Duke fans Help! Need your support!

TimDuke

Some of you maybe aware but for those who aren't.There is a Dukes message board on CMT.com.Well there has been a person who goes by landsharkk posting on there saying Dukes shouldn't be on CMT and should be removed.He has gone to some of the other boards over there trying to get more people to support him. Well I figure 2 can play that game so I came here to ask you guys for support. Go and join(its free) and show your support if you want to keep Dukes on CMT as long as possible. This guy is very serious and very persistent.Warning if you decide to post over there be careful how you word things the board rules are very strict over there. Brian and Muffin I apologize for posting an ad for another Dukes board without permission but this I feel is important to all Dukes fans and thought you would agree, in fact you may want to post this where everyone is likely to see thats up to you.

TimDuke, thanks for the alert. I'll go check it out for myself. It's possible this landsharkk dude is just amusing himself by stirring up otherwise defenseless Dukes fans.

If he's serious though, well, it sounds like he's gonna be outnumbered by about 80 gazallion to one. Still, we gotta take it seriously. CMT could be paying attention to see if we really give a dang.

In the meantime, if anybody sees spamsharkk over here on HazzardNet, let me know. I'd like to give him a personal welcome. With a manure shovel upside the head.

Brian

Doesn't look like much more than some dude out for some sport. But man, you'd think this would be the kinda thing that the CMT Dukes VP would respond to.

You'd think, for a hundred grand a year, that cyber-slacker could answer a @&%# post once in awhile, or PARTICIPATE with the fans he supposedly represents.

Maybe landsharkk would make a better Dukes Institute VP. Muahahaha.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I was enjoyin' a good ol' fashioned brawl with landsharkk over on the CMT boards - and most of my posts got deleted by the CMT mods. Landsharkk lost a couple of his smarmy ones too. Which was a shame, because it was a spirited fight but neither of us were cussin' or anything. We were insulting each other, but it was clean.

What ticks me off, is the selective deletion of the posts. It was OK for landsharkk to post "The Dukes of Hazzard is crap " but some of my responding comments were evah-dently too colorful.

Granted, I've deleted posts on HNet once in awhile, if they contained profanity or they were just disruptor-bombs of nonsense. Despite the label of "Forum Nazi " it's rare I mess with anything. So I'm very familiar with the decisions a moderator has to make when it comes to argumentive posts. It's a subjective decision and ultimately it comes down to the protection of the site and other users, versus the speech rights of the offending individual.

Knowin' all that, I'm kinda surprised that I tripped a wire on somebody else's turf. Not once, but several times. I had at least 5 posts wiped out over the course of a few days.

As HazzardNet is friendly to CMT, and we fully support and appreciate their airing of Dukes and their good treatment of the original cast, this ain't an anti-CMT message. It is, however, a mild grumble, exercised in the safety of my home turf.

@#$%&*.......

Brian

I haven't been to the CMT boards but if they delete posts that are just mildly expressive and low key deliberations, is rather insidious.

Face the fact Brian, maybe the CMT moderaters just delete posts that are beyond there retention levels of comprehension. You're just beyond their levels of intellectual lyrical stimulation.

I see no problems with causing some nefarious behavior with some sophisticated and urbane dialect as long as it's tastful. Keeps life quite fascinating.

In other words:

Face it baby, yer baffle'em with yer BS. :wink:

Guess that word-of-the-day toilet paper does come in handy!

Well, the epic battle resulted in the CMT mods deleting the enemy's recent posts. ( my lighthearted banter appeared to have riled him. ) Then, the Anti-Duke must have posted something nasty again, because the whole dang thread has now been wiped out!

YEEHAAA!! I claim victory. Credit also to TimDuke and also Rich72 for giving that Anti-Duke hell.

There's a couple other weak Anti-Duke threads on there, but they're mild enough to ignore. The CMT mods also have a hair-trigger on the gun after all this, so I'm gonna behave whenever I'm strolling across their turf.

On an aside, I did invite landsharkk to bring his fight over here on HNet, but he didn't take me up on it. I'm still kinda suspicious about who that guy is / was. For somebody that supposedly hates Dukes, he made out like he knew every message board about it and half the users. Eh, whatever.

Brian

Brian ,You and I are responsible for that whole topic being deleted.You pointed out in your one post there about it was ok for him to use "crap" but some post get deleted for basically no reason.I reinterated that fact on a post and made a plea to the mods over there if they expect people to follow their rules(which are very strict) they should remove the entire topic because of the "crap" remark and guess what? It's gone. Yes we won a battle with that complainer and pain in the butt over there.Possibly won the war cause I figured he would start another topic about his topic getting removed. I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since so maybe CMT saw his constant bashing and the trouble he was causing and banned him from posting anymore. We can only hope.Victory is ours Brian,Dukes fans rejoice!! LOL

Thanks, Tim! Your help over there was much appreciated. I know you help the fans on that board a lot, and I'm glad you said something here about that sharkk guy.

He was being a jerk for his own sport, and I almost shrugged it off...but he was upsetting the kids over there, and that's uncool. Like you, I couldn't let it go unanswered. He deserved opposition, and boy howdy he got it.

Thanks again. Give a hollar if there's another brawl !

Brian