Coming to DVD w/ an unrated version! Yeehaw!

Dave

I know ya'll have heard they are coming out w/ the unrated version possibly, blah blah blah, but my favorite DVD site has pictures now!! I love the unrated cover.. in fact, that SHOULD have been the original theatrical poster imo (they could have made the unrated sign a fence or something).. anyhow, read about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/9ag6d

-Dave

Hmm.. well I didn't like the first cover very much. Looked to fake. The second one's a little better..but i wish the General wasn't pushed like...way off to the side. That was one of the main reasons I went to see the movie (and that I had free tickets..but that's beside the point...) I'll probally get it anyways jsut for the hay of it but yeah. At least the covers a bit better!

I think I like the first poster better although I wasnt a huge fan of that one. I dont mind unrated movies but really they are more hype than anything else. And I'm sorry but 28 bucks for a DOH DVD seems a little high to me. I think my POTO one with the speical features didnt cost that much. I wont buy it. I might rent it though.

The $28.88 price is the "suggested retail price". Most if not all DVD's are usually that high on the SRP, but they usually sell for around $20 or less at most stores...

WalMart , Kmart, Best Buy, etc usually sell DVD's at cost or less.I bet it will sell for around 19-20 bucks. Maybe lower when it first comes out(usually in the first week of a DVD release)..

Darrell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take an eyeball at this. The following article found on myvideostore.com has this to say about the Unrated DVD:

The Dukes of Hazzard, this summer's movie adaptation of the classic TV series, is coming to DVD on Dec. 6 in both unrated and original PG-13 versions.

The unrated release will contain additional scenes never shown in theaters. To be exact, there are a scant three minutes of extra footage. The unrated version is 107 minutes long whereas the PG-13 is just 104.

Both releases will contain some huge special features. The biggest being three featurettes: "Daisy Dukes: The Short Short Shorts," how they made the shorts so short and how to make your own; "The General Lee Lives," a close look at the beloved car; and "How to Launch a Muscle Car 175 feet in 4 Seconds," how they pulled off such a large scale car jumping stunt.

Also included will be Jessica Simpson's scalding hot music video for "These Boots are Made for Walking," a behind-the-scenes look titled "The Hazards of Dukes," and a fun-filled blooper reel.

Both the PG-13 and Unrated editions will be available in either widescreen or full-screen format. Each DVD will carry a SRP of $28.98.

Brian, why ya wanna tease me like that?! It's like, I'm almost more anxious for the DVD to come out than the movie. All except for the J.S. video...I could do without that. And Divia, I hate to admit it but you're 100% right. I do like's tha Daisy's now, just in moderation.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the "fun-filled blooper reel" in the Unrated DVD.

Hell, the whole movie was a blooper reel.... :wink:

Seriously tho', I'm gonna get this DVD. I enjoyed the action scenes and the stunts , and I'll definately wanna watch those again and again.

Another plus of the DVD - I can watch the movie while totally smashed, instead of the mild three-beer buzz I had goin' on in the theatre. :D

Brian