John Schneider on SMALLVILLE

Tom will have a guest appearance. I cant wait to see this episode!

John Schneider Chats Up Wopat's Guest Appearance

John Schneider had nothing but good things to say about his former Dukes of Hazzard co-star Tom Wopat's Smallville guest shot, which will be the sixth episode of Season Five.

We caught up with Schneider at the TCA Press Tour. Although Schneider does wish that Wopat's role - that of a senator and old friend to Jonathan Kent - would be recurring. "I'd love for Tom to be on the show a lot," he said, also mentioning that it was nice to work with his former Dr. Quinn co-star Jane Seymour on the show last season. "Undoubtedly, having Tom on the show is going to be a very good thing. I can't wait to see the ratings on that episode."

Aside from two made-for-TV Dukes reunion movies, Schneider and Wopat last acted together on screen over 15 years ago in the TV-movie "Christmas Comes to Willow Creek." Look for Tom Wopat's episode to air during November sweeps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Some details have leaked out about Tom Wopat's episode

Tom Wopat's character's name is Jack Jennings, and he happens to own a Dodge Charger. If anything remains in this script, let's please hope the Charger stays. Incidentally, the name "Jennings" is an inside joke in itself - as the legendary Dukes of Hazzard "Balladeer" was Waylon Jennings. Jennings is meeting with someone named Jordan about a journalist's rumor, when he hears a car rumbling and approaching. It's Jonathan, driving the Charger. Bo and Luke (the real Bo and Luke) are back!!! Jonathan tells him to get in. "With you behind the wheel?" Jennings says. "Guess it wouldn't be the first time I put your life in my hands."

- And if those Dukes of Hazzard references weren't enough, Jennings climbs in the car window. The door's been jammed ever since he got the car.

They're going all-out with the "Dukes" references!

• 2 weeks later...

the only reason i started watching smallville on a more obsessive bases was because i had relized John was in the main character grid. and i love him so you know i had to start watching it, and i have to admit, it has worked its way to being my second favourite show, not only because of John, but also because its clearly an awsome show, meaning cast, story plot, and acting ability from all actors on the show. its all around good, john just makes it 10 times better. my first fav show being Dukes of Hazzard of course :D

• 2 weeks later...