Did Tom ever rope Cattle when he was growing up

• 1 year later...

I would seriously doubt any cattle roping was done. I am from Wisconsin and I've never seen anyone roping cattle. Although that skill probably would have come in handy when I had to help chase the cows back to the barn when they got out in below zero temperatures.

Funny thing, I read an interview a while back which said that Tom, when a kid, used to goof around by practicing roping the cows on his farm, and that he got pretty good at it.

In one episode of DOH-- (I'm not sure which one--was it "Big Brothers Duke" ?)-- Luke lassoes a horse.

When I read that article, I wondered if Tom was able to do that stunt because of his practice in roping the dairy cows.

(Though I don't know what his Dad thought of his sons lassoing his cows.)

• 2 months later...

Hmm.. well I don't know about ropin cattle or nothin..but if he did any sorta western/rodeo stuff it sorta comes with the territory. Also the whole cow bail-o-hay thing (thats what I practiced on when I was a youngin' back in Minnesota) lol. That's how I learned to rope... I'm not sure about dairy cows, even though they'd be easy to rope. I stuck to inanimate objects,lol.