general

HotHillbilly

• 1 month later...

The only time the doors were actually welded shut were on the cars scheduled to be jumped to give the stuntman a extra measure of safety.Other than that they weren't welded. It drives me crazy at car shows when people come up to my General asking why it has door handles and they will stand there and insist that it didn't have them. Then I calmly pull out photos of actual Generals that I always carry with me and show them it had them,they just didn't use them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I have my way,this summer I'm going to a junk yard near by. my friend has an uncle who has this junk yard,and not one car was crushed in 20 yrs.

My friend told me he would help me pick a charger that has the least rust and not sitting on the ground,and pull off parts from other chargers to restore the one we find half decent.

He also said that I could have all the parts and everything for the cost of $100.00 plus the towing charge to bring it home. towing may cost me $200.00,but hey,it's worth it.

I don't have to tell you what I will be restoring it too huh???...lol

I even know a fellow who is good at air brushing,so I will be getting him to do the flag and decals for my general lee to be.! :D