Our local fuzz

Jamanda

Howdy ya'll,

We just read in our local newspaper that the Sheriff's dept. of our small town is gettin' whole new ve-hi-cles! Seems they ran too many into the pond. Just kidding, actually the old ones have over 100 thousand miles on 'em. Musta had 'em a long time to get that many miles in a small town like this.

Anyhow, the interestin' part is what they're gettin'. Four new Crown Victorias and 2...hold on to your hat now...2006 DODGE CHARGERS! Dukes better stay outta our county boy! They'll give 'em a run for their money. The highway goes from 65 to 55 to 50 in less than a 1/4 mile coming into town, so watch out if you come visit.

As for the old cars, if they can't trade 'em in there's been some rumors about E-Bay. So if anyone wants an old smokey car to make over into Hazzard 1 and 2, keep an eye out. We'll keep you posted.

Over and gone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When Dodge introduced the new Chargers the article I read did mention that they were sold to police departments. The picture had one painted with police markings. Looked nice! Of course I immediately thought about DOH and the reaction Bo and Luke would have had if they saw Rosco barreling down behind them in a Charger. Better yet, Rosco's reaction when told about his new car being a Charger. LOL!

When Dodge introduced the new Chargers the article I read did mention that they were sold to police departments. The picture had one painted with police markings. Looked nice! Of course I immediately thought about DOH and the reaction Bo and Luke would have had if they saw Rosco barreling down behind them in a Charger. Better yet, Rosco's reaction when told about his new car being a Charger. LOL!

Just imagine a Mustang painted like a police car then?

Just imagine a Mustang painted like a police car then?

*Imagining* Niiice :)

I like Mustangs. Expensive gas guzzlers but they look so good.

I remember seeing on the news years ago that our provincial police got themselves a Corvette (maybe more, don't remember). They use it on the highways to accelerate really fast and catch the major speeders.

The local police bought a Volvo sedan a few years ago. Beautiful car too. I nicknamed the officer "Volvocop". LOL

Well when the Charger came out in 1969 and it was the Bad Boys car then! And the Charger vrs. Mustang got started when Bullit came out in Steve McQueen and he has the Mustang the guys after him and The Sinister Black Charger. I bet the movie help the sale of both vehciles as well.

• 2 years later...