How long do you become a fan of Bo/John's?

Mine's: I became a fan of John's that time I started watching him on "Dukes" when I was a baby like months old in '82 after I was born in March that year to I was 3 years old on that month - September of 1985 it ended and reruns on CBS, too at my old house where I grew up. That means 24 years.

How about you?

:D

I am currently 37 and I have been a DOH Fan and John Schneider fan since 1979 when I was 10 years old. My room was covered in all the pull out posters from Tiger Beat, 16, and the rest of those teeny-bobber magazines. Any picture of John, and the rest of the Duke cast, that I could get my hands on, was on my walls. I even had a scrap book that I pasted the articles from those magaizines into. Boy I wish I had that scrap book now.

I am an original fan, a 27 year fan.

I have been a fan of DOH and John Schneider my entire life almost. Ever since the Dukes first aired, back in '79, when I was 4yrs. old. Back then I liked Bo because I thought He was funny. Then when I got older, and became a teenager, I stilled like Bo/John because I thought he was funny and because I had a major crush on him. Present day, the Dukes is still my favorite show and I still love John. I still think Bo Duke is funny and cute. As for John himself, I think he is a good actor because I have seen him do a variety of things since the Dukes and I think he done them well. I also think he still looks good to this day. He is very fine.

I'm 17 and i've been a fan of John and Bo since I was 5 years old and used to watch the Dukes over here every night before I watched wrestling. My dad was the one who got me into it and now he wishes he hadn't cause I go round saying what he likes to call either Hazzardism's or Boism's.

So that means I have been a fan of DOH and Bo for...12 years and counting. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Me, only for about a year. I started out watching Dukes in the middle of 2005's summer. The first episodes I came into were Coy and Vance ones, and I wasn't too happy when they switched to a couple of new guys after that. Being completely new to the series I was like what the heck is going on. But then something rather fortunate happened. I caught the episode where Rosco runs off into Hazzard Lake, I liked Bo and Luke a little more after that because they cared so much about Rosco.

When I really fell for Bo and John was when I rented season four from a local video store and I went over the other edge. It started to be Coy and Vance I disliked even though I'd liked them in the beginning. So yeah! About a year.

I also managed to get my mom hooked...okay I admit she's not hooked yet but give me time! When she first watched it she wanted me to kill off the whole lot of them in one of my stories now she actually doesn't like it when I do (or it looks like I'm about to). I'll make a Dukes/Bo/John fan out of her yet!

~She-Wolf

As I only discovered Dukes at the beginning of this year, that's only how long I've been a John Fan. :oops:

It seems kinda pathetic compared you all you guys saying "I've been a fan of John's for *insert number* years..."

But I think he's beyond awesome, and can tell that I am going to be a fan for a very, VERY, long time (very very very etc)! :lol:

He's too loveable (is 18 (just) too young to be such a John fan? :-? )

As I only discovered Dukes at the beginning of this year, that's only how long I've been a John Fan. :oops:

It seems kinda pathetic compared you all you guys saying "I've been a fan of John's for *insert number* years..."

But I think he's beyond awesome, and can tell that I am going to be a fan for a very, VERY, long time (very very very etc)! :lol:

He's too loveable (is 18 (just) too young to be such a John fan? :-? )

*scratches head* Well uh...I'm 13, nearly 14.

~She-Wolf

Oh that's all good then! I was beginning to think that I was weirder than I thought I was!

Especially when I'd think 'Oh my god, he's not even a year younger than my mother' and then I'd think 'Like I care.' :lol:

Weirdness? Bring it on!

Everybody's weird

except for the normal people

but the normal people are the really weird people

because they're not weird like everybody else!

Yeah, my best friend and I were talking about him and suddenly her father goes,

"He's old enought to be your grandfather!"

To which my best friend, her little sister (about the same age as you she-wolf) and I replied

"SO?" :lol: 8)

Then we reprimanded him that John was NOT that old, and was younger than him! :roll:

Anyway, I think this is starting to veer off-topic! :lol:

• 1 month later...
I actually didn't know about it prior to it's airing on cmt. I actually didn't like it at first

Hey, me too! Well, not about the CMT bit, but about not liking it at first.

More like: I refused to like it at first. You see, I was introduced to The Dukes of Hazzard after the movie had come out.

I haven't seen the movie, don't actually want to see the movie.

And more over, there was :evil: Jessica Simpson :evil: :

a) trying to look hot while cleaning a car and just lookin' stupid and

B) killing one of my favourite "old" songs from when my mum listens to "Solid Gold" radio. (Boots)

So when I saw my best friend watching her Season 1 and 2 DVDs, I (of course) associated it with that movie, and tried not to watch it.

Pffft, fat lot of good that did, I'm now a bigger fan than she is! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't know exactly when I saw Hazzard for the first time, I think middle of 80's: my parents watched it.

But the serie is not one of the most popular here in Italy, and the last replies are about of 15 years ago, I think. So, I didn't "follow" Bo/John for a lot of time, up to this summer when for a misterious reason, Hazzard came in my mind and I looked for all the Dvd's.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a fan of Bo and John ever since I saw the very first episode on CMT. My dad was watching it and I happended to be walking past the television and I have been hooked evers since! He used to be a fan back when it first aired in 1979 (he would of been 14, my age) His family all used to think he looked like John and I agree. I think John has more hair than my dad though!LOL!

• 15 years later...