Baby Brokers

it was quite an average day in Hazzard when a couple travling through decided to kidnapp little Luke Duke sell him on the blackmarket for money

and their names are Veronica and Nick Doherty and they fool people by looking like a desperate couple wanting a child of their own .

Meanwhile on the other side of town a nice young woman named Sharon Duke was driving her 11/2 month old son Luke who was napping in the backseat to the Rocking Horse daycare center while she goes birthday shopping for him unaware that her heart is gonna be in dozen pieces later today anyway about 20 minutes later she arrives at the daycare center and at that time Luke woke up he was crying , crying , crying, :cry::cry::cry: and then she got out went around back picked up Luke she said " shh, shh, shh, it's okay baby , shh, shh, but Luke kept crying so she decided to try the next best thing by picking up Luke's pacifier then put it in .

Cue Hothillbilly

A woman that nobody seems to notice this lady attended to Baby Luke and she picks him up. And trying to get to settledown she went throught this with her daughter before she gone after her first birthday she wanted a baby so bad and didn't care how she did, the docter had told her that her chances for getting pregant was very slim and that she should look in to adoption. But that would take too long, and she could just take this little boy when nobody was looking.

Cue anybody

Nick was sitting upon the old and hardened mattress of the double bed that rests in the middle of the small motel room, reading the Hazzard newspaper, when Veronica walked in with a crying baby. "You did it!" a broad smile quickly forms as he quickly stands up while throwing the paper down, "And so fast, boy you're good."

Veronica gives Nick a worried smile as she stares over her shoulder while her thoughts float back upon the baby's mother. How concerned she had been when the baby began to cry. Momentarily her imagination flows as she struggles to think of how the mother will respond when she gets the call that her only son is missing. "Yeah I did it," she forces a smile at Nick while they hug, smashing Luke between them. Looking down at the baby that she holds tightly in her arms, covered thickly in blankets so no one can see him. "Shhhh Luke, it's all gonna be OK now. You're with you're new mommy and daddy."

"why's he still crying? Perhaps you should go to the store and get some formula for him? Diapers?" Nick says impatiently at the crying baby, "And I'm not the kid's daddy! Don't get yourself attached, Veronica...we're selling him! He's gonna be worth a lot of money!"

"I got some here in his diaper bag," Veronica says exasperated, "but the kid's gonna cry, he just lost his mother and is in a new enviroment. Relax Nick, he'll be fine."

"Great," he sighs, "we just get to listen to the kid cry now. What's his name?"

"Luke Duke," Veronica responds, walking away from Nick in irritation at his tone of voice, at his impatience. Sometimes he is so caring while the next moment seeming so unsesitive.

"Well feed him...he could be hungry," Nick snaps and Veronica only nods while lying him down on the bed and over his blanket.

"Don't listen to your daddy, Luke. He's just being a grouch," Veronica smiles down at the baby who seems to slowly settle down. "There you go. I'll go make you a bottle. Nick," she looks at Nick who sits across the bed, "watch your son while I go make the bottle...he could roll off the bed."

"Once again, I ain't his daddy. Just like you ain't gonna be his mom. We need the money," Nick snaps angrily at Veronica's insistance at calling them the kid's parents. Fear seems to tangle within him as he senses his wife's easy attachment to the kid already. "We need to start packing. Feed the kid and hurry it up!"

"Relax," Veronica watches Luke hold the bottle, "you gave them our fake ID and no one will expect a thing."

"Execpt that last night there was no crying baby and today there is? C'mon Veronica...I'd rather be safe than sorry," he pleas, "and besides, we are on a timeline."

"Yeah yeah," Veronica nods as Luke throws the bottle down and it rolls down onto the old floor, milk filtering out onto the carpet. "He only drank a third of that. Not too hungry."

"Don't matter none to us. Watch the kid and I'll get us packed up and out of here within the hour," he snorts as he gets up, "and while you're watching him, don't get attached...he's not ours and never will be. We need the money and not to spend more, which would happen if we kept the thing."

A deep saddness begins to build within her as she picks Luke up who once again begins to cry and she looks at him while feeling the attachment begin to build. "We could keep this one and steal another kid...there was other kids there," Veronica suggests.

"Not a chance...he's going to the home that the Sparlin's picked out...be perfect and we'll get a big pay check for it," Nick snorts out as the baby throws up all over Veronica, "see? That's what babies do...now get him ready!"

(CUE KITTY OR JULIE)

Then Veronica shoots Nick a look she says " Fine i'll get him ready but you better stop laughing cause now i got milk all over my new shirt ", Nick then said ' Well honey that is what little babies do they sleep, spit-up, and cry that is all he'll be perfect for the new couple now get him ready.

As Nick was getting the suitcases packed Veronica was changing her shirt then she layed Luke down on the bed then she began to undress him with

a new shirt she found in his diaper bag then she pulled his pants up he was all ready to go then she wrapped Luke up in his blanket then she put his pacifier in his mouth then she carried him out to the car put him in the backseat he wasn't happy he wanted his mama and Daddy back",

then they took off unfortunetly Rosco was out on patrol that night he saw a car going really fast so he began to chase it then Nick looked in the mirror he saw a cop car he said " Shoot the Sheriff is chasing us we can't get caught with the kid we gotta lose him quick put him on the side of the road hopefully somebody will see him and stop even though we won't get our paycheck which is gonna ruin the plan but i don't wanna go to jail.

So Nick pulled over Veronica got Luke left him on the side of the road then Rosco saw something out of the car he stopped the car went over he couldn't believe his eyes " Oh My Lord it is a little baby who would leave him on the side of the road like this shame shame i wonder what his name is ", then Rosco looked he saw that it said " Luke Duke 7-21-51 Rosco then said " Oh my Lord it's one of the Dukeboys i gotta tell Jesse.

So Rosco got on the CB he said " Jesse Duke this is Rosco i got one of your Nephews he was left on the side of the road he's name is Luke i'm gonna bring him over to your farm ", then Jesse said " Okay Rosco i'll be waiting i can't believe someone would leave Luke like that .

Cue JuileDuke

Uncle Jesse had drove over to where Rosco had said Luke was, but Rosco had laying on the back seat of his car right now because if was cold out tonight. Rosco was trying to get Luke to stop crying and he went and picked him and he got his clean work shirt instead. Uncle Jesse says " That apparently he had upset stomach and now he feels better Rosco."

Rosco says "Well, that not funny Jesse and here is Luke right here and not I got to go in town and make the report and change into a clean uniforn now."

Jesse calls Luke parents on his cb and says that he had found baby Luke and that he driving to their house right now.

Nick and Vericona was driving out of Hazzerd and she was thinking of Baby Julie that they had lost when she was nine months old to some common thing that docters say baby can get. But she thinks that Nick was responible for the baby's death because he show no emotional when there daughter had died and he didn't even go to her funeral. He had said that he had to go to work and is wasn't that important and that he didn't even tell him employer about their daughter dying.

Cue Kitty

Luke's mama and daddy was waiting with bells on Luke's mama was crying happy tears cause she thought that her baby was gone for good she couldn't believe that her brother in-law Jesse had found him ",

speaking of Luke he was sleeping in his carseat every so often he would say " mama wa mama an dada ", Uncle Jesse said " Luke i'm takin' you to see them now your mama was awful worried about you when she found out that some strange people was taking you away from her i'm just lucky that Rosco got their in time or you would have been long gone .

So about 20 minutes later Uncle Jesse arrived at Luke's parents house

his mama was so happy she couldn't believe it " Oh Jesse you don't know how happy i am to know that he is okay i was so worried ",

as Luke's mama and Uncle Jesse was talking Luke's daddy went over to the truck he saw that his little boy was asleep so he gently unbuckled his seatbelt he picked him up Luke cried a little he said " shh shh shh, "

Then Randy put Luke in his mama's arms she carried him into the house put him to bed she said " goodnight my little one i''ll see you in the morning sweet dreams baby i love you .

Cue JuileDuke

Nick and Veronica are at the hotel room and she is blaming him for and he said he no idea that Sheriff was going to right behind them like that.

Veronica says "You never loved Julie, and that is why you didn't attend her funeral. Because you wanted a boy and that is main reason why."

Nick says " Well, I Veronica I never believed that she was mine anyways and walks in the bathroom."

Veronica says " How can you say that Nick Julie looked just like you and had a bit of stubborn trait to her as a baby just you."

Nick says " Well, honey I never wanted kids and by now the next door neighbors in the hotel room can hear them."

Veronica says "What did you say Nick, was it that you never wanted kids in the first place."

Nick says " I was planning on selling her to the baby brokers like we was going to with Baby Luke until that Sheriff got in the way."

Cue Kitty

Lukes parents, along with Jesse all stood in the doorframe of Lukes room. Sharon still had tears welling up in her eyes. "I thought I'd never see him again-" she whispered as Randy quietly closed the door to Lukes room. "Who would've wanted to take him?" she cried lightly into her husbands shoulder. "I don't know hun." he sighed and held her closely.

Veronica lay in bed, curled up on her side and facing the wall, listening to Nicks light snoring. She sighed and stood up and walked over to the window and pulled the blinds open and looked outside. "We'll get you back Luke hun. Don't worry, mama will find you again-" she whispered.

Cue: anyone

• 3 weeks later...

Later on that night after Uncle Jesse had gone home Luke's parents were

getting ready to go to bed themselves not before checking on Luke again so his Daddy quietly opened the bedroom door then his mama walked in she looked down saw that he was safe and sound asleep ", then she turned to Luke's Daddy and said "I guess i was worrying for nothing

then Randy said " Darlin he is gonna be just fine c'mon let's go to bed'',

So early the next morning Sharon Duke was woken up by Luke's crying

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: okay baby mama's coming did you sleep

good ?" Luke just chuckled then she carried him into the kitchen put him in

his highchair then she walked over to the fridge pulled out some mushed

peaches she said " here comes the Bumble Bee ", then she stuck the spoon in Luke's mouth then Luke said " mama wa

da da wa da da ", then she said " Honey your daddy went on a trip with your Uncle Jesse don't worry they'll be here later today but for now you is gonna take a little nap okay ?", then she picked him up carried Luke back into his bedroom she layed him down in the crib then she shut the door",

Meanwhile back over at the Hazzard Hotel Veronica was plotting on what to next only she probably won't get far since Rosco has an APB out on her

so it will be lucky if she can get Luke without the law on her back.

Balladeer : Unfortunetly friends little Luke is too little to know that his Daddy and Uncle Jesse are moonshine runner's .

Cue Hothillbilly

• 2 months later...

Veronica sat at the Hazzard Hotel thinking of a easier way to get Luke back. But with Rosco putting an APB out on her, that was like walking into a Bee hive. "Oh Honey, will get you back real soon." Veronica said as if Luke were listening to her.

Mean while another Duke was on their way to see how Luke was. Mackenzie Duke just arrived at the Randy Dukes farm with 3 month old Dusty Rose. Bat Masterson Duke was Jesse's third brother with Randy being his second. Dusty's daddy was named after the Ledgendry gambler Bat Masterson.

Both Dusty and Luke's daddies ran moonshine. "Sharon, are you home?" Mackenzie hollard. "Ya com'on in." Sharon said. Mackenzie picked up Dusty's carrier and went into the house.

Veronica was thinking how the best possible way was to get Luke back without getting caught.

Cue Kitty

Mackensie got baby Dusty Rose out of her car seat was she was in the house and she had seen that she went right over to Luke. They got along so good, she had wondered how they would get along together she always hoped they would be friends.

Verconica was spying on the house, and she had seen there was two babies there. There was baby Luke and a baby Girl she just wanted Luke but she doesn't want the other baby to be crying and lettling them know what is going on.

Cue Kitty.

• 2 weeks later...

Verconica looked threw window waiting for the prefect time. She saw the lady sit baby girl down in the play pen with Luke. "It be soon my sweet little boy." whispered Verconica as she watched the two babies play together. She heard a the front door slam then hearing voices walk away from the house. Carefully looking around the corner making sure it where the two females where going."Is it ok leave them alone." asked Mackensie as they walked over to clothes line. "Sugar there fine we can hear them if the cry." replied Sharon. Verconica quietly made her way back towards the house. Going over to the window carefully raising it. As quietly as she could raised herself up to window a pulling her rest the way threw into the house. Walking over to where the two babies sat bending down and picking up Luke. "Oh there's my sweet boy. Mamma's missed you." as she cradled him. She started to bend over to pick the little girl, but heard voice come back towards the house. Quietly as she could she making her way back over to the window. Carefully as she could climbed out of the window making sure not to make Luke cry. "Where almost there" she thought as her feet hit the ground. "Not much farther my sweet." said Verconica as she placed a kiss on Luke's fore head.

Dusty started crying as if to signal for her Momma and Luke's Momma to notice they lady trying to take Luke out the window. It sure did work because Verconica had notice the two woman looking and she drops Luke and then he starts crying because she just dropped from holding him. His momma goes to see if he' okay and then Dusty's Mom goes to get Jesse on the Radio and tell him what just Happened at the house.

cue Dusty Rose Duke

Veronica was running to her car trying to cry for losing that sweet Baby Luke that she wanted so badly she had to keep a low profile because of the apb out on her in the county. She was driving toward the hotel and trying not to get notice when suddenley she notice the Patrol car going right by she was hoping that he didn't notice her going by. There would be alot of unanswer questions lately she wasn't feeling well for the past couple of days and she wandering could she be pregant again she would be so happpy if she was.

Cue Kitty

Luke's parents was getting worried that was the second attempt of somebody trying to kidnap their baby boy. And it was getting on their nerves now, they wanted this Veronica just to back off and have her own baby allreadry right now. Dusty and Luke was fast asleep right now and their parents was talking with Uncle Jesse talking about what had happened to Luke and now probaly they had better come up with a better plan on keeping baby Luke safe from the Baby Brokers now. Veroncia was back at the hotel working on another plan to get Luke back and she seen that it had better be something that would work next time.

Cue Kitty.

Luke's parents had heard crying during the night and his father said that he would go see what the matter is. Randy Duke went into check on his first born son and he was going see what was bothering him right now. When he walked in and he had seen that his son was crying right now and it appeared that he was hungary and that , he told him to hold on he'll be right back with a baba. Randy walked down to the kitchen to get a bottle and he had noticed a extra car in the drivaway so while he was in the kitchen he had called the Sheriff and told him what he had spotted and hanged up with and took the bottle up to his son. When Randy walked he had picked little Luke and gave him the bottle and he was telling that his daddy was handling things for him and that lady isn't going to have you in her arms ever again Luke.

Veronica was watching from the car and she could seen eariler that the man was on the phone with somebody and he just given whoever that was his address. She had wondered who he was talking to why did Nick park in their drivaway it just gives them away.

Luke was done and he was content and Randy had seen that he was content and then the doorbell rang. He had no time to put Luke down so he just took him with him over by the door. And it was Rosco and they was talking for a while and Luke was falling asleep again and he and Rosco walked up to Luke's room and they had noticed that Veronica was standing next to Luke's bedroom window. The Sheriff told him that he was lucky that he taken Luke with him when he answered the door or she would walked with his son. Rosco took sight of who this lady was and we went to his car and by that time her and Nick took off, but he managed to get his licensed plated number from the car they was driving. Randy had made sure that Luke was asleep and put his 45 in the nightstand by his side just in case they come back to take his son. They would will be greeted by him and Colt as well, he was glad the dog had sharp hearing he let the dog stay in Luke's room just in case they came back.

Cue kitty

Sharon walks in Luke's nursery and he see's that he is still crying and nothing that Randy is doing is helping. Sharon takes Luke from her husband and she says oh honey, he's colic not hungary and I know the perfect cure for this. And she begins to sings a Kitty Wells song to her song and Randy is still in the room because he don't the trust it right now. It's just to quiet right now and his daddy always told him when it's like this that when something happens. Beside he loved to hear his wife sing Kitty Wells music just as much of she loved to sing her songs.

Randy had heard somebody outside the window and he had thought it was the same person as in the car. He ran outside to see who it was and it was that guy waiting in his car, and he thought to himself if he's out here and then where is the lady. As Randy is running back in the house Sharon is putting Luke back in his crib and she is going to bed. Then he sees from a distance that lady in Veronica's nursery and she had Luke with her. Lucky that Randy had his 45 so close and he picked up and says "Put my son back in the crib and then he sees Sharon walk in and she is getting upset."

Veronica says "No way, I have wait to long on this little boy and I'm taking him with me."

Cue Kitty

cue Kitty

• 1 month later...

Nick had snuck up on the them and pointed his shotgun and says "The Baby come with us or maybe I might aim at the master bedroom window up yonder there."

Veronica says "Oh honey, your going to make the baby cry talking like beside we leave the baby behing I'm pregant again and we'll have a one of our own a year from now."

Nick says "But, I am not backing down from this right here were taking the baby either with you going willing or not."

Veronica says "You don't really mean that do ya Nick. Allright I coming with you but I'm telling you we don't need this baby right here or right now besides what if the law comes chasing us."

Cue Kitty.

• 2 months later...

" wa wa wa wa wa wa mama , dada, " Veronica noticed that Luke was crying she said " shh shh shh Luke it's okay " then nick said " c'mon darlin'

we gotta get going them people are gonna be paying us alot of dough.

Meanwhile Luke's mama was having heartbroken sobs asking her husband to do something so Randy said " y'all won't get past the state line before sheriff Coltrane catches you for charge of kidnapping an infant ",

then Veronica said " Nick honey why can't we just leave the baby here with his parents i'm gonna be having one of my own in a few months then we can give it to the sparlin's?", meanwhile Luke is still crying for his mama", then Sharon says " please don't hurt my baby mister ".

Cue Julie Duke

Sharon says "Please bring back little Luke I don't know I'll do without him Randy."

Randys says "Don't you worry about Sheriff Coltrane will bring him back and I'll help out along with Jesse."

Sharons says "Oh dear god please make sure that little Luke is okay and gives those kidnappers a hardtime."

Meanwhile Luke is with Veronica and Nick and he just won't stop crying and Veronica is trying to get him be quiet and even though he is just baby he knows there is something wrong right now.

Cue Kitty

• 1 month later...

Veronica says "Shh. Baby your Mama is here and calm down. Nick, I think it your driving or maybe he don't like the music that your playing and besides he is really upset or maybe hungary. Isn't there something calmer you can play that upset Luke here. You know Nick sometimes you can be a real jerk your the one upsetting Luke he won't stop crying and I can't seem figure out why."

Balladeer: Little Luke sure is giving Veroncia and Nick a hard time right now.

Meanwhile Nick is driving to hideout and Luke is still crying and nothing Veroncia does seems to be helping right now. Sharon and Randy have gotten a hold of everybody on the Hazzardnet and they are looking for the description the Randy gave them of the car and they are all trying to get Luke back for them. And Randy's good friend spots the car and he is following them.

Veronica says "Oh Nick, can't you lose this guy he is stuck like glue to your bumper here."