A few questions from a newbie.

Hello folks,

First off let me introduce my self. My screenname is Good_News_Good_News......but it's pronounced.....

Gooooooooood kneeeews......Goooooooood Kneeeeeeeeeews!

I'm a fly fishing guide here in east TN that was 7 when the Dukes originaly hit the air. I never missed an episode when I was a kid, and I've watched them every time thery've hit the air over the years. First reruns I remember airing were on WGN out of Chicago. Then TNT/Spike, and now CMT. These days, when I'm not on the water fishing or taking clients fishing, myself and my son of 10months love watching the Dukes.

As you can probably tell, Roscoe is probably my favorite character. He and Boss Hogg were so funny, and if you ask me.....they were very talented actors (James and Sorrell that is). I also loved our heros with Bo being the favorite of course, and Daisy always on my mind. However, the laughs I get from Roscoe and his scenes with Boss......They just always tickle me.

Like a scene with Bo and Luke dashing out of the courthouse making and escape, Bo goes flying over the hood of the general like a New York Yankee into second base, his slide so smooth, and he and Luke are off.

Out of the courthouse comes Roscoe yelling "FFFFFRRREEEEEEEEEZZZE! He takes to the air to make his killer hood slide manuever, only to catch his foot on the fender.....and he goes flying over the hood head first an into the road and oncoming traffic! ROTFLMAO

Man they are funny. However, James and Sorrell both actually brought tears to my eyes in several episodes, showing the loving hearts of both characters. When Roscoe had to tell Jesse that the boys had drown. Now that was sad and you could really feel the pain in Roscoes heart.

Well blah blah blah, this is probably boring you all to death. Let me get on with my questions.

1. How many episodes did James Best not act in, and who played the replacement? I've seen a few and each of them have had different "guest" sherriff.

2. How many episodes was Huey Hogg in, and we're they in several close seasons or spaced out over the entire run?

3. Overall, how many episodes did Coy and Vance appear, and did they ever appear in any episodes with Bo and Luke ?

4. How many shows did Cooter sit out, due to contract blah blah?

5. Noteable guest appearance happend often with the celebrity speed trap, but how many other notable actors appeared as henchmen characters. I noticed Robert Stack in an episode, also Richard Mull (Bull from nightcourt) was a reacurring character as one of the Baudry's.

I suppose that's enough for now. Gueeet Gueeet Gueeet......and I'm out!

Well I can't answer all of your questions, but there are quite a few of us here, so 'tween us all your questions should be all answered.

How many episodes did James Best not act in, and who played the replacement? I've seen a few and each of them have had different "guest" sherriff. I don't know how many episodes it was, but the time was considered "sheriff of the week." There was I think one sheriff of the week who was on for more than one show.

Overall, how many episodes did Coy and Vance appear, and did they ever appear in any episodes with Bo and Luke ? I belive that they were in only 18 shows (the first episodes of season 5). The only episode that they were in with Bo and Luke was Welcome Back Bo and Luke, and just for the begining of the episode. That is also the only episode with all four Duke boys getting credits in the opening of the show.

Noteable guest appearance happend often with the celebrity speed trap, but how many other notable actors appeared as henchmen characters. I noticed Robert Stack in an episode, also Richard Mull (Bull from nightcourt) was a reacurring character as one of the Baudry's. Wasn't Gerald MacCreany, (From Simon and Simon and Major Dad) in one of the episodes as a bad guy?

Well as you can see I have reached the end of my answerin' abilities.

Howdy there Good kneeeeews! LOL

Lessee if I can answer any of these......

How many episodes did James Best not act in, and who played the replacement? I've seen a few and each of them have had different "guest" sherriff.

Well, we had Sheriff Grady Byrd (Dick Sargent) for two episodes, Sheriff Buster Moon (James Hampton) for one episode, Huey substituted for one episode and Sheriff Lester Crabtree (Clifton James) for yet another episode. So that's....five...and then I think there's one more that Rosco was missing from but I don't think it was due to any contract dispute. I can't remember the episode but it's one with Cletus and he had to put up with Emery Potter and Wilbur Somethingorother as deputies. ROFL.

How many episodes was Huey Hogg in, and we're they in several close seasons or spaced out over the entire run?

I think it spans at least a couple of seasons. Off the top of my head I can think of "Uncle Boss" "Hughie Hogg Strikes Again" "Arrest Jesse Duke" (which is the Rosco-replacement episode noted above) "The Return of Hughie Hogg" and "When You Wish Upon a Hogg." Oh! There's a Coy and Vance episode too....of which the title escapes me but Rosco's running for re-election and Boss drops his support for Rosco and backs Hughie because Hughie is blackmailing Boss.

How many shows did Cooter sit out, due to contract blah blah?

Ahh...again I'm going off memory here but I think it's about three maybe four. I know LB Davenport was on twice, "The Runaway" and "Duke of Duke." Then there was BB Davenport in "Grannie Annie" I almost think there's one more episode but I could be wrong.

Noteable guest appearance happend often with the celebrity speed trap, but how many other notable actors appeared as henchmen characters. I noticed Robert Stack in an episode, also Richard Mull (Bull from nightcourt) was a reacurring character as one of the Baudry's.

Robert Stack?! What episode? LOL

Tim O'Connor, Robert Alda, Morgan Woodward (twice...Cacious Clayburn...what we have here is a failure to demonstrate... ROFL)

Arte Johnson as one of the Laurel and Hardy bank robbers. (Best known from Laugh-In "Verrrrrrrry interwesting.....but stoopid!")

That's all I can think of off hand. LOL

Hope this helps!

Thx for the replies folks.

The episode Robert Stack was in will have to be described for you as I have no clue on the name.

IF I'm not mistaken,

Two bad dudes (stack included) are after a young lady.....who apparently is on the run from her wealthy father (henchmens employer). Turns out she want to marry a local yocal Hazzard farm boy and her father is not having it. For some reason it also seems that this was the episode where Daisy's car dove off the cliff. The wealthy father then gave Daisy Dixie as a gift at the wedding......which in the end he showed up to after seeing his ways were wrong.

Man....oh how the memory fades over time.

thx for the replies and answers everybody.

I just spotted another guest who later appeared as a regular on a TV series.

The guy that played the principal on Saved By the Bell appears as a henchmen in the first episode of "Undercover Dukes".

Not very famous or anything.....just someone who I knew I'd seen somewhere before.