John's General Lee's

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Twenty ?? where did you hear that? My guess 5 at the most.

When I was a Kid my friends mom told me about the shop in Newhall Ca where they built all of the generl lees and how she saw them lined up though a chain link fence. and how some of the cast members where periodily spoted at a bar/ restruant during filming. She said they still had a general there but it was all beat up. So I went out there because I had never seen one in person. when I got there the guy said "sorry you just missed it, the last one was sold to John shcneder two weeks ago. The chain fence was replaced by a brick wall they had a bunch of tanks army trucks and other stuff that looked as if it had been siting for years. He said when chargers came back they would cut the tops of them and send the rest to the crusher."I think we still have a stack of tops back there let me check. he ran into the back of his shop then came out and said sorry someone must have moved them. this was back in 97 not to long after the reunioun aired

• 4 months later...

I sat in a General Lee back in March 18, 2006 and it's smaller in person then when you see it on tv. I had seen some pictures a fan set to Dukes Yahoo groups and I certain on thing that Andy Griggs looks alot like John Schneider they both have that blonde hair. The t-shirt Andy had on I have one as well, I hate to brag but I have three orange Dukes of Hazzard t-shirts and one black with a early cast photo on it that my I got in Nashville., Tenn for the Cars of the Stars Museam back in July of 2000. I won't part with this t-shirt. I just bought a 1/18 scale diecast General Lee with tv cast on it. I also got this Coors Bandit Trans Am that is 1/24 scale and it looks like a moonshiner runner with a still in the back of it.

• 1 month later...