Smallville stealing plots from Dukes

In the fifth season of Smallvile you can see it even more, for instance watch Mortal of Smallville and then watch Dukes In Danger same dang plot. And then watch exposed of Smallville and then watch Vance's Lady same dang plot line. Can't the writers of Smallville use their own ideas do they have take the Dukes plots. What's next are they going do one similare to the Dukes movie next.

Actually, a lot of tv shows steal plots from each other. Almost all tv shows have the "two people locked in a room together" episode among other kinds of basic plotlines that pop up in countless series...serieses...seriessss?/????...anyway. Dukes and Smallville are probably no different. I'm sure the "old girlfriend showing up" plotline is used all the time as are other things. Some plots are just so good and so flexible they can be used with any tv series.

There was a show...I think on VH1...that had 100 elements of a good sitcom or something like that and it had a lot of the basic plots that showed up in more than one show. It's not all that surprising. Even the best of shows steal from each other.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DanielPHorse

The WB's shows pretty much recycle plots from one show to another, it seems to me. And for awhile, my writing partner and I swore Smallville was stealing their ideas from our fanfic! (I know that sounds big-headed, but for a few episodes back in season three, a lot of their ideas were very similar to some stories we posted!) Coincidence?

I demand royals!!! :wink: