What are yall's top 5 favorite movies

BH03

Hmmm... Lets see how far I get. I'll be going over 5 too.. hee hee

The Italian Job (The one with Jason Stathem as Handsome Rob! :D)

Any Jason Stathem movie really, but mostly The Italian Job & Transporter 3

Burn After Reading (Anyone else think this movie is the funniest movie that ever there was or am I the only one that likes it?)

Smokey & The Bandit 1&2

Flicka

Catch Me If You Can

Pirates of The Caribbean, all 3

Any John Wayne Movie

Pretty much any western movie...

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly! (Funniest movie ever!)

The Hangover

The Ghostbusters Movies

Maverick

and last but not least, the '05 Dukes Movie *Takes cover from flying objects* I actually thought it was a decent movie! Ya gotta admit, the bar fight scene pretty funny! *Takes off running before the townfolk can gather their torches and pitchforks.* :escape:

• 8 months later...

Just 5? That's tough...

The 7 Samurai

Mummy Series

Spiderman Series (1-3)

Star Wars 4-6

all Alien Movies but especially 1+2

Johnny Guitar

Silent Hill

Resident Evil Series plus Degeneration

Final Fantasy

A Knights Tale

SAW 1

Versus

The Hills Have Eyes

11:14

Lucky Number Slevin

30 Days of Night

Shoot em Up

Smokin Aces

Braveheart

Superman Series

etc. pp.

and an Audie Murphy movie I forgot the title of and never found it again.

Sorry, I wasn't able to do a Top Five. XD If you would have asked which movies I have watched the most are the Spidey movies 1+2, the Mummy 1, Versus and Superman Returns... I can watch them again and again and again and again without getting bored.

If you would have asked about the movie which shocked me the most, I would have said The Hills Have Eyes.

And if you would have asked which movie I would consider the best in a classical way I would have said The 7 Samurai, I guess.

• 3 years later...

Movies, thats quite a hard one. But I think its something like this.

1. Delirious (A movie with John Candy, also partly recorded on the ranches and sets from Dukes)

2. The Hangover (Just really funny, and there is something about the lights of Vegas which I really like)

3. Fast 5

4. The Fast and the Furious

5. Flodder 3 (That's one of Hollands most Favorite TV-show which was based on two movies first, during the show came the third. It's about an asocial family being put in a rich neighborhood by the municipality.

That is if I don't count Dukes.

Most other movies I like are stuff like Vanishing Point, Gone in 60 Seconds, Talladega Nights and death Race. Basically movies with cars from between 1978 and now.

Edited by Roth Potter

Star Trek II Wrath of Khan (the ORIGINAL not the new ripoff not even worthy of mentioning in the same sentence)

Smokey & The Bandit

Back To The Future part 2

The Simpsons Movie

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Honorable mentions:

Uncle Buck

Home Alone

What About Bob

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country

Star Trek First Contact

Edited by Spike

• 4 years later...
On 10/23/2010 at 6:41 PM, HossC said:

And at Christmas:

Miracle on 34th Street (1947 B/W version)

I just went back to see what my choices were nearly nine years ago, and I'll stand by them. I don't think I've been to the cinema since not long after that post, and I don't watch many new movies. Regarding my Christmas choice above, even though I have no problem watching B/W films, I've now managed to get hold of a colorized version of the 1947 movie, and just this month I also picked up a colorized version of "It's a Wonderful Life", which is also on my Christmas favorites list now. I lent the original version of "Miracle on 34th Street" to a younger colleague last Christmas, and she was initially very unsure about watching a B/W movie, but admitted that she'd enjoyed it when she gave it back.

As a side note, British TV, and in particular the BBC (there was only one other channel at the time), used to regularly broadcast old B/W shows during school holidays well into the early-80s. That meant that we got treated to shows like "Whirlybirds" and "The Adventures of Champion" (AKA. "Champion the Wonder Horse" in the UK), as well as even older stuff like Laurel & Hardy and Harold Lloyd. Nowadays, classic B/W movies still get shown, but B/W TV shows are much rarer and generally limited to perennial favorites like the early seasons of "Dad's Army".

Thanks JHDuke. I love it when these old threads get revived. I flipped through the 2 pages and seeing the old HN members names brought back old warm memories. Since I answered 9 years ago I have become a Lord of the Rings fan and love all 6 movies. I even ended up reading the 4 books. 

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Thanks JHDuke. I love it when these old threads get revived. I flipped through the 2 pages and seeing the old HN members names brought back old warm memories. Since I answered 9 years ago I have become a Lord of the Rings fan and love all 6 movies. I even ended up reading the 4 books. 

No problem! :), Lord Of The Rings is good, or so I've been told, I hope you enjoyed it

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I've seen all six movies and there wasn't a single scene where a car jumped anything. Despite that flaw they are pretty good. 

Actually when I was young I did used to actually take points off a movie if it didn't have a car chase! :lol:, might go and watch the Lord Of The Rings films...

• 3 weeks later...

Lets see top 5 favorite movies oh boy there are so many that I like I'll just go over five *slaps forehead thinking* :duh:

1. The original Dukes of Hazzard movie
  2. All the muppet movies
  3. Rocky
  4. The outsiders
  5. any western with John Wayne in it
  6. Smokey and the Bandit all 3
  7. Cannonball Run 1&2

There you have it folks my top 7 favorite movies :) 

On 8/1/2019 at 2:49 AM, JHDuke said:

Actually when I was young I did used to actually take points off a movie if it didn't have a car chase! :lol:, might go and watch the Lord Of The Rings films...

There are a few chases though so it's not all bad. It would have been a little better if Gandalf had a Dodge Charger instead of a white horse. 

• 1 year later...

1. Moonrunners(1975)

2. Rescue From Gilligan's Island(1978)

3. The Castaways On Gilligan's Island(1979)

4. The Harlem Globetrotters On Gilligan's Island(1981)

5. Eddie Macon's Run(1983)

6. Christine(1983)

7. The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion(1997)

8. The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood(2000)

9. The Dukes of Hazzard(2005 PG-13 & Unrated)

10. The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning(2007 TV-14 & Unrated)

On 8/20/2019 at 10:50 AM, Crazycountrygirl1996 said:

Lets see top 5 favorite movies oh boy there are so many that I like I'll just go over five *slaps forehead thinking* :duh:

1. The original Dukes of Hazzard movie
  2. All the muppet movies
  3. Rocky
  4. The outsiders
  5. any western with John Wayne in it
  6. Smokey and the Bandit all 3
  7. Cannonball Run 1&2

There you have it folks my top 7 favorite movies :) 

Cousin crazycountrygirl1996... Do you mean Moonrunners(1975) that led to the creation of the series 1979-1985 or do you mean the Hazzard Reunion movies 1997 & 2000?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...