What make of Patrol car was Enos`s in High Octane

Bryan UK Hazzard Fan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As far as I can tell (at least) 2 cars were used:

- When they show Black Tillie the first time (Jesse driving it out of the bar at his farm), it has the 'formal' roof style (upper class Galaxie or LTD, square roof, frameless doors).

It is also seen when leaving the "Department of Environmental Protection"

- Later on, at the roadblock, it has the 'rounded' roof style and doors with metal frames. Like a base Galaxie or Custom. This is also the one seen at the end, when they run out of 'fuel' :-D

But with everything covered in black & dark green paint, I can't see what the actual model of both cars is...

I added 2 photos on the hazzardnet gallery:

http://www.hazzardnet.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1576

and

http://www.hazzardnet.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1575&cat=501

(these are not external links, but just an "in site" link to hazzardnet gallery; in line with link restriction guidelines)

One shows the Ford Custom (or base Galaxie), the other is the higher trim level Galaxie or LTD. I believe LTD had a red section in between the taillight, but since it's all painted over, it's hard to tell...

PS: Is is possible to link directly to an image from the gallery here? Showing the photo from the gallery here in the forum posts?

Wow wekke, I'm impressed. You've really done your homework on this one.

I never noticed that there might be more than one in that episode.

So, is there a difference between a Galaxy and a Galaxy 500? I remember the 500s but I can't remember a (just plain old) Galaxy.

My next question is the spelling. I always thought it was Galaxy but you know more about them than I do so I'm guessing I'm wrong.

These are one of my favorite models; and I used to have a 72 LTD. That's why I noticed.

And yes, the full names were actually LTD Brougham, LTD, Galaxie 500 or Custom 500.

-ie or -y --> The Ford Galaxie (with -ie in the end, not -y) is the classic North American Ford, not to be confused with today's Ford Galaxy minivan in Europe ;-)