Rosco fans?

katz112

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just might find a Rosco fan or two...or three...lurkin' around HazzardNet.

But I ain't one of these people who imitate his expressions, or adapt into a lingo of Coltrane-ese. Nor do I hang around lunatics who do.

KHEE khee khee I love it I love it!! HOT PURSUIT!!! Buckle up for safety!

Awwwright you Dukes...come out wit'cher hands up!!

Then again, I could be lyin' through my teeth. :D Hey MaryAnne, you wanna weigh in on this one? You a Rosco fan?

Brian

But I ain't one of these people who imitate his expressions, or adapt into a lingo of Coltrane-ese. Nor do I hang around lunatics who do.

KHEE khee khee I love it I love it!! HOT PURSUIT!!! Buckle up for safety!

Awwwright you Dukes...come out wit'cher hands up!!

Then again, I could be lyin' through my teeth. :D Hey MaryAnne, you wanna weigh in on this one? You a Rosco fan?

Brian

I think yer lyin' through yer teeth. Because I'm one of them lunatics you hang out with. KHEE!

Am I a Rosco fan? Gee...I dunno. I got a flyin' patrol car for an avatar. I've got a crunched patrol car for a signature line. I write fanfiction featuring him. I still laugh and chuckle at everything he says and does, no matter how many times I've seen the episode. I can recite various Rosco lines and speak in Coltrane-ese at the drop of a hat.

Nope. Not a Rosco fan. :wink:

i just love everything that rosco says like:

"Kew Kew Kew, I luv it I luv it"

"shame shame everybody knows your name"

"Cuff em and stuff em"

"you see there, that's naughty naughty"

"say "Hello" from rosco"

"freeeeeeeeze"

"enos, you dipstick"

"awwwwwwright you dukes"

"oh tiddly tuddly"

"that's a big ten four little fat buddy"

"what a horendous crash"

"ya dun scuffed my ve-hicle"

"hot persuit"

"good news, good news"

"arrrrrrre you kiddin meeeeee"

"enos (cletus), this is your superior officer Roscoooooooooo P. Coltrane"

"ohhhh good grief"

and many others..LOL LOL LOL!!!! :D:lol::D:lol::D

I am definately a Rosco fan. Matter of fact, I am becoming a Rosco Follower. The Dukes would not be the same without Rosco. They were OK without Bo and Luke, but the show could not exist without Rosco P. Coltrane. While I usually just find the show to be entertaining, the scenes with Rosco, Boss Hogg and Enos are the only ones that I laugh out loud at. The Duke boys always seem to be too serious.

"Shame shame, everybody knows your name!" I like to say that every chance I get. Same thing with "Good news, good news!"

James Best is the best!!! LOL!!! :lol: No one could've played the roll of Rosco P. Coltrane near as good as he did!! He was hilarious and then there were those parts that Rosco really showed how much he cared and how big of a heart he had like in Ghost of General Lee, Opening Night at the Boar's Nest, Granny Annie, and in Ten Million Dollar Sheriff. I also salute Rosco P. Coltrane!!! :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rosco and Enos are my favorite characters...and I think my brother likes Rosco because he's got the laugh thing down pretty good...we tried to get him to be Rosco for Halloween, but he wouldn't do it. Almost everyday my mom beggs him to do it until he gets so tired of hearing her he just does it...he's really really good at it, he's even got the little hand thing goin' on too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh I like Rosco, he's one of the most unforgettable characters in television, and James Best is just fantastic to be able to pull off the role like he did. Of course, I can't do imitations to save my life, but several weeks ago, my husband and I got something in the mail, and I couldn't resist calling him up and saying 'Good news...good news'. He didn't even ask me about it, but I think it cheered him up considerably. Khee!

As a writer, trying to write Rosco without going over the top is the hardest thing to do. Even though he's such a barrel of laughs to write, I would be the first to admit that there's no comparison between my stories and seeing the real deal in those classic Dukes episodes. :D

• 3 weeks later...

"That Boss, he's slippier than six slimy snakes in an oil slick" Roscoe.

Roscoe is great, the way he laughs, the way he's a clutz and the way he always lets the cat out of the bag concerning Boss Hogg's plans. He also has an emotional side and plays it well. Like in "The Ghost of General Lee" and the episoide in season six where Flash gets dognapped.