mass once they died.You would think that WB would have stripped off what parts they could (doors,fenders,trunklid,hood,lightbar) and sold the rest to the junkman.Damaging them like cutting the GLs roof flag off and crushing the roof down would pretty much preclude anyone trying to fix them later on.I think after the previous builder (not WB) did some shady stuff,re selling crashed GLs back to WB,they made sure there was no way that they would be buying their own throwaways back.The WB/LA crew (Thrasher,Sarmento....) would probably know more on that subject,if anyone here knows how to contact them.

• 8 months later...

There's one authenticated Warner Brothers 'General' over on my side of the Pond'

It belongs to a museum up in the north-west of England, called 'The Cars Of The Stars', & is a 440 engined vehicle

The museum owner also has the 'Police Interceptor' from (the first) Mad Max film, & a large collection of James Bond vehicles

He also has 3 BatMobiles; an Adam West era car, a Micheal Keaton, the 'Forever' car (was that Clooney, or Kilmer?)

http://www.carsofthestars.com/

If it is a documented one, It almost can't be one of the 17 that Wayne originally rescued from WB back in 89.All those are under very strict contracts to prevent the owners from making huge profits by charging for pictures,charging admission to a show to see said vehicle.So that being said, IF it is one of those 17 the person owning it is breaking their contract by allowing the museum to charge admission to see it. There are a lot of so called AUTHENTIC ones that aren't beware of false advertising. Volo is claiming the Don Shishler car now being displayed at their museum is a "genuine" General also but it is NOT.True it did belong to Don who was the man in charge of the Lees while filming in Georgia and it was on the WB filming set as a parts car.However It became a General AFTER filming ended in Georgia as Don had it built for his son. It was NEVER used on screen so it is just a REPLICA but they are trying to pass it off as a REAL one.