Danny Devito for Boss Hogg

ndog62000

• 2 months later...

I've never heard of the two actors that are signed on to play Bo and Luke. Of course, I have heard and seen Jessica Simpson countless times on TV with her husband.

I think Danny would have made a great Boss Hogg. Burt would have made a good Roscoe, while Chevy would have made a good Enos. Burt will be fine for Boss as is Willie Nelson for Jesse. Both Kenny Rogers and Charlie Daniels would have been prime candidates for Jesse. Travis Tritt or Tim McGraw would make a good Cooter.

Jesse Duke - Robert Duvall or Donald Sutherland

* Both are great actors and can be very stern like Denver Pyle.

Boss Hogg - Danny DeVito

* A logical choice, maybe that's why he wasn't cast. Also, a good actor.

Rosco Coltrane - Burt Reynolds, possibly Robin Williams

* Burt will probably do a great job as Boss Hogg, but I think the character of Rosco would have suited him better. Robin probably could have nailed all of James Best's "Rosco-isms" as well.

Bo Duke - Paul Walker

* Walker is a car guy. He also can handle a car pretty well. He also looks the part of Bo Duke.

Luke Duke - Matthew McCougnahey

* Is there any actor any cooler than McCougnahey? Luke Duke was a cool character and I feel that McCounahey, with his good 'ol boy attitude would have been a perfect choice as Luke. Also, he's a little older than Paul Walker.

Daisy Duke - Jessica Biel

* First and foremost, Biel is an actress. It also doesn't hurt that she's a brunette and is very shapely. I think she would have made a great Daisy Duke.

Cooter Davenport - Travis Tritt / Larry the Cable Guy

* Depending on just how that role Cooter is written, either one of these two guys would have been decent choices, although Tritt looks more the part of Cooter.

Enos Strate - Luke Wilson

* I think Wilson would have been a choice to portray good-hearted deputy Enos Strate. I think that he would have brought a lot of what Sonny Shroyer did to that character.

Cletus Hogg - Kevin James ("King of Queens")

* James would have been a great Cletus. He's a funny guy and round like any member of the Hogg family should be.

Aside from casting unknowns as the Dukes (which I think would have worked), this was my original casting choices for the new movie.

GADuke01

• 3 weeks later...

I would have picked

-Bo Duke=Paul Walker or Deirks Berkley(Both blond and Curly hair)last choice Owen Wilson

-Luke Duke= Luke Wilson.

The good thing about the Wilson brothers they would not have to act close and like kin folk. They are Really Kin.

-Uncle Jesse=Charlie Daniels

-Boss Hogg= Danny Divito ,

-Rosco Coltrain= Burt Renolds

-Daisy= Julie Roberts

There are many choices people would choice and the way to make a movie about a tv show is hard. But i think it needs to be as close as possible

• 3 weeks later...

Although I'm against this movie ever taking shape,i have to agree with y'all about who should be the cast of the dukes!

Danny would be a great boss hogg and i would rather have reynolds as rosco,remember cannon ball run,burt and james best were acting as friends in that show,so it would be very fitting if Reynolds took the part or rosco,don't you????

Travis tritt would be o.k. as cooter,at least he would fit well! As for the rest,your choices are good, if they put actors who have "the right chemistry" together,then maybe this movie just might have a chance!

At least it would be a cast people know who they are,really know them,but I would still be bias,'cause to me it's a waste of time to make this movie!

viper,I love your choices for who should be the cast of the new dukes,charlie daniels would make a great jessie duke,and that would be more acceptable!