TVResearcher wants to know Bo Luke's Best Episodes!

I'm working on an upcoming show for TVLand that interviews celebrities about their "big breaks" and John Schneider will be one of our subjects.

I wanted to poll Dukes Experts as to whether there were any episodes centering around Bo from the first season (other seasons OK too). Also what do you think are Bo's best moments, dramatic and comedic?

Repo Men has some of the best Bo and Luke interaction and is one of the best Dukes episodes ever IMHO.

Enos: Now where are the papers for this here car?

Luke: We told ya Enos, a dog ate 'em.

Bo: Yeah, it was a big ol' doberman dog.

Other good episodes include One Armed Bandits (the pilot), Carnival of Thrills, and of course, Ghost of the General Lee.

For my vote, the best Bo episode was "Carnival of Thrills." This 2-hr episode gave us a unique chance to see an emotional range and depth to Bo's psyche. We saw his pride, vanity, ambition, selfishness, courage, lust, anger, grief, love, fear.

I always considered this ep as probably the best in the series, and perhaps the most important to the definition of "Dukes of Hazzard" moral sets. Prior to this episode, we never imagined the Duke family to have any in-family domestic problems. The fight scene between Bo and Luke surprised and shocked us; but the fact the Dukes weren't immune to troubles made them all the more real.

The episode's ending, chock-full of forgiveness, mush, and yeehaa-we-did-it's, was especially gratifying after the tension throughout the episode. They earned the happy ending on this one.

My two cents. Hope it helps!

Brian

• 2 months later...

I agree that the Carnival of Thrills the second season opening episode was one of Bo's best episodes. This episode showed Bo and Luke each growing up a little. I agree with Brian Coltrane "This 2-hr episode gave us a unique chance to see an emotional range and depth to Bo's psyche. We saw his pride, vanity, ambition, selfishness, courage, lust, anger, grief, love, fear. "