The Ghost of General Lee

I love this episode it is really good and It's also really sad when enos jumps in the lake to get bo and luke and comes up with luke's pants and bo's shirt then when rosco tells uncle jesse, daisy, and cooter that's really sad i cried when i saw that, but i really like the episode!! it's really funny when they scare rosco while he's in his office!! :lol::D:lol::D Did anyone else cry during this episode??

i luv it when rosco says "you don't scare me!" to the general lee with aluminus paint then the doors swing open and rosco goes "that scared me!" then when bo and luke crash the general into his patrol car rosco was like "ghost or no ghost that's county property! FREEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!" LOL!!!! :D:D:D This episode really shows rosco's heart!!! :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hiya kids,

like many i grew up watching the dukes as a kid. it was the coming of age show for many of us. i can remember watching this episode when it first aired. its on my list of all time greats. giving one arm bandits a run for the top spot.

i've seen reruns on many different channels throughout the years and this one and i think this episode doesnt get shown very much.

now down to business. i remember during the original broadcast bo and luke streaking through hazzard to get home. they were always hiding behind something until they robbed the scarecrow. it was very similar to the ending of austin powers. in all the reruns i have never sene these scenes again. they just cut to them showing up for the wake.

any one else remember this?

Yeah ofcoure, it was hilarious! :D

They just stood there hiding away behind a wall or something, bud-naked taklking to a girls to get some clothes of her daddy, when her mom dissapears from behind. Telling them she doesn't wants them around becasuse everytime they do her chickens stop laying egs and her cows go crazy or something. Anyway she isn't noticing at all the are standing there naked in front of her.

It's so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this episod

JM

I liked the part where Jesse comes out after seeing them in the window and got really excited to see them up and alive. I think I laugh every time I see that scene when Luke asks "Jesse, who's the wake for?" and Jesse says "That wake is for you two!" Everyone's expressions was great and then he shoes them off to the barn all upset at scaring him like that.

Such great emotion behind everyone through the first half of that episode. Especially at the Boar's Nest when Rosco tells Jesse that the boys are dead...each character that was shown showed great emotions behind the news that Rosco had to tell and explain...especially Rosco. It was good to see how Rosco really did care for the boys deep down...loved to chase and to hate them, but would never want anything bad to happen to them.

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just watched this episode the first time the other day. I came close to crying during the first half, mainly b/c Rosco looked like he was going to (great acting by James, btw, for those emotional scenes, but he always was a good actor anyway). I thought it pretty evil of Boss to come up with that "grand theft jewelery" scheme during that time though. Pretty derned disrespectful of the dead in my opinion. Bo and Luke runnin around naked was hilarious, esp. the scarecrow part, and when Cooter fainted at seein' them alive and when Jesse chased them into the barn.

And although the whole ghost thing was funny (my bro was laughing his head off the entire time), I thought it was mean too. I mean, Rosco felt awful about "killing" the boys, and he didn't really have anything to do with the watch thing, why did they have to go and play a mean trick on him like that? I was literally saying, "Awww, that poor thing!" the whole time. I got a little mad at the boys for that, although it was pretty funny. I think Uncle Jesse was a little rude to him at the wake too, he just quipped a sentence to him and then left him standing there. By the way, I thought a wake was for CAtholics, and I thought you had to have a body present to have one????

• 6 months later...

My opinion is pretty much like everyone elses about this episode.

I love it mostly for the acting of James Best. Absolutely love the scene where The General has just gone into the pond and he tells Enos he can't swim. Love the emotion he gives out. It just goes to show that Rosco does really care if something were to happen to the Dukes.

This is one of my favorite eps. Funny, somewhat emotional... good acting by Jesse and Rosco, and not bad for the rest of the cast either.

I suppose we can feel a bit sorry for Rosco; however, scaring him was really the only way to get to Boss and get a confession out of either of them about the stolen watch scam. If the boys had let it be known they were alive at that point, they would've ended up in prison for a very long time.

~Lukas

When I saw Enos come out of the lake with Bo and Luke's clothing, I lost it. I looked at my husband and said 'I've never cried while watching the Dukes of Hazzard' but that did it. Between Enos and Rosco, I was pretty much a a mess. I often wondered if Bo and Luke ever found out what Enos tried to do, combing the lake looking for them or that Rosco was really broken up about what had happened.

I am not so sure it was completely right for Bo and Luke to scare Rosco, though. I think although it was funny, I thought it was kind of sad how they never really saw Rosco show that he had a heart in that episode. At the same time, I can see how it might be a logical means in which to get out of some silly frame-up.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely one of the best episode of the Dukes! For a show like the Dukes, that was kind of humorous, this episode had a lot of emotion in it, and it actually was sad, in a way, because the actors made the death of Bo and Luke so believable. The scene where Rosco delivered the bad news to Uncle Jesse....it was pretty darn sad. And I'm a guy! lol The best scene out of the whole show, was when Bo and Luke scared Rosco with the "ghost" of the General. That was awesome! And, of course, Boss was up to no good like usual, blaming the boys for stealing his watch! This episode was Dukes, at it's best!