What state and city are you in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I grew up and currently live just south and west of a REAL Football town....Ann Arbor Michigan8-)

Ppppplllth! If I do recall, Michigan got it's clock cleaned by Appalachian state. Also, for the record... Just where does Michigan sit in the college football polls as come paired to it's southern rival OSU?

So how real is that football town now?

• 2 months later...

I was originally from Long Island. Lived there until June , then I was transferred to Michigan.

I had an apartment in Ann Arbor , a block away from the "Big House". Then my wife and kids finally moved out and we are settled in Jackson County, MI.

Great little town we live in. My kids love it and that is all that matters.

The worst part is that I am NOT a Michigan fan at all.

Darrell

Not a Michigan fan?...don't say that too loud there. The only Division 1 college football game I've ever been to in my life was at the big house about 5 years ago. Michigan beat Washington on the last play of the game. It was awesome to hear 111,000 people all screaming at the same time. You'll do okay there even if you're not a Michigan fan...just don't get caught with any Michigan State clothes on. You're not anywhere near Henry Ford college are you? I know a professor there. I'm glad you're getting settled in.

Not really a college football fan.Being from Long Island, college football isn't like it is here. We had no D1 teams on the island or in NY Metro area at all. Most people I have met ask whether I am a Rutgers fan. They think that is close to my area.

Jackson County is about 20-25 miles west of Ann Arbor and about 35-40 miles south of Lansing. So it is mixed on being a Mich. State or Mich. fan.

I tell you it was awesome the first game this season when Appalachian St beat Michigan. After hearing all the trash talk around work and my neighborhood, I was rooting for the underdog. The funny thing is I kept saying to people that you can't take then lightly as they are ranked #1 in D1A. And sure enough , what a game.

Darrell