Let the original Dukes, be the cast for the big screen movie

Why not let the Dukes be the Dukes? In the Big Screen movie of the Dukes-of-Hazzard why not cast John and Tom as the Dukes and Daisy(Catherine Bach ) rather than all these pop stars? If the original cast were too old or ugly or both fine, but there will never be anyone that can be the Duke boys better than the original Duke boys. No other female on earth hazz Daisy' legs like Cathy Bach, so why not let her be Daisy? I know for the new punk kids that never connected with the Dukes-of-Hazzard, they need a popular face, but come on, its time to be original. The original cast, should be cast for the Big Screen Movie. By the way our group the Hazzard Kounty Knytes Kustmz Association are having a Daisy look alike contest. If you think you got the legs, the email me a photo and you could be our Miss Hazzard for 2005, along with a $50,000.00 Cash Prize award.

Dude, for fifty grand, I'll shave my legs and send you a picture. I won't win, but I'll drastically improve the odds for somebody else. BAHAHAHA!

But seriously man, we do not allow unauthorized solicitation of our Hazzardnet friends and neighbors. If your club is genuine and your contest is legit, email your club info and contest rules to the webmaster, and we'll attempt to verify that you're for real. Durin' the meantime, your post will be editied or removed.

We now return to the usual shenanigans.

Brian

I think the reunion movies already gave the original cast an opportunity to shine again. I loved them both but a big screen movie will never please the true fans completely. But I'm looking forward to seeing a new group of actors that willl in effect pay omage(I'm sure I didn't spell that right) to the show we alll love so much. Plus, just like TNN did buy showing the reruns of the the show, it will still promote the show and all that it stood for to a new generation of Dukes fans.

That is true, Traveler. It's just gonna be a little strange to see other faces connected with the names we all know.

But to see the General fly on the big screen...that's gonna be cool. So long as the new generation of Dukes do their best to honor the spirit of the show, and they enjoy themselves in those roles....I think they'll pull it off.

quote="travelerF150"]What I can say I would like to see is the movie be closer to the first 13 episodes thatn the last 2 seasons. It was a little edgier but a little more like real life is in the south. A PG-13 rating would be alright.

traveler

I couldn't agree with you more. Actually more like the 5 Goergia episodes would be ideal to me. I just hope they don't make it into some lame or dumb comedy. Hollywood does seem to ruin some of the TV shows to Movies , and I am praying it won't be this one.

Darrell

Well I think all in all its an awful idea to make the movie with young hollywood jerks. Aston, and Paul wouldn't know Southern Heritage if it bit them on the arse. The two make me sick. The fact of the movie coming out makes me sick to my stomach, and I full well intent to protest and picket. Screw the new Dukes. It's fine as is, theres no need to make a mockery of something great.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I am new to the forum - I think that if there is going to be a movie then the original stars should resume the roles that they had. I have been a fan of the dukes since I can remember. And I am only in my mid to late 20's. I loved them made for t.v. movie but I don't know how to get it on Dvd. But I sure would love to. Long live the dukes. :)

I still wouldn't mind if it were made with new people , so long as it keeps the original spirit of the DOH. If it was made that way the first 5 episodes were , I think they might be successful with it.

I think getting the orignal cast for the movie would be great for the die-hard fans, but unfortunately Hollywood is out to make money and the original cast might not be able enough to draw the people into the theaters.Don't forget you are going back 20-25 years since the TV show was filmed. As far as cameos or minor roles, they have to be in there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I respect your idea for having the old cast in there somewhere...and think that it definately should have Bo and Luke in there somewhere for something..and possibly Catherine Bach as well...but as for adding a bunch of the cast in there....at one way i think it is a good idea but in another way it doesn't seem like too good of an idea to me. I think they will probably do a fairly well job with it :)

The original cast was great and for us, can never be replaced. The problems with the show when it originally aired were not the actors, it woudl be the writing in the later years.

In a new poll, I saw at a website this week, a British poll was released with what the British citizens saw as the worst TV exports of all time from America was. # 1 was Baywatch. And # 3 was The Dukes Of Hazzard. lol So as much as we love the original show and cast, I don't think the original cast would be able to bring in the numbers in the theatre to justify the movie.

The original TV reunion movie was, I thought, well written and executed by all. I loved it.

The second TV reunion was just horrible. Horrible script.

And to Hollywood execs, the ratings for that second one would be more fresh on their mind.