James Best's Other Works

I figured this would be the place to gush about James's other works. Has anyone seen The Andy Griffith Show? He was in two of those episodes and I watch them repeatedly. I don't know how to explain it. The man just gets to me. In a good way. Hooper, of course, as Cully. God, I can watch that movie and watch his scenes repeatedly and not get tired of him.

Yeah I know what you mean,

I love him in Hooper, and have seen him in acouple westerns, but he always gets killed. Like in Last of the Bad Men he is the young kid that hasn't really done anything wrong, but gets killed by the Marshall because he tries to tell him what the gang is doing and the Marshall is part of it. Then I just watched The Quick Gun where he is a Sheriff and in the end he goes out and tries to reason with the bad dudes but they tell him he is in the way and just kill him off. And in Shenandoah where he is the rebel soldier and he gets shot in the head and dies. Almost everything he is in exept The Dukes, Hooper and The Andy Grifith show he gets killed, and it sucks!!!!!

• 3 years later...