Dukes movie is great.

sam29

Saw the movie for the first time today as today is the first day it came out in the cinema in the UK. I thought it was great. One of the best movies I have seen in long time. It is also one of the better re-makes Hollywood has done. I thought all the cast and crew and Warner Brothers did a great job on this movie. I really enjoyed this movie and so did my Dad who came and saw it with me. I really liked what they did with Boss,Enos, Rossco and Jessie. Gooter was great as always and I enjoyed Sheev who was a fun new character. I would like to of seen more of Cletus and more of down-town Hazzard. Great movie look forward to seeing this movie again and hope to see part 2 in a few years time.

Yeah,did enjoy the movie,but it ain't the best re-make I ever saw hollywood do!

Beverly hill billies was the best T.V. show remade for the movies! At least they were a heck of a lot closer to the caracters and ways of Jed and the famillies ways!

As for the dukes movie,Boss hogg's plot was good and typical,but boss and roscoe was too dang serious! And Daisy???Blonde???No way! I didn't mind her acting,but Daisy never had to be near naked to make Enos go on a case of the stupids!

Willie would have been fine if he would have really played the part of "Uncle Jessie"!

Jessie had a back bone,you looked at Uncle Jessie,you looked at the ten commandements! He stood for truth and justice and respect!

I found willie to be an awfull Jessie with those lame jokes,and smoking pot at the end.

Denver pile must be turning in his Grave,bless his soul. Hollywood could have kept all the elements that was in the movie,just make it more like what the real dukes stood for!

No swearing,(Damn doesn't count),clean shaven and no jokes from uncle jessie,the rest of the movie was great!

Loved seing the General Lee running at night,first time I ever see that!!Yeahhha!

To be Honest, If they would have had another car other then the general lee,('69 charger R/T),then I would have given it a fat 0!

The Dukes movie was no where near as good as I thought it was gonna be.

I mean, Willie Nelson wasn't playing Uncle Jesse, he was playin' Willie Nelson. Uncle Jesse would never have made all those stupid jokes or smoked pot at the end. Willie Nelson on the other hand does that sort of stuff. Isn't the point of acting to play somebody else, not yourself?

Boss and Roscoe seemed a little too sinister. And a skinny Boss? What were they thinking? And Burt Reynolds as Boss? It just doesn't work, I mean Burt Reynold is The Bandit. You can't have the Bandit play Boss Hogg, because they talk about the bandit on the show, it just doesn't work.

And Daisy? Well, don't even get me started on Daisy. I mean, her jeep didn't even say 'Dixie'.

Oh, and another thing, they were still runnin' 'shine in the movie, that ain't right either. It wasn't a positive reflection upon the show we all know and love.

Of course all those things can be ignored but this one cannot. They broke the Cardinal Rule; they used the doors on the General. Everybody knows the doors on the General don't open. They didn't have to come up with a reason, just have the Balladeer say it like Waylon did on the show. I mean even people who didn't watch the show know that the doors don't open! I wanted to jump up and down and yell at the moviescreen when I saw that. It just ain't right.

Like I said, it wasn't a positive reflection upon the show. And you can't say that I went into the theatre with the mindset that I was gonna hate it, cause I went and saw it twice and it still was no where near as good as the show

Everybody knows the doors on the General don't open.

Didn't you stay for the whole movie? After someone (Probably the police, or that racing team) vandalised the poor old General, Crazy Cooter had to overhaul him. He gave him a Hemi, racing steering wheel, a squared off 01, Rebel Flag, General Lee roof decals, and he said there was a problem with the doors. Explained! :wink: Because in the intro bits right up to the tune-up, General Lee didn't have any of that stuff! A regular Dodge Charger, opening doors, hand-painted 01. That was the General. 8)

Yes, I stayed for the whole movie. I saw it three times. And it still sucked.

I mean sure, Johhny and Sean were hott. But if I wanted to watch hott guys run around in the General, I coulda stayed at home.

All I was sayin' about the General was that they didn't need to have the construction workers vandalize it to explain why the doors don't open, it was a racecar, even in the movie it said that Bo had won the race four times in a row which means that even before the construction workers vandalized it it would've been a racecar, and the doors on a racecar are welded shut. They don't open.

I mean, I'm sure it would've been wonderful if I had never seen the show before, and I didn't know things like that. But I have and I do. Maybe it's just me but the fact that they used the doors in the movie really bothered me. Is it just me, or is there anybody else out there that it bothered?

And the everybody was just so out of character. I mean the only person who was even kind of like the original character was Cooter. It just dosen't do the show justice. It's not a positive reflection, that's all I'm saying.

I agree with you possomonagumbush!! The opening of the doors bothered me too amongst many other things. But apparently we are both old school and wanted the movie to emulate that. I had to watch it as a complete seperate entity from the original show because it was nothing at all like the show. The movie would be a 'fun' movie if it was not named Dukes of Hazzard".....it totally degraded the show.

Yes, I stayed for the whole movie. I saw it three times. And it still sucked. I mean sure, Johhny and Sean were hott. But if I wanted to watch hott guys run around in the General, I coulda stayed at home.

All I was sayin' about the General was that they didn't need to have the construction workers vandalize it to explain why the doors don't open, it was a racecar, even in the movie it said that Bo had won the race four times in a row which means that even before the construction workers vandalized it it would've been a racecar, and the doors on a racecar are welded shut. They don't open.

I mean, I'm sure it would've been wonderful if I had never seen the show before, and I didn't know things like that. But I have and I do. Maybe it's just me but the fact that they used the doors in the movie really bothered me. Is it just me, or is there anybody else out there that it bothered?

And the everybody was just so out of character. I mean the only person who was even kind of like the original character was Cooter. It just dosen't do the show justice. It's not a positive reflection, that's all I'm saying.

Couldn't have stunk that bad to see it THREE times....

As far as the General's doors opening, I have to disagree with your views. I loved the fact that it was explained and he had the birth of the beloved Generla Lee that we all love . Hopefully in the DVD they will show the complete scene of Cooter and his boys fixin' it up.

It was a race car for a once a year rally in the movie and a vehicle to haul moonshine everyday too don't forget.

I LOVED the movie and am damn glad it wasn't a carbon copy of the TV series, except for maybe the Georgia episodes. Yes I grew up watching the Dukes every Friday night too back in the day. I , for one, never wanted this movie to be a copy of the TV series, if they did that they would have had just another renuion show. I understand everyone has their own views on what the movie should have been like and what the characters should have been portrayed as but I still think this movie captured the Spirit of the show and it's inspirations - Moonrunners , Smokey & The Bandit & DOH( the 5 GA episodes) .

Funny thing that I haven't been this crazy for a movie since Dazed & Confused. I guess every 10 years or so I am due for one.

I'm gone

Darrell

I agree with you possomonagumbush!! The opening of the doors bothered me too amongst many other things. But apparently we are both old school and wanted the movie to emulate that. I had to watch it as a complete seperate entity from the original show because it was nothing at all like the show. The movie would be a 'fun' movie if it was not named Dukes of Hazzard".....it totally degraded the show.

BS , it did not degrade the show one bit.... I wish ya'll would stop with that stuff. The movie was more than enjoyable and fun.

I am an old school fan too and LOVED the movie. I grew up watching it since I was kid every Friday night.

Im sorry if I offended you...I did not mean too. I did not hate the movie I just felt it deviated so much from the show thats all. I guess I have a hard time with change..LOL...sorry it was just my opinion...doesnt mean Im right. :D

Not at all...

I love everyone's opinion on the movie both good and bad. Just that this wasn't a clone of the TV show that some people wanted and I am glad it wasn't. A change of pace and something different to keep the Dukes in the spotlight..

By the way, nothing will ever compare to the orignal anyway..

I'm gone

Darrell

Ya know, thats a great point....not one I really thought about. That the movie whether we like it or not really put the show back in the spotlight and is keeping it there. That cant be nothing but good!! :D

Look at all the DVD season releases we got this year, all the press and especially the show back on CMT in a great family timeslot. Plus the specials on the orignal Dukes on CMT- Insider Special amd Inside Fame)both great shows on the original)...

Maybe we wouldn't have gotten so much, maybe we would. The movie certainly helped .

I'm gone

Darrell

Yes I have to agree. I have watched all the dvd's and the specials and its been great. My 9year old son loves it and that in itself to me is a testimony to its appeal. Like the movie or not, I personally do think it helped to propel the show and all that goes with it into the spotlight. Heck, I have loved the show since 79, but had lost touch with it because it was off the air and I never saw videos or dvd's of it anywhere. Then CMT brought it back, then the movie coming out really drew me right back in like I never left and Im loving it more now then I did then.....thanks Darrel, its great that we can disagree on how we feel about the movie, but remain true fans that can discuss it nicely. We'd make Uncle Jesse proud! hahahaha...... :p