Faith and Tradgedy

Alright, anyone who wants to is free to post on this.

Bo Duke limped into the noisiness of the bar, his cane made of Japanise oak making solid click sounds as he relied on it to keep his right leg from breaking down under him. It was the first time he'd been to the Boar's Nest since the accident.

"Hello Bo..." Rosco mumbled solemly as the Dukes passed.

He only got a side glance from the younger man, who then turned his eyesite away with an angry huff and sat down at the table in the far corner of the bar.

Luke watched the scene and sighed, "...hello Rosco. Hey I'm sorry about Bo-"

"Don't be...I am sorry about his leg...Boss too I think..."

"I know you are," Luke said amiably, casting a look at Bo in the corner. The younger Duke was twiddling with his cane and staring blankly into the luquid in the beer mug. "Problem is I just don't think Bo sees it that way."

"He nearly lost his leg...heck he nearly lost his life. He has a right to be angry with me." The sheriff temporarily looked at Bo, who only glared in Rosco's direction. Rosco turned his head away quickly, "What's the therapist say about his leg?"

Luke shook his head, "Might never walk right again. He might have that cane for the rest of his life."

"...Does it hurt him?"

"Yeah..." Lukes said sadly, a faraway look in his eyes, "But the dummy doesn't wanna use painkillers, 'fraid he'll get addicted..."

It did hurt Bo...the leg hurt him a lot. It hurt even worse when he walked on it, at this rate he wouldn't even be able to drive right. The therapist wasn't helping, it felt like it was getting worse. Come outa this with full use of my leg...bull if you ask me. He thought, a mild depression over his seemingly pointless future overcoming him. He wouldn't walk right, much less run. Heck Uncle Jesse could probably run better after this. If he was framed by Boss he wouldn't be able to escape Rosco anymore.

[cue: anyone]

~She-Wolf

There was a new waitress at the Boar's Nest and the cute blonde was new to Hazzard. She stopped taking a break behind the bar. Brushing a stray hair for her face the rest of it was tied up and out of the way. Seeing Bo enter she'd never met him and didn't know his story, but recognized the look on his face. Without giving it proper thought the waitress headed over to him.

Approaching him slowly she looked him straight in the face smiling, searching for a smile anywhere inside of him. "Something wrong with your beer, Sir?" Her voice was sweet and soft.

Brooke was roughly eighteen, about 5'5", and couldn't weigh more than a buck 120 at the most. Her job at the Boar's Nest was temporary until she could figure out what she wanted to do in Hazzard; otherwise, she was one hell of a waitress.

The blond waitress waited for any kind of response. "huh?" Bo asked, "Oh...uh, no nothings wrong with the beer." There was a bitterness in his voice, hidden to anyone who wasn't listening close enough.

The waitress noticed his cane, leaning against the wall behind him. She opened her mouth to say something but he was already lost in thought again. She strolled back to the counter, to Daisy. The woman had been so kind to her from the second she started working there, "Hey," She greeted, "Who's he?"

"My cousin," Daisy was sad too when she thought about what happened to him.

"The cane?"

"He was in a crash last month...his right leg, he might never walk on it again. You'll have to forgive him, he's a little depressed."

While Daisy spoke Bo had gotten up, leaning on his cane he limped out the door past Rosco and Luke.

Bo was sitting on the General, as beautiful as the day was, he found it hard to take simple pleasure in anything anymore. Birds, flowers, sunny days, it was pointless. A sudden wave of pain shot through his leg, he reached down, rubbing it gently. Grimacing and closing his eyes as he did so. It hurt so bad he could barely walk with the cane, he couldn't even speed in the General without his leg hurting.

(Cue: Anyone who cares...)

~She-Wolf

(OOC: I CARE!!)

Luke sighed seeing his cousin exit the bar and Rosco just turned away muttering a goodbye while shaking his head. The eldest of the three Dukes looked over at Daisy as she spoke to the younger waitress. He walked over.

"Daisy I just don't know what to say to him.." he sighed leaning against the bar.

Daisy shook her head, "Nothing we can say to make it better, Suga."

Brooke frowned a little feeling the sadness the family felt and tried to step back out of the way.

Turning around he asked Daisy for a beer and glanced sideways at Brooke, "Hey there I'm Luke Duke." He paused waiting for her reply.

"I'm Brooke," she gave a faint smile. "I'm on break," she said to Daisy as the brunette slide Luke his beer.

Heading outside the Boar's Nest she spotted Bo by an orange car. Casually approaching him she looked the car over, "Nice ride." With her finger tips she ran them across the paint.

Bo's expression changed ever so slightly, "Yeah, the General Lee's a good car." He stared at her for a moment before continuing his depression.

"A guy like you shouldn't be walking around with a storm cloud hanging over your head," Brooke smiled. "Cheer up?" It was more of a faint question if anything.

(OOC: I'm glad you care :D )

Bo glanced up at her forcing a smile, "You wouldn't be saying that if chances were you'd never walk right again."

Brooke understood the empty tone in his voice, she smiled weakly, "I guess not. How did it happen?"

"...It was rainy, I was gettin' some grocieries done for my uncle...and uh, It don't take a genious to tell what happened next...This happened next!" he exclaimed this time, grabbing his cane, he calmed himself down. "It was the middle of the night. Could barely see, and Sherrif Coltrane just thought he'd try chasing me." He stood up and walked up to Brooke, "There ain't much else to say. I skidded out of control, hit a tree, and Rosco skidded out of control, he smashed into the General and..." he trailed off.

"Yes," Brooke said gently.

"And the next thing I know I'm in the hospital, with a bunch of dummy doctors telling me they might have to amputate it...To tell you the truth I really do wish Rosco'd done a better job of it." He tossed his cane into the General and climbed in through the window, "Do me a favor hun and don't tell anyone that last part."

Brooke nodded, "Hey, Bo isn't it? Would you like to have a drink sometime."

"You know, thanks but...I can't accept." With that he sped off like a bat out of hell the wheels of the General making enough noise to bring Luke running out.

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

Daisy had excused herself from her conversation with Bo to take some orders and pick up a few empty mugs. Luke sighed taking a drink from his glass and just as he was sitting it down he heard the sound of tires. "Tell me he didn't.." he muttered hastily getting up and getting outside to see what was going on.

As he came out the front door of the Boar's Nest he saw the orange car speeding off and Brooke was shaking her head.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"He's just angry from what I can gather."

Luke sighed, "Well he don't need to driving alone with his leg.."

"Follow him?" Brooke motioned towards her car. It was a red Mustang parked two cars down from them. "Take my car keys are in it."

Luke wanted to object, but he had to make sure Bo was going to be alright. "Thank ya kindly," he nodded in her direction and made a beeline for the car. If he hadn't brought Daisy to work this morning then he would have easily took her Jeep, but he was glad that Brooke was letting him use her car. She was awful nice to be a stranger.

Turning over the engine he let it roar and then purr for a second before putting it into gear and speeding off after his cousin. Looking for the CB mic he grabbed it and made an attempt to ask his cousin what he was doing.

"Lost Sheep 1 to Lost Sheep 2. What are you doing, Bo?" He said sternly.

"Lost sheep 1 to Lost Sheep 2? What are you doing Bo?" The blond reached down and eyed the CB, picking it up.

"What do you mean what am I doin'?" Bo spat, like an angry teenager, "I'm driving my car home..."

Luke was afraid to bring up his concerns, knowing that Bo would only get more angry if Luke tried talking down to him. And with the blond Duke already being agitated, Luke was afraid he'd do something stupid if he got angrier, "I just..." he trailed off, suddenly realizing he didn't know what to say.

"Just what!" Bo snapped again, "Afraid that yer little cousin can't drive no more either!"

"Bo, listen-"

Bo was on the verge of shouting, "No you listen! I don't need you babying my ever god-dangit move!" He reached over turning the CB off in an angry huff. He almost immediatly regretted what he'd said to his older cousin.

Luke bit his lip and pulled Brooke's car over. No use in chasing Bo, Luke didn't want him hurt...not again. Memories of the accident and the next 48 hours after it. They'd got a call from Boss that Rosco and Bo were in a crash, Rosco was alright, just a couple of scratches. But Bo was in a critical condition...

For the next 8 hours Bo was kept alive by machines; breathing and keeping him alive. The doctors were doing everything they could but they couldn't find the source of the internal bleeding. Sometime 12 o' clock the next morning Bo's heart monitor flatlined. That was probably the worst couple minutes of Lukes life.

At first he was stunned, the way his cousin's eyes opened for just a moment, then he closed them, slipping into oblivion. Luke remembered being dragged out in tears as the doctors tried to revive Bo; and the ex-marine was hoping to god against all hope that they could pull Bo through.

One minute, fifty seconds: Bo was technically dead for one minute and fifty seconds. After Bo woke up from a long coma and they found the internal bleeding; it looked like he was going to make a full recovery. Apparently the metal plate they put in his shin for the damage sustained during the accident got infected. "Due to the damage the surgeon finds, the let might have to be amputated."

Of course it wasn't amputated, but it would never be right again. The therapist Boss hired (probably because he felt guily) said that Bo might come out of it with full use of his leg. Here it was, a session every other day for 4 weeks and there were no improvements. Bo's leg was still only getting worse. Only a week ago Luke had come to the tragic realization that Bo might not really want to live anymore. His cousin's eating habits had dropped to only eating small snakes by himself throughout the day instead of eating good meals in public or with the family.

There was also the cold bitterness to Rosco. Luke thought that the bitterness was not for almost taking Bo's life, but for taking away from Bo's quality of life.

Brooke went back to work, although she was eagerly awaiting news from Luke. "So how much did he tell you?" Daisy asked sweetly as they cleaned the mugs.

"He basically opened up on me. Who's Rosco?"

"Cop in the middle of the room," Daisy shook her head, "I feel bad for him, almost as much as I do Bo. He wants Bo to forgive him...Really, no one here in Hazzards ever seen him this depressed. He won't even eat that much anymore...Hey!" She said, smiling, "He did open up to you and all, and would you like to have dinner with us? It might get him to eat somethin' decent."

The blond waitress smiled, "Well are you sure I wouldn't be intruding?"

"Absolutly not, we'd love to have you!"

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

"Alright then," Brooke nodded and was pleased to actually be invited somewhere. "I'll gladly come..that poor man just needs a pick me up that's all.." she let her voice trail.

Daisy was excited as she knew that a girl sure was the trick to perk up Bo, "Sounds like a plan, Suga." Winking Daisy went along with her business and cleaned a few tables. Brooke on the other hand mingled behind the bar in hopes of news without the next few minutes.

------------------------

Luke had slowed the car and knew he needed to get it back. It had shocked him somewhat that he had no idea what to say to Bo and that he wasn't able to help him. How do you help someone that doesn't want to wake up tomorrow? Slamming his fist into the steering wheel Luke cursed himself for being only a mere mortal.

Turning the car around he did the speed limit and found himself back at the Boar's Nest. Sighing he took a deep breath and got out pocketing the keys. Running his fingers through his hair the eldest Duke cousin entered the bar and defeatedly trudged back over to Brooke.

"Any luck?" she asked hopefully.

"No, I'm just letting him go...he wants to be alone, but I just don't know how long I can let that last.."

"Aww, Honey, don't go getting yourself down I can only stand to see one handsome face frown at a time." Smiling she poured Luke a beer, "Feel free to give me back my keys when your finished joyriding in my car." Her tone was filled with humor.

Daisy came over to the duo after she picked up the last dirty mug, for now. "I see it didn't go as planned?"

"Not really..he wants to be left be,," Luke hated having to say that.

"Well, Suga, I could have told you that and I think we all know that's not what's best for him..."

"Maybe not," Luke picked up his glass and took a good, long drink from it drowning his own sorrows.

(cue)

Brooke straightened her hair out in the rear-view mirror. When she parked she climbed out of the Mustang, wearing a pretty white dress. Going down to about her knees, it was around 7pm. She checked her watch and wrapped on the door.

Luke came to greet her, "Howdy stranger." He grinned, obviously happy to see her. He took her coat and led her inside. Daisy and an elderly man were sitting at the table.

"Now this must be the Brooke I've heard so much about!" he exclaimed, he reached out and kissed her hand.

Brooke nodded in thanks, "The one and only."

Bo limped into the house, having seen the car in the drivway and having been briefly worried. He was having a small amount of trouble getting up the stairs, he had since he first got home from the hospital. He turned the corner and stared at the you woman he'd talked to earlier; Brooke, he thought her name was. Her blong hair was tied back with a pink ribbon, she was wearing a white dress going down to about her knees, it also had thin straps. "Hi..." He said, rather suprised.

"Hi," She replied shyly.

"Cummon Bo why don't you sit down and eat with us!" Uncle Jesse said happily.

"You know, I'm really not that hungry..." he sighed then began to limp into the next room.

"Well," Brooke began, thinking fast, "You don't have to eat just sit down."

Bo paused for a moment, sighed, and turned around. "Yeah...sure. I can do that." He sat down next to Brooke and eyed her.

"Steak, Bo?" Daisy asked timidly

"Daisy-" Bo was about to tell them he wasn't hungry. And he wasn't, but he hadn't eaten much of anything for at least three days now. When he was in the hospital he didn't have much of an appitite, "Why not?" He said, doing it for the single reason he knew he could throw it up later.

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

Everyone was pleased that Bo was actually going to eat. Daisy gladly set the steak down on Bo's plate and the rest filled their own and paused for a moment.

"Let's say grace," Uncle Jesse spoke up as everyone automatically closed their eyes. It didn't take long for the old man to recite a blessing to the good Lord and before they knew it their food was almost halfway gone.

"So, Brooke how are you liking Hazzard so far?" Luke had broke the silence.

"Oh I enjoy it. It's very peaceful."

"If you think its peaceful you ain't been here long enough yet," he joked.

Smiling Brooke chewed a piece of steak and watched Bo out of the corner of her eye. He was mostly picking at the food on his plate. Every other time of arranging his vegetables the blonde Duke took a small bite.

Daisy picked up the bowl of mashed potatoes, "Anybody want some more?" she wondered cheerily aloud. Luke accepted and she piled more on his plate, Uncle Jesse had reached for more green beans, and Brooke along with Bo declined.

The dinner conversation was kept to a minimum seeing as Bo never was in the mood to talk and it somehow put everyone else in that mood.

Bo had dropped one of his hands from the table to his leg and rubbed it slightly. The pain had shot up again, but his face didn't show it. Being beside of him, Brooke didn't need the look on his face, so she smiled brightly and unnoticed by the others dropped her hand down onto Bo's. He was a strong man, but there are times to be strong and times to accept whatever help you can get.

Bo stiffened at the touch of her hand, but seconds later relaxed; the sudden pain in his leg settling down to the dull ache it was usually at. He shot her a quick smile...a smile that the others didn't notice.

Rosco fiddled with the near empty whiskey glass, watching as the amber colored liquid went back and forth at the bottom of the glass. "Sheriff Rosco?" A waitress asked, "Please, you'll have to leave, we're closing up."

"Oh...Yes of course." He stood up and left the bar. He never thought he'd feel like this: never thought he'd be begging for Bo Duke's forgivness. He felt horrible about the whole thing, it wasn't like he'd just busted the General up a little, he took a man's quality of life away. Rosco wasn't as stupid as some people assumed him to be, neither was Boss, both knew how Bo felt. Both knew that Bo wished he was dead; the younger man was depressed-that made him dangerous. To himself and to the people of Hazzard. If they tried to pull something now, Bo might do something stupid just to keep from going to prison.

After Brooke left Bo approached Uncle Jesse, who was busy with the dishes, "Uncle Jesse?" He asked, stepping into the kitchen.

Uncle Jesse smiled at him, "What is it Bo?"

"I think it'd be best if I left Hazzard."

"Now what makes you say that Bo?"

"There's no future for me here," Bo continued, "If I stay, then Boss'll get over his sliver of guilt and then he'll be back out tryin' to get at us...at me."

"Bo, you're depressed and you're not thinkin' right-"

"No. I've never been thinkin' more clear. I want to leave Hazzard...Rosco took my leg, I don't want him to take my freedom too."

"Now Bo, you know that ain't fair."

"It is fair..." Bo said coldly, "He should'a finished the job!" With that he limped into his room and slammed the door, the lock clicking afterward. Uncle Jesse sighed, and Luke, who had caught the last part of Bo's sentence, leaned against the wall. The full force of his cousin's depression hitting him; and it finally forced him to come to terms with the cold reality that his cousin didn't want to live anymore.

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

Luke stayed still for moment as the realization nearly knocked him over. Becoming frustrated with the situation was one thing, but now Luke didn't know if he could bear what was happening. Suddenly, there was a crash and it happened to be Luke's fist and the wall.

Uncle Jesse hurried to see what had happened, "Dangit Luke what are you doing?" He said in a huff.

Pulling his hand out of the wall he looked at it then his Uncle, "I'll fix it tomorrow Jesse..." With that he moved past his uncle and started for the front door, but met Daisy halfway.

"Luke! Your hands bleeding!" she exclaimed and tried to hold it so she could apply some pressure.

"I'll be alright Daisy.." he kept his hand at his side, "I'm going outside."

Coming in the living room just as Luke stepped out the door Jesse stopped Daisy, "Let him go..this whole accident is bound to tear our family apart at the rate it's going.." Collasping in a chair Daisy gave her uncle an encouraging hug.

-------------------------------

Bo had heard the crash, but only ignored it as he sat silently on his bed. Why did everything have to turn out like this? There were big plans that I had for myself. I wanted to be a Nascar Driver and now what I'll be lucky if I can walk right. All of the thoughts swarmed inside of his mind and the depression was eating him alive.

Luke sat up in the barn loft. It was where he and Bo would hang out as kids...

"Aww, cummon, Bo don't be scared." Luke at 12 years old said to his younger cousin, "The loft has no monsters in it." He helped the 9 year old up.

"You sure?"

"Yeah...I'm fine. And even if there were, I ain't ever gonna let anything happen to you."

The blond boy eyed his cousin with a look of love in his eye, "You promise Luke."

Luke reached down his hand to help Bo up, "Yeah cuz', I promise."

Luke curled his knees up to his chin, damnit all. Bo was so torn up, and Luke filled with guilt at his innability to protect Bo when it counted. Now he couldn't help Bo anymore, the depression in his little cousin's mind was going to tear him apart. Not just the depression...the pain from his leg alone would kill him...

But Bo had options! Luke was sure that if his leg wasn't hurting him so bad Bo could stop for a second and think straight. Luke knew what was going to happen to Bo, what was going to happen to him, and what was going to happen to their family. Heaven help us now... He thought; in his heart, Luke knew that his own anguish was going to destroy him.

Maybe it's for the best that Bo leaves Hazzard. Maybe it's for the best he goes back to the NASCAR circuit. Luke loved his little cousin, even more than most brothers loved each other. And if leaving would save Bo...then that's what Luke wanted. If Hazzard held too many bad memories, if Hazzard itself was the cause of Bo's pain.

Bo was hanging over the bathtub, emptying the small contents of his stomach. Who the hell was he kidding? The circuit wouldn't allow a criple to race. A sudden hatred shot through Bo's mind, a hatred for Rosco, who did this to him to begin with. A hatred for Boss, a hatred for Enos, and a hatred for Hazzard itself. And for a moment...even a hatred for his family. A family that was completely deaf to him now. Deaf of his pain.

He wanted revenge...on Rosco most of all. He desearves it, he took my leg. He should have taken my life...

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

...Bo thought to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile back at Boss's office)

"Rosco, what are you doing here?" Boss asked. "Oh uh I don't know." "Rosco don't just stand there and stare at me, tell me what's on ur mind." "Bo, is on my mind Boss. I feel real bad about what I did, I mean I almost killed him and now he hates me." Boss just sat there not really paying attention to what Rosco had to say, but shook his head in agreement. "Boss I'm gonna go over to the Boar's Nest in the morning before I come to work and ask Daisy how Bo is, Ok?" "Ya ya ya, sure just make sure you get here on time or it'll come out of ur pay." "Alright Boss."

The next morning Daisy cooked breakfast and Uncle Jesse and Luke came out quicker than a deer bein chased by a lion. Bo just lay there in bed thinkin bout the good ol' days when he used to jump the General over everything in sight and racin everyone. Everytime he thought of those times it brought a happy and yet extremely depressing feeling to him. "Bo, are ya commin to breakfast!?" Daisy hollard out to Bo. Bo went limpin to the table and sat down. "Do you want any eggs and bacon?" Daisy asked. "I ain't hungry." Bo replied. No one said another word till breakfast was over.

"I gotta go to work now." Daisy remarked. "We'll be by later around lunch time." The eldest cousin yelled out as Daisy shut the door behind her. "I guess I'll do the dishes." Luke stated with a sigh. When he looked at Bo he felt his pain and hoped that he would wake up from this nightmare and his cousin would be yellin yeeeee-hawww goin over Hazzard Pond. Luke finished the dishes and Uncle Jesse headed outside to do some chores. Bo stayed at the table still thinking.

At the Boar's Nest Rosco waltzed in with a very depressed look on his face as he walked over to Daisy. "How's Bo doin?" he asked. Well he's the same as he's been very depressed, no appatite, and lots of pain." Daisy replied. "I feel so bad about this, I really want Bo to know that I'm sorry and I wish I could rewind time so I could change what happened." "Maybe you can try and tell him that if Luke can get him to come down here around lunch time." Daisy said with hope in her voice. Rosco moped over to a table and sat down. Daisy felt bad for Rosco, she knew that he was sincerely sorry and wanted Bo to not hate him.

Rosco looked at the time and saw it was time he got goin to work. He told Daisy to let him know if there was any change in Bo and Daisy said she would.

A few hours later Luke came in with Bo limping behind him. "Howdy fellas!" Daisy tried to cheer them up a little, which seemed to work, but not much. They sat down and Daisy brought them both beers. Rosco then walked in for lunch break and knew that Bo and Luke were there somewhere on accounta he saw the General sittin outside. He spotted Bo and felt his heart drop. Bo was just sittin there rubbin his leg staring at his beer. Rosco started heading towards Bo...

*CUE ANYONE*

Brooke saw what was happening and walked over to Daisy, "Hey, aren't you worried about him?"

"Yeah...I just hope our dinner last night loosened him up just a little."

Rosco walked up to Bo and Luke, clutching his hat; Luke noticed Rosco first. Something told him Rosco approaching them was going to be a bad idea. If there was one thing Luke knew about Bo's mental condition, it was that Rosco was the last person he needed to talk to.

"B-Bo..." Rosco said apprehencivly, approaching the younger man.

The blond looked up at him, "What is it Rosco, here to take my other leg?"

"Bo, listen to what Rosco has to say-"

Bo stood up angrily, unfortunatly he stood up a little too fast, pain shot through his leg, "No..." He said bitterly, "I've heard enough of what he's had to say."

"Listen, Bo..." Rosco, began, "I never wanted it to turn out like this-"

"Yeah well, it don't matter how you intended or wanted something to turn out. The point is that it turned out like it did!" The angrier he got, the more painful his leg became it seemed. He limped away, and left the Boar's Nest.

Luke turned to Rosco, "...It's alright Rosco...he ain't just alienating you. He's shutting us all out."

"...I understrand. Luke, I never thought I'd bee wantin' his forgivness."

Luke sighed, "He's thinkin' about leavin' Hazzard and going back to NASCAR circuit."

"What's that?" Brooke asked, walking up to them, and catching the last part of the conversation.

"I said he's thinking about leaving...to tell ya'll the truth I think it'd be for the best."

Brooke couldn't believe what she was hearing, she handed her orders to another waitress and walked outside. Looking for Bo. Catching sight of the blond man sitting against the building. His face was twisted painfully, his leg was hurting. Hurting bad. Tears were in his closed eyes as he clutched it. It was like he pulled one mustle, then got a nasty cramp in another muscle.

Brooke walked up to him and bent down next to him, "Where does it hurt hon?"

He glanced at her, she caught a glimpse of humor through his pain, "Take a guess..." She reached over, gentlely rubbing his leg. Instantly the pain began to subside. He slumped backward, tired. Sometimes when someone's in sudden, shooting pain, they'll feel exausted afterward.

"It any better?"

"Yeah...Thanks." He shot her a quick, sad smile.

When they were outside, she could see his face clearly. He was sickly pale, and he looked quite thin and unhealthy. She remembered that look, that sick unhealthy look, "You threw up your food last night didn't you?"

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

Bo stood up a little straighter and refused to look at her, "N--.." Before he could get it out he was interupted.

"Don't you go lying to me..I've been nothing but nice to you since we've met.." This time she looked to the ground for a second, "Just stop now..try to eat and keep it down..because if you don't you won't be able to stop.."

Hearing this he looked at her, "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying..I spent the better part of three years ..doing the same thing.." She sighed and smiled, "How else do you think I got a body that looked this good."

A grin touched Bo's lips for a second and they both had a faint laugh. "You still?"

"No..though I do catch myself wanting to sometimes..but Bo it ain't healthy..so what your legs hurt...you've still got plenty of other body parts that work twice as good."

"That's not the point.." He said weakly.

"It's every bit of the point. Your going to leave your home, friends, and family all because of an injury? The way you've been acting you wouldn't last by yourself anywhere..and I'm sorry that it's the cold, hard truth, but you've got to forgive Rosco,,and learn what you can do despite things."

Bo just stared at her... (CUE ANYONE)

--------------------------------------------------

"I've got to say I give her credit," Luke spoke absentmindedly after Brooke had walked outside.

"Why?" Daisy asked pouring another customer a beer.

"She ain't giving up on Bo..not that we are..it's just it looks like she's trying harder than we are to get through to him.."

(CUE ANYONE)

Bo just starred at her, deep down, something knew she was telling the truth, "I know a place, it's not far from here...no one knows about it, not even Luke. We can sit and talk if you like."

Brooke nodded, "Course...I'd love to."

"Alright, just climb in the General." Brooke grinned and hopped into the passenger's seat.

Boss Hogg, was also watching the scene...and listening in on the conversation. Bo Duke, an anorexic; the crash really had done more to the younger man than Boss anticipated at first. To tell the truth he was a little afraid, a person who was willing to let themselves die was a danger. Especially to Boss, who there was a lot of pent up rage at over the years. Boss had been around depressed people in the past, and it hardly ever ended well.

Nothing was more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose, and right now Hazzard had one.

"So...why did you start?" Bo asked, looking over at her.

"My...father was an abusive bastard, he was killed...shot by some asshole in the street. I thought I'd be happy but. I wasn't...I got kinda depressed, stopped eating alltogether. I got real sick real fast, and when the depression finally left me, I found that I couldn't start again. It ain't just a switch you can flip on and off Bo."

"...Earlier, what you said about throwin' away my life just 'cause of an accident? Well I don't exactly agree with you." He looked upward, leaning back in the seat of the General, "I never went to collage, I don't have any skills cept racin'. Now I can't even do that. I might as well have died in that accident."

"Bo listen, you have a lot of family and friends that are trying real hard to help you."

"I wanna die Brooke..." He sighed, tears coming to his eyes, "I'm tired of this...I'm tired, my leg hurts, I can't walk on it. I can't live like this, Brooke."

Tears were coming to her eyes now as she reached over, gently caressing his cheek, "You're alive ain't you?"

"I shouldn't be...I was technically dead for over a minute. That's when I should have gone. If that jackass Rosco had only hit me just a little harder, just a little bit to the right, I'd be dead."

Immediately, Brooke understood Bo's hatred for the sherrif, "You're not angry at Rosco because he took your leg, you're angry at Rosco because he didn't take you're life."

As Enos came out of the bank, he noticed a strange black car leaving; thinking nothing of it he shrugged it off and walked down to his squad car. He wanted to pay Daisy a visit down at the Boar's Nest.

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

When Enos reached the Boar's Nest he immediately went to see Daisy. "Hi Daisy." Enos said with lust in his voice. "Hey Enos!" Daisy said in her usual cheerful voice. "How's Bo doin?" Enos asked. "Well he's not doin to good, Enos. He wishes he weren't alive and he wants to leave Hazzard." Daisy said as she looked down to the ground. She felt depression comming over her, but remembered she was at work and had to try and be cheerful. "I'm sorry Daisy." Enos replied and sat down at a table.

Daisy looked over to Rosco who was still sitting there staring at the glass of beer in front of him. She could see tears comming to Rosco's eyes. Rosco tried to hold the tears back as much as he could. He felt as if he had taken Bo's life away.

Bo took Brooke to the secret place and they started to talk. "Bo, you can't just leave your family and friends behind. Everyone would miss you so much and deep down inside I bet you don't really want to leave Hazzard do you?" Brooke started the conversation. "What's there for me to do here besides sit here and watch everyone else do things that I used to be able to do. I'd also have to see Rosco, who'd probably give me a speeding ticket for not going fast enough!" Bo started to get upset thinking about Rosco. He wouldn't listen to anything Rosco had to say no matter what it was.

"But deep down inside you don't really want to leave do you?" Brooke said with hope in her voice he would say no. "Well....I really don't know what I want to do at this point the only thing I know is that Rosco should've just put me out of my misery right then and there. "Bo you can't leave just because Rosco didn't kill you. Who knows maybe a miracle will happen and you will walk again." Brooke tried to give Bo the will power to live. "Ya and the cows will come home." Bo said with no hope at all that he would walk again.

While everyone was thinking about Bo the two guys in the black car were up to no good. They saw no one around so they were plotting to rob the bank and add to the tradgedy.

*CUE ANYONE*

Daisy sighed, watching Rosco, sad like that. She strolled over to him, "Howdy Rosco..." She said weakly.

"Hello Daisy."

"...Rosco, heaven know's Bo ain't been himself."

"I know...it's just that..." he trailed off, memories of the accident flooding back to him. They were probably just as fresh in his own mind as they were in Bo's...

"Kew, kew this is your sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, pull over, yer speedin'."

Rosco heard Bo laugh from the other end of the phone, "For god's sake Rosco, you know I ain't speedin'."

"Well...then uh-" he stuttered, looking for a reason to give the Duke boy a ticket, "You're evading arrest then." He could almost hear Bo rolling his eyes. Through the night and the rain, he could only barely see the bumper of the General.

It happened in a split second, the General hit a big puddle and spun out of control. Rosco didn't have time to react as his own car spun out of control, he became dizzy and dissoriented. The sounds of crunching metal was all he heard before he regained his composure. The front of his car was totaled, he climbed out and staggered over to the General. When he got a good glimpse of the scene through his flashlight, he gasped. "Oh Lord..." He breathed. The squad car smashed into the General at an angle, the passenger door was smashed, and Bo slumped out the window;

his right shoulder and most of his right torso was resting on the squad car, but his left shoulder and arm hung loosely over the edge. At first, when Rosco saw the younger man, he looked OK. But the closer he got, the worse the scene became too him.

Bo's blood mixing with the rain was turning the entire front of the squad car crimson red. Rosco dropped to his knees, Bo looked dead.

He staggered over to his CB and called. "Hello! Please anyone...Please help us...The Duke boy, please get and ambulance, I don't care, it don't have to be an ambulence just get someone here!" He shut the CB off and walked over to Bo. He dragged him out of the wrecked cars, and pulled him into the squad car, where Rosco could find a flashlight and get Bo out of the rain.

Rosco's hands were covered in blood, there were several deep gashes in Bo's torso. his right shin was bleeding bad as well. But Rosco assessed the worse injuries first. Pulling out the first aid kit, and applying direct pressure to the more serious wounds. "Please...not like this...not like this..." He begged to anyone who would listen. The warm rainwater slid down his cheeks, or was it something else?

"Daisy...he looked dead...I swear he looked dead. And to tell you the truth I've never been so scared."

The Duke girl sat down next to him, "...Free beer on the house suga...And don't be worryin' 'bout Bo. I know he'll come round sooner or later." The main point of the statement was to comfort Rosco; she only wished she were so sure of it herself.

~She-Wolf

Daisy got up slowly to get back to work. tears started running down Rosco's face. He couldn't believe that this was happening. Chasing Bo and Luke was how Rosco had most of his fun and he was gonna miss Bo yelling yeeeeeee-hawwwww over everything. Rosco tryed to fight his emotions, but he just burst out in tears.

Brooke was still trying to convince Bo that it'd be best if he stayed with his familly in Hazzard. "Bo, you just gotta believe that you may walk again, but you need to stay here with everyone that loves you and have the will power to live.

Bo shot a brief look into Brooke's eyes. "I'll never walk again, Brooke. I can't hardly even walk with this cane without having pain." Bo started at her. " Bo you can't give up on yourself." "I just don't think staying in Hazzard is a good idea." "Bo promise me one thing." "Yeah, sure what is it?" Bo said in a quick tone. "Promise me you'll at least think about staying."

"Alright I'll think about it, but I don't think it'll change my mind any." "Well just think about everything I said and about how much everyone here loves you and would miss you a great deal." "Ya I'll think about it." Bo was so uncertain of what to do.

By this time it was 8:00 at night and the Boar's Nest was closing up. "Rosco, suga were closing now." Daisy said to the sheriff who seemed to be lost in a deep thought. "Oh...uh alrighty I'll be on my way then." "Rosco don't worry about it. Bo will come to his senses sooner or later and he'll forgive you." Daisy said trying to make Rosco feel better. "I sure hope he gets better and forgives me." Rosco moped.

"Bye Daisy" Rosco said.

"Bye Rosco." Daisy replied. She felt emotions of Hazzard County tearing apart with depression. She locked up and started off for home.

"I reckon we should head home now." Bo said to Brooke with pain in his eyes. "Ya I guess so." Brooke replied. They both hopped in the General and headed back to the Duke Farm.

*CUE ANYONE*

Rosco drove slowly, the rain was rapping against his windshield; just like that night.

"Cummon Bo!" Cooter said franticly from the driver's seat of his truck, "Jeez Rosco, why'd you have to go and do that?" Cooter's voice was seconds from cracking up. He was driving and Rosco trying to keep Bo from bleeding to death before they even got to the hospital.

"Hush..." Rosco breathed, he regretted the whole thing. Bo was pale, too pale. Dark bags were forming under his eyes and he was shivering from the shock. He also felt cold to the touch, having still not been dried off from the rain. Subcontiously Rosco used a rag to gently dry the younger man's face, then brushed Bo's wet bangs back. "God..." he whispered, temporarily forgetting Cooter was even there, "I'm so sorry Bo...So sorry."

Cooter stared at Rosco out of the corner of his eye, "Aw Rosco...I know you didn't want to do this to him. He's gonna be alright."

The officer eyed Cooter, "How would you know?" He said, tones of hopelessness in his voice, "He ain't ever been this bad before..."

He wanted Bo's forgivness almost more than anything right now. It's my fault he doesn't want to live anymore. He's dead inside...I was in that crash too.

Rosco sped up.

I deserve everything he got.

He let the steering wheel go and the squad car went off the road, sliding off into the many trees above.

Bo limped into the house, as soon as he entered, he saw some mashed potatoes and water on the table. Daisy and Brooke were standing there, both girls with their hands on their hips. Brooke strolled up to him. "Yer gonna eat everything and you're not gonna force yourself to throw it up."

"Brooke...I don't want to eat."

"Well that's too bad," Daisy spoke up, "You have to."

Bo turned to leave, but Luke blocked his path, "Sit down Cuz..."

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

...."You have got to eat somethin or you'll starve to death." Luke said with a worried tone in his voice. "Well it's my business if I eat or not ain't it Lucas?!" Bo snapped. Bo went outside in a huff. The worried family just stood there and watched him leave not knowing what to do.

Rosco had hit a tree so hard that it fell down onto his patrol car. The car dented in and hit him in the head. No one was there to help him and it was pouring down raining. Rosco was out cold. His head and shoulder were jammed and he was bleading really badly.

His car was unable to be seen from the road because it was dark and he was burried in the trees. Rosco didn't seem to have a prayer unless someone found him soon.... :cry: ......

*CUE ANYONE*

Luke bolted outside and grabbed Bo, he wrestled his younger cousin to the ground. Discarding the cane, he pulled Bo onto his one good foot.

"Lord, Luke!" Bo shouted, trying to get away from Luke, "What are you tryin' to do!"

"Savin' your sorry hide." The older man was tired of the gentle approach, his cousin was going to eat and keep it down if it was the last thing he ever did. Luke dragged Bo back into the house and forced him down on the dinner table; his cane having been taken from him, he didn't have much of a choice. They shoved the bowl of mashed potatoes in front of him. Bo glared up defiantly.

"Don't think of trying nuthin'. If you don't start eating we're gonna have to feed you ourselves." Daisy said toughly.

"Come now Bo," Brooke said, sitting down next to him, "If you eat and you can keep it down then it'll get easier, as time goes on it'll get easier..."

Bo swallowed, "I can't..." he rasped.

"Yes you can," Brooke let her hand drift to his wounded leg, just above the injury, around the knee. "I'll be right here alright. Just eat. And you'll start to feel better."

"I won't..." he stared up at her, unable to hide the pain in his eyes, "Brooke, you're tryin' so hard to help me but-" Before he could finish the sentence, Daisy had stuck a spoonfull mashed potatoes into Bo's mouth. He looked suprised and then disgusted. He tried to spit it out, but in a shocking motion, Luke put one hand on Bo's nose. This forced the younger man to swallow the food.

The blond only stared up with pure hurt at his cousin, couldn't they see this wasn't how he wanted it!

(Cue)

~She-Wolf

"Luke why the heck did you go and do that for? I don't want to eat!" Bo snapped. "Bo if you don't eat you'll starve to death and you've got to eat something, were only thinking of you." Luke replied calmly. "Well then do me a favor and don't think of me!" Bo yelled and headed upstairs hopping on one foot, because he didn't have his cane.

Poor Rosco just lay there.

Cooter was passing by and though he'd do a little mid-night cross country. When he turned off he spotted the wrecked patrol car under the tree. He pulled up to the scene and got out of his truck. "Oh my goodness!" Cooter was in shock when he saw Rosco laying there in a puddle of blood.

*CUE ANYONE*

Luke sighed, angrilly letting his fist slam against the wall. He stalked after his younger cousin. Daisy let out a sigh.

The brunette Duke approached his hobbleing cousin, tenderly helping him up the stairs. "You wanna leave Hazzard that bad?"

"Yeah..." Bo looked at Luke, "I can't stay here Luke...if I stay I'm gonna lose everything. Someday, Rosco and Boss are gonna get us. I can't loose my freedom too."

"...Cuz..." Luke bagan. "When your heartmoniter flatlined, I have never been so scared. I prayed for a miracle..." They were sitting down uncomfortably on the stairs, unaware of Daisy and Brooke's presense at the bottom of the stairs. "Bo, I lost you once and by some grace of graces they brought you back. If I lost you again...I couldn't live with myself alright?"

Bo shook his head tears streaming down his cheeks, "Luke! Damnit...what I have now, it may not be death but it sure as hell ain't life. The thought of food disgusts me." He spat, "And my leg...I can't live like this."

Having nothing to say Luke bent over and gave his cousin, his brother, a deep embrace. The older man pulled away, holding Bo by his shoulders, "If anything...just take some painkillers and eat somethin'. The pain in your leg will go away."

"Luke-" Bo begged.

"Bo just shut up for three seconds, "I am at my wits end...I watched you die in the hospital, and heaven knows I'm watching you die again, right in front of my eyes." By this time, Luke, himself, was crying. "I have tried everything else. Now I am just begging, begging, for you to hear us."

The blond man met his cousin eye to eye, "I'll eat...but you have to keep me from spitting it up...I don't think I have any control over it anymore."

Brooke put her hand on his shoulder and grinned, "No worries, it only seems that way."

"Aw Rosco..." Cooter breathed, he reached over and slapped him gently, trying to wake him. Getting wet from the rain he assessed Rosco's injuries with his flashlight: Most of the blood was coming from where the dent in the roof pinned his right shoulder down. The mechanic gave a tug on Rosco, deciding that the officer wasn't going to move. What they needed was Jaws of Death, and they weren't going to get it here in time. Cooter decided he needed to improvise." he staggered back up the hill, it was already muddy from the pouring Gorgia rain. He climbed back into the cab of his truck and got on the CB.

"This is Crazy Cooter callin' Lost Sheep, Shepherd and Bo Peep, Ya'll out there?"

He waited a couple of seconds, just as he was about to try again, Uncle Jesse's voice came over the CB, "This is Shepherd calling Crazy Cooter, what's the matter?"

For a second, Cooter couldn't even bring himself to speak, "...It's Rosco, he went off the road. He's bleedin' bad, and I can't reach the wound. He's pinned...I need help and I need it quick."

"We're headin' there as quick as possible, just do what you can til we get there. Call Enos too, he'll get an ambulance down here."

(Cue)

(OOC: Poor Rosco :cry: )

~She-Wolf