dukefest 2006 -- show car entry and pre-festival events

starkist72

does anyone know anything about the show car entry to dukefest 2006? we're from massachusetts, it took us 24 hours to get down there pulling our black general last year, and once there it took us forever to figure out how to get it into the show...we even missed most of the first day. this year i hope to figure that all out before we leave... if we aren't sure about getting the car in the show, we might not pull it down with us again

plus, we heard that there was a breakfast for general lee owners, but we didn't learn about it soon enough, does anybody know of anything that is happening around dukefest that car owners ar invited to?

we spent alot of time getting ready for dukesfest last year, and alothough we had a blast, and will coem back every year, it was very disppointing to miss out on the show, the parade and the breakfat, i really hope to engage is maximum participation this year....

thanks to anyone who can help!

katie

Katie, we'll do our best to find out for ya. Seeing as how it's pretty early in the game, I don't know what kind of details are available yet. But I'm passing on your feedback to the folks in charge.

Can't promise I'll have an answer back real soon, but we'll try.

DukesFest is a great event. It just grew to the point where specialized communication is a challenge. We'll do what we can to help.

Brian

hey thanks!

i spoke to someone through cootersplace too, but if anyone can get me any info that would be awesome!

the people at cooter's place are awesome! they are very busy and im sure have very important things to do, in my experiance they do get back to you when they get the chance! thats kind of why im starting early on getting ready...plus I had such an amazing time at dukesfest last year...i just cant wait!

thanks again

katie

• 2 months later...

Special Message for General Lee Owners

Hey All Y'all General Lee owners,

From the way things are already shaping up, DukesFest in Music City is going to be by far the biggest Hazzard County shindig ever! And of course, it wouldn't be DukesFest with the General Lee (The real star of the show, as we all know). We want make this year special for all the General Lee owners. We know how much work goes into them and we know how far many of y'all have to come. So this year "Hazzard County display cars," Generals, Police cars, Daisy's Jeeps, etc… Will be assigned a special entrance and the occupants will receive free tickets for the weekend. (Don't sweat it if you've already paid we'll refund your money at the gate.) We'll have a place of honor for the all The Generals and a separate viewing area for the other Hazzard cars.

This year we'll have dash plaques and inspection stickers from Cooter's Garage for the display cars. And everybody's already talking about "The Parade of the General Lee's." Make sure your horns are working!

We will do our very best to provide a specific time for cast signatures. This has proved to be very difficult in the past but like I say we'll try our durndest.

We will soon be posting registration forms for the display cars and more detailed information.

In the meantime, "Keep your gown down, the pedal to the metal, watch out for ol' Roscoe and keep it tween' the ditches."

Ben AKA "Cooter" and Miss Alma