DEFENDING THE DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!!!!

dukefan

I had posted in kats bloopers and it made me think of doing this.

I WOULD LIKE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT BLOOPERS IN THE SERIES OF YOUR CHOICE.

I WANT TO SEE HOW WELL I DEFEND WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU THINK OF MY DEFENSE.

IT WILL REFRESH OUR MEMORIES OF THE SERIES,PLUS IT WILL KEEP THIS SITE GOING EVEN MORE. I'LL DO WHATEVER TO KEEP THIS SITE AND THE DUKES ALIVE!!!!

ANYONE GAME,UP FOR THE CHALLENGE OF BLOOPER DEFENSE...LOL

BY THE WAY, WHOEVER BRINGS IN A BLOOPER PEEVE,EVERYBODY IS WELCOME TO DEFEND THEIR CASE AGAINST THE BLOOPER BROUGHT IN.

OF COURSE THIS IS FOR FUN,AND MEMORIES OF OUR BELOVED DUKES.

Hmmm......awrighty, if yer lookin' to explain/defend bloopers and continuity errors try this one... :wink:

Why would Daisy say in the episode "Daisy's Shotgun Wedding" that she'd been working at the Boar's Nest for five years and could handle herself. (This is during the scene when she smashes the beer pitcher over Milo's head)....yet in the episode "Happy Birthday, General Lee" (which aired after DSW) we learn that Daisy started working at the Boar's Nest at the time the boys got the General which would've been 8 years previous.

Keeping in mind that both episodes aired in the same season and the same year (1984), she either started working in 1979 (obviously when the show started) or 1976 when the boys got the car.

Wanna explain that one?? :D

I can't explain the blooper in (DSW) shoot lol I never have gotten the math all figured out to come up with the right years of when the boys got the General Lee. Don't they say in One Armed Bandits that the boys got put on probation the year before? Well if that's true and that would have been '78 how come in Happy B'day General Lee the Balledeer says that the boys was even on probation back then? Explain that if you can I'd really like to know.

Brandy

I can't explain the blooper in (DSW) shoot lol I never have gotten the math all figured out to come up with the right years of when the boys got the General Lee. Don't they say in One Armed Bandits that the boys got put on probation the year before? Well if that's true and that would have been '78 how come in Happy B'day General Lee the Balledeer says that the boys was even on probation back then? Explain that if you can I'd really like to know.

Brandy

Brandy's question made me think of one of my own. In several episodes I have heard it mentioned that Bo and Luke were on probation for 2 years. The show ran from '79 to '85 which is 6 years. How come they were still on probation in the last season?

Just curious do you remember the names of specific episodes where you have heard they were on probation for only 2 years? I've never heard this but maybe I missed something.

Brandy

I had thought that I heard it mentioned a lot in the first season episodes. However, I got my DVDs out and scanned through them to find it. I could not find it. What I did find were several times where either Boss or Rosco mentioned that they could get the Duke boys probation revoked for one reason or another and have them locked up for 2 years. So I'm thinking that I may have been confused in my memory there. My mistake. Sorry about that ya all.

I'm gonna take a stab at that two year thing. I never heard that they were to be on probation for only two years. (If anybody can cite a specific episode, let me know and I'll watch again).

However, if y'all go back and watch the episode Mary Kaye's Baby, when Rosco's snooping around the farm and hears Jesse and Daisy talking (knowing he's outside) making it sound like Bo and Luke are in the house too....he goes busting in. Only to find they're not there. Daisy then says that she and Jesse were reminising about when the boys got caught running shine and put on probation "two years ago."

Now....given that particular episode woulda been filmed in late 1978....I take the two years to mean '76. Which manages to fit with the backstory of when the boys got General Lee.

It's a given that for a show that ran that long and had several different writers that some details, dates, whatnot won't add up. But it's fun to try to make it all work. LOL

Your theory seems to work great Maryanne BUT (yeah I'm throwin in a monkey wrench) doesn't waylon say in one armed bandits just before Uncle Jesse finds the slot machines that the boys got put on probation the year before? So that would have meant that ep was in 77 which we know it wasnt or that the boys were put on probation in 77. I say this because whenever a recent year was given for some reason if it was said as happening the year before then the date said was indeed the year before or the current year was given for that year's occurances. I could be wrong I don't have my DVD's handy to check myself so correct me if I'm wrong about the whole date thing.

Brandy

The way I see it the only one who really knows how the history should have went would be the creator of the show (his name escapes me right now). So that means since we don't know his take that the rest of us can figure it out and come up with a conclusion that makes US happy.

Brandy

His name is Gy Waldron

No you're right, Waylon does say in OAB that the boys got caught "last year" on a whiskey run. So yeah I'd take that to be '77 too.

Then again (haha!), wasn't the Dukes of Hazzard debuted in 79? And wouldn't the creators have known that would be when it would screen and take it into account?

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud... uh.... out loud on screen, that is!

Did you ever notice how Warner Bros would use the same car if it wasn't to damaged a second time just repaint the car. I also noticed this in Smallville as well you know the second season of the show there is this 80's Camero that Pete is driving in the one where Jonathan gets accused of shooting Lionel Luther and then they have a seen where it looks like the stuntmen from the Dukes did it. You know the Camero jump season that everybody calls cheesy, but I think it personally kind of cool when it jumps. But then you cry when they shoot that bullet in to the tailpipe of the car and it blows up but Clark gets Pete out just in time. But there is a blooper in that scene , you actually see the roll cage as Clark and Pete are getting out of it. And there is another episode where Chloe and Pete get under the influence of Red Krynonite and they take Pete's Red Camero and try to jump the gorge.

I do recall the '2 year probation' synario, but I'd have to work out which episode it's from, however, if you watch the entire season, Boss Hogg is ALWAYS trying set the boys up to break their probation, which means the boys were always on probation! My bloopers come from the scenes themselves, not dialogue....One particular episode rings to mind: Mary Kaye's Baby: one minute Luke is driving, the next scene Bo is and then it's back to Luke, but the car hasn't stopped! And look at the cover of Season 6! There's a black flag and no 'General Lee' written on it! Bloopers before the dvd is even released! It's all good fun though, like you said..............LONG LIVE 'THE DUKES OF HAZZARD'! :evil:

Ok got one for you. It's a Coy and Vance ep. 'Revenge of Hugie Hogg' The boys and Hugie's henchmen mix it up and they get all covered in gunk. They go to their respective cars all full of the gunk, both parties, but when the camera cuts to the chase scene they're cleaner then when they started the show.

Not that I'm picking, its just you said you can rationalize just bout anything, that I would love to see.

OOOPs, I am way behind.....lol! I'll start with marry anne!

Why would Daisy say in the episode "Daisy's Shotgun Wedding" that she'd been working at the Boar's Nest for five years and could handle herself. (This is during the scene when she smashes the beer pitcher over Milo's head)....yet in the episode "Happy Birthday, General Lee" (which aired after DSW) we learn that Daisy started working at the Boar's Nest at the time the boys got the General which would've been 8 years previous.

The timing of the shows may have been out of wack, but if you remember in "Happy Birthday General Lee", Uncle jessie was gona ask J.D. for a loan for the boys.

J.D. was being unreasonable untill Daisy offered to work at the boars nest, if he agreed to jessie's deal.

In Happy b-day general, it was 8 years they had him, so her saying she can defend herself due to her 5 years working there only proves they showed the wrong episode in the wrong order????