favoite boss quotes

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This isn't a Boss quote. It's a Waylon quote about Boss but it seemed better to put it here instead of in the Waylon quotes thread.

It's from "Brotherly Love".

"Now as crooked as old Boss is, he don't cotton to violence. He figures if ya gotta be violent to be crooked, you're trash."

(Early in the series Boss mentioned that he doesn't like violence and he stuck with that policy the whole series. But on the Hazzard Soundtrack part of the lyrics in the song he sang was "Try anything in my neck of the woods and you'll bleed right through the nose.") I think we all agree that it's good that the writers of the show ignored that song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Was watchin the episode 'Nothin But the Truth"'...I think that was the title....anyways Boss was injected with truth serum and Rosco had said something about his lil fat buddy, and he didnt mean fat, and Boss said that he was and then said he overate and then Boss said,

"I'll eat anything that doesn't bite me first." I love that line...just the way he said it was so funny...least to me...I couldn't stop laughin...

• 6 months later...

You can see this reply coming a mile off, but I still like it. In 'Go West, Young Dukes', Rufus was apologizing to Thaddeus for finding the discarded playing card on the floor:

Rufus: Well, I'm sorry Mr. Hogg, but I didn't know you weren't playing with a full hand.

Thaddeus: That's because you ain't playing with a full deck.

i like this quote from the episode enos strate to the top

Jefferson Davis 'Boss' Hogg: I've already found someone whose willing to kick back 50% of his pay!

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane: Who? Who could be that stupid?

Jefferson Davis 'Boss' Hogg: My third cousin, twice removed, Cletus Hogg!

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane: Uh, Cletus, C-Cletus Hogg?

Jefferson Davis 'Boss' Hogg: Yeah, Cousin Cletus Hogg!

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane: Oh, he is stupid! I mean, I mean even the dipsticks call him a dipstick!

Jefferson Davis 'Boss' Hogg: Well then he'll fit in perfect with you, won't he?

• 1 month later...

From "The Ghost of General Lee":

Boss Hogg: Rosco, I should've known you'd be goldbrickin' while I'm out chasin' a driverless car all the way to tarnation and back!

Rosco: You seen it?! You seen it, too?! The ghost of General Lee?! Come back.

Boss Hogg: Course I seen it. And that car was no ghost. Them Duke boys may be dead, but the car ain't, because cars don't die.

Rosco: Batteries do, Boss. Uh, why not cars?

This one gets me every time!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Going back through this thread I can't believe I never put in my favorite Boss quote.

From "New Deputy in Town" after giving his word to her about not saying anything about the prisoner that was coming for a stop over (I haven't watched the episode for awhile so I can't remember names), after she leaves the booking room he says...

"And my word ain't worth diddly doo!"

ROFL

• 11 years later...