Quotes, Saying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Poor Cletus, he hardly has any quotes here :cry: As Cletus would say

"Buzzards on a buzz saw!"

I was just watching Goodbye General Lee so the following are from that episode.

Cletus chasing the General all surprised like

"I'm gaining on them"

Then after he catches the General while laughing

"Oh I have been dreaming of catching the General Lee ever since I joined the force. This will give me a raise for sure."

Then right after Luke mentions for the first time about getting rid of the General Lee.

"Buzzards on a buzz saw. Get rid of the General Lee? Why it wouldn't be no fun around Hazzard at all without him"

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember the title of the episode this one was in...the one where Cletus was arrested with Bo and Luke.

I thought it was hilarous when the boys made Cletus escape (since they were handcuffed to Cletus) they got him into the General (Bo driving) and he started fighting and took out the keys.

Luke: Well then, lets have a vote. Who says we should turn back, raise hand.

Cletus raises his hand and makes bo raise his hand

Luke: Ok. Who says we should go ahead, raise hand

Bo raises his hand to make Cletus raise hand, Luke raises his hand t o make Cletus raise his hand.

Luke: Sorry Cletus, you're outnumbered.

Cletus: I guess that was fair enough.

I am sure it was probably said different, it has been awhile since I last saw that episode. But it went along those lines.

Keep it between the ditches

Garrett Duke

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This one cracks me up every time I see it. It's from "Hughie Hogg Strikes Again"

Rosco prepares to jump his patrol car over a pond and gets on the CB to Cletus (who is following Rosco in his own patrol car). Rosco says "Your superior officer's gonna show ya some driving ya ain't never gonna forget"

Rosco then splashes in the pond and begins sinking.

Cletus says to himself "I guess he meant DIVING"

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Don't know if this has been used, but I think the best scene with Cletus is in "Road Pirates" when the boys are handcuffed to Cletus and trying to escape from Rosco and Cletus doesn't want to escape. He's fighting them and they're dragging him. I always get a kick out of when he takes the keys out of the ignition and the boys protest and Luke says "OK let's have a vote. All who want to surrender, raise your hand" Cletus raises his and Luke's hand since they are handcuffed together. Luke says "Whoever doesn't want to surrender, raise their hand," and Bo and Luke raise their hands to raise both of Cletus' with them. Can't recall the correct wording, but it went something like that and Cletus made a comment about how they won fair and square. Waylon then made the comment, "Cletus may be the only person that would be wrong to vote" or something like that.

Well I am horrible at remembering word for word what people say and I knwo this is for Cletus quotes, but thought I'd put it here. That scene cracks me up...Bo even bites Cletus while Cletus is fighting them.

I know which scene you're talking about. I love the interaction between the three of them. I believe Waylon said "Cletus is the only person who would be wrong if he voted "maybe"!" I think it went something like that. I can't remember word for word either. I just remember thinking that voting maybe would be pretty hard anywhere but probably only possible in Hazzard.