Did I miss something?

RebellWolfUT

I wanted to know if I missed something. In all but a very few episodes of our treasured Dukes, sweet Daisy always wore nylon hose. Okay they did not have to do much to enhance her legs since they were as near perfect as any set of stage legs I have ever seen. However I have noticed that women today both on TV or in the movies few wear nylon stockings or hose on their legs. Can anyone tell me why? This is a serious Hazzard County research project,

Try this apple...

The only reason....the ONLY reason Daisy wore nylons at all was because the censors at CBS at the time didn't want her running around on TV in those short shorts with NO other undergarments on (the problem wasn't her legs, it was the length of the shorts and the possible exposure of certain parts of the anatomy). The execs at CBS wanted her to wear tights or something, the response from the wardrobe folks on the Dukes was to have Daisy wear the sheerest pair of nylons possible.

Frankly, the reason girls nowadays don't wear the hose is because it's not considered sexy enough. It's not daring enough. It's not as risque as it once was. In comparison Daisy's wardrobe is darn conservative compared to what the likes of Jessica Simpson wears now.