Dukesfest 2006 in Nashville???

Hello everyone, just thought I'd post an interesting thing I found on Cootersplace.com. I ordered the Dukesfest 05 DVD because I was there this year and I was checking to see why it hadn't shipped and this is what I found today.

A Message from the Producers:

Hello Dukes Fans,

I hope your summer has been as fun and as exciting as this year's Dukesfest. This is to give you an update on the status of the DVD. As you are aware, we had hoped to have the DVD out by the end of August, but we were fortunate enough to get an interview with Ben Jones (Cooter) and Sonny Shroyer (Enos), plus other bonus footage that we hadn't originally counted on, which has delayed the ship date of the DVD. We want to make sure you realize we haven't forgotten about you and hope all of you understand that we are only adding this bonus footage for your enjoyment.

Again, we appreciate your patience and hope to see you in Nashville at

Dukesfest 2006!

Thanks again,

Flyin' Dirt Productions

I don't know if it's just a typo, but it's definitly interesting. Maybe Dukesfest 06 in Nashville??? Who knows.

Check it out for yourself at Cootersplace.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Music City Motorplex

Friday, November 11, 2005

Nashville’s Music City Motorplex to host DUKESFEST 2006

by David Underwood

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- “Music City USA†will host the 2006 DukesFest on Saturday, June 3rd and Sunday, June 4th at the historic Music City Motorplex located at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, TN.

Ben "Cooter" Jones held his fifth annual DukesFest at the Bristol Motor Speedway in 2005 attracting well over 35,000 fans. Jones, who played Cooter the mechanic on the 1979-85 TV series, held the first three DukesFest events in Sperryville, Virginia and then moved the event to the Bristol Motor Speedway for two years. The Music City Motorplex becomes its third venue. Jones describes DukesFest as "two days of world-class music, two days of stunt shows, two days of car shows and two days of personal appearances and stuff for the kids."

"Nashville is a natural place for it. You got country music and cars, and, of course, Nashville is filled with beautiful girls who wear shorts," said Jones. "It's a legendary track. Darrell Waltrip ran out there and Coo Coo Marlin and Sterling Marlin and Marty Robbins. What better place to have DukesFest? The venue works so well for what we do," said Jones.

He expects the entire living cast of the TV show to attend the event. "Quite likely, we will have the full cast of everybody who is living. Everybody I've talked to is planning to come. That might change, but for now . . . Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Catherine Bach, James Best, Sonny Shroyer, Rick Hurst, myself, the stunt guys and about 100 General Lees will be there," said Jones.

"CMT is in Nashville and our store (Cooter's Place) is there. We just thought it a great location and all those interstates that criss-cross smack dab in the middle of "Hazzard Country." The CMT folks (CMT airs the show in reruns) are delighted by this and it will also be sort of a kick off to the Fan Fair week." The CMA Music Festival 2006, know in the past as Fan Fair, is scheduled for June 8 -11 in Nashville.

More information about the sixth annual DukesFest will be released soon. Check www.CootersPlace.com and www.MusicCityMotorplex.com for updates.

Thanks for posting the info! Man, this is shaping up to be a blowout shindig next summer. Tom hasn't appeared at any DukesFest yet - it will definately be something special if the entire living cast gets together.

The 2005 event was crazy; this one sounds like it'll be over the top!

Looks like I'll be takin' another summer road trip to TN ! Don't wanna miss this one.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...