1 Thing I learned from Dukes Of Hazzard

georgiagal1

I found this some where else and thought it was cute...

1 THING I LEARNED FROM THE DUKES OF HAZZARD

Welding the doors of your car shut increases your coolness.

You can't sit there and tell me that you didn't think the way Bo and Luke got in and out of the General Lee wasn't cool. Opening and closing the door like a normal person just wasn't good enough for these guys... they had to weld the doors shut and keep the windows rolled down to get in and out. The conventional way just takes too long! Bo and Luke were masters of the art of getting into a car through the window. Once these guys started doing it, soon everybody was foregoing the time-consuming steps of actually opening the door, getting in, and then closing the door. Instead, they'd leave the windows wide open at all times, just so that they could pretend like they even had an ounce of the coolness that Tom Wopat had.

What would happen in real life : You'd weld the doors shut but forget to open the windows before you did so, effectively locking your ass out of the car and requiring you to bust a window before you could actually get in. You'd also forget to take weather into consideration. You'd think you're pretty cool by leaving the windows open all the time, but once that first thunderstorm hits and your seat is soaked, you won't be looking that cool walking around with a huge wet spot on your ass the next day. Finally, you'll have difficulty mastering the art of getting in and out gracefully. Bo and Luke could do it lickety split.... you, on the other hand, will be banging your head repeatedly on the car frame and cussing loudly each time you do so. Oh, the price you pay to try and look cool. SS

Oh that was just too good. I agree with you, that thier using the windows was really cool. I mean who else has attempted that level of coolness other than NASCAR drivers? NO ONE, because they all know that they just can't pull it off!

In real life your car would be a 1988 Chevey Corsica, and people who see you climbing in and out of your windows don't look at you as if your cool, but the other end of the spectrum. They would pitty you as a poor geek who has broken car doors and just can't afford to get them fixed! Well that's what they would problerly think of me!

It was fun to watch Bo and Luke go in the opposite windows for them. They just weren't as smooth.

'69 Charger with welded doors = coolness especially if your Bo and Luke

Kelly Ripa did the same trick when the one show last year of "Live with Regis and Kelly" when he wouldn't let her into a brand new Caddy and then when she got out she nearly fell out if wasn't for Regis's help. Now she needed some help from Bo and Luke on how to get into a car through a window gracefully. And on one episode of "My Wife and Kids" Junior does a perfect hood slide across Micheal's car and gets yelled out later about it. It seems in my opinon that the Dukes of Hazzerd as had more of a effect on Hollywood than the critics would ever imagined and for another example their is Three movies with either mentioned in or shown the dukes. And those movies would be "Gone In 60 Seconds 1999), 2 Fast 2 Furious and Torques. Sometime watch or borrow or rent Torque and watch for the kid wearing the Dukes t-shirt before the credits start on it. My dad likes this movie as well and I like the movie as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

the doors are welded shut on my car and i found it is not hard to slide in and out in a very short skirt. that lady is such a lier. it really hurts when you try to slide out and you tear your leg open on the little lock clicker thing. that just burns like hell. i was really pissed when i found out that it left a huge pink scar you could only see once i got tan. there was also one hell of a hole in those jeans that it happened in and when i lifted up my skirt to show my boyfriend he just laughed. the only reason i didn't break up with him is because he's really sweet and he looks just like bo duke.

• 2 weeks later...
Kelly Ripa did the same trick when the one show last year of "Live with Regis and Kelly" when he wouldn't let her into a brand new Caddy and then when she got out she nearly fell out if wasn't for Regis's help. Now she needed some help from Bo and Luke on how to get into a car through a window gracefully. And on one episode of "My Wife and Kids" Junior does a perfect hood slide across Micheal's car and gets yelled out later about it. It seems in my opinon that the Dukes of Hazzerd as had more of a effect on Hollywood than the critics would ever imagined and for another example their is Three movies with either mentioned in or shown the dukes. And those movies would be "Gone In 60 Seconds 1999), 2 Fast 2 Furious and Torques. Sometime watch or borrow or rent Torque and watch for the kid wearing the Dukes t-shirt before the credits start on it. My dad likes this movie as well and I like the movie as well.

I got another movie!!! Mars Attacks I think it was called. The aliens watch the Dukes, lol. You see the General jumping over something.

Another thing, was Family Guy. There was this awesome episode that was sorta Dukes. It had Peter and the dog (Brian, is that his name?) painting their stationwagon like the General. THIS is where the whole "Problem with the going in and out" thing comes in. Peter jumped in through the window, and told Brian to try it, and then right before Brian smashes into the window, Peter says "I forgot to roll down your window"

But your right. It looks cool on the show, but try it in real life.... your a complete and total loser.