Wopat on smallville found a pic

Virgin Enos

Here's the story on the Chargers used in this particular episode of 'Smallville'. Warner Bros. had (2) Chargers on hand. One car was a "hero" unit used in all of the closeup shots and the other was used as the "workhorse" in all of the heavy driving and stunt sequences. The "hero" car was a 1968 Charger and the "workorse" was a 1969 General Lee replica reworked to look like identical to the '68 "hero" car. The General Lee used in this episode belongs to Richard Cummins. Cummins had an agreement with Warner Bros. that he would allow them to use his car only if they agreed to restore the car to it's pre-'Smallville' condition as a very nice General Lee replica. In preparation for the 'Smallville' episode, the car was painted a teal metallic with a white dual bumblebee strip to match the "hero" car. The car's roof, however, remained orange and kept the Confederate flag, as well as the "General Lee" text intact on each side of the roof. The Warner Bros. crew then laid a heavy 2-sided adhesive tape on the cars roof and applied a vinyl top on the car again to replicate the '68 "hero" car. At one point , while filming some heavy driving, the vinyl top literally blew off of the car exposing the orange roof and General Lee graphics. :) The '69 Charger also had it's grille replaced with a '68 grille and it's rear tail-panel mocked up to replicate the '68 tail-panel. The original plan was for both of the Chargers to wear "slotted mags", but both cars ended up wearing the infamous General Lee Vectors. :wink: Cummins' car also retained it's "General Lee tan" interior, as well as it's interior roll-bar.

All in all, this episode of 'Smallville', titled "Exposed", should be a lot of fun to watch. From what I understand, there will be all kinds of "Hazzard" references in this episode. So, be sure to keep your eyes and ears open.

Richard Cummins' Charger was jumped twice for the "Exposed" episode, but has since been repaired by Warner Bros to it's pre-'Smallville' state.

GADuke01

Im cirious why they painted it Blue instead of Orange? I could understand if for whatever reason they could not use an exact General Lee. All they would have to do is take off the decals and Push Bar.

On a side note the preview for exposed surprisingly did not show anything about Toms apperence (just Clark in a strip club). You would think that Tom's appearence would be a selling point

Painting the car orange wouldn't have been in the best interest for 'Smallvillle'. It would have put way too much emphasis on 'The Dukes of Hazzard' and would have possibly taken away from the story. They wanted hints of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' to part of this episode without going overboard. As fans, we're lucky that they even decided to use a Charger in this episode. Had Richard Cummins not made a deal with Warner Bros. for them to use his car, the whole Charger idea would have probably been scrapped. 'Dukes' fans shouldn't worry. There's going to be more than enough references to John Schneider and Tom Wopat's days in "Hazzard".

Check out Richard Cummins website at www.richardcummins.com .

GA-Duke01

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You know what gets my goat, they have John sneider and Tom wopat and the charger back together in another movie. I am very anxious however to see the movie smallville and to see them working together again.

What bugs me ,is why couldn't John and Tom have been in the new Dukes movie. I mean, the ratings would have gone sky high!

Even with the same plot and story line,(minus the profanities and different crew), they could have still been in the movie, why is it they weren't,that is still busting me up.