What Goes Around, Comes Around

virginiaxduke

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is the only thing I knew before Abby," he sighed toning down a little bit. He was opening up and the emotions weren't running as high. "Georgia I didn't know what to do..so I brought my kids to the only place I knew. I'm just as human as you are..and I'm sorry that I've ruined your life..I'm sorry that Abigail died..I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for you.."

Bo and Cassie stared at Luke as they watched a helpless man break down and it was a heart breaking sight. Was this really how both of them planned to spend their day getting caught up in a rift between father and daughter.

Luke sighed, "And I don't expect you to know..but I'd like to know if you ever figure it out.." This little moment was ending fast as Luke squeezed past Bo and Cassie exiting the house. Heading to the General he put both hands on the hood and hung his head.

Bo looked at everyone in the kitchen, "Should we just let him go?" Leave it to Bo to break a silence.

Georgia shrugged and his mother-in-law shook her head. "He feels alone...he doesn't actually need to be alone."

Giving the three in her kitchen a warm smile, she addressed her granddaughter. "He needs you, love. He needs you more than he will admit but at the same time he doesn't know what to do with you. And this...running away is only going to make it harder in the end. Give Hazzard a chance. A REAL chance and if you don't like it...well...my door is always open."

Georgia opened her mouth to say something but her grandfather cut her off. "Your grandmother has a point, Georgia. Your place is with him. Now go on..."

She nodded and headed outside to join Luke. "Dad. I...I'm sorry."

Luke couldn't turn around to face his daughter he was ashamed of how he had broke down infront of her and everyone. He was too strong for that. "I don't think being sorry is going to fix this..." speaking in all honesty he sighed. "I probably should of kept the family here." Pausing Luke turned around. "Instead I did run to Hazzard because I needed it and I thought that maybe we could start over." Sighing again Luke stopped not knowing where he was going with this.

Luke saw his daughter smile and it opened up a whole new feeling inside of him. "Thanks," he said pulling her into a hug. "But you do realize your grounded right?"

Cassie looked past Bo and outside seeing the two of them hug, "Oh I knew they'd work it out." She directed her eyes to Bo, "You did good work today."

Bo looked at her funny, "I didn't do nothing."

"You looked after Luke that was a lot," she smiled and kissed Bo on the cheek. If he hadn't been married she'd kissed him on the mouth. "If he's happy I'm happy."

Georgia's grandparents were watching Bo and Cassie and when Luke's mother in law heard Cassie she smiled, "Your a sweet girl.."

Turning around Cassie smiled, "Thank you."

"I think so." He was tired and it showed. He had never really doubted himself before...but he wasn't sure he could do this. Not alone. At least when he had Abby there was two of them...now there was just him.

"It'll get easier, Cousin. I promise. And you have me, Jill, and Cassie here to help you."

Either Luke was imagining things or Bo had put a special emphasis on Cassie's name. Looking over at the woman in question, Luke smiled a little. Maybe...just maybe...

"Can I ask you a favor?"

Bo's eyes lit up, "Of course they can Luke even Georgia if she wants to." Hearing news like this made him smile as he pictured his cousin having a chance to be happy again. Atleast for a night.

"What made you decide that?" he asked. He didn't think he'd ever see Cassie and Luke go anywhere 'like that' together again.

"I don't know..." Luke hated saying that but it was true. "I just...seeing her today...having her with me while I dealt with all this. I...it just seems right. You know?"

"Yeah. I know." Bo was doing a little dance inside his head. This was fabulous.

"Good." He nodded.

"There's just one thing." Bo looked at his cousin.

"Yeah?"

"You might want to ask her to dinner."

"Smartass." Luke mock glared at his cousin and went over to Cassie, tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

Cassie turned around and smiled, "Yes?" She figured Luke might've been in a hurry and wanted her to rush Georgia along.

Luke stared at her for a moment when she smiled, "I..I was wondering?" He stammered for a second.

Giving him her full attention she waited for him to continue.

"If you would like to go to dinner tonight," he smiled faintly hoping she didn't reject him.

Smiling broader Cassie nodded, "Of course I would, Darlin'."

Bo saw her reaction and would almost bet his life that she had said yes; however, he couldn't see Luke's expression.

Cassie nodded again, "I'll be there," she looked to the front door. "I'll go wait in the car while you yank her out of there." Smiling she kissed Luke on the cheek and stepped off of the porch approaching Bo.

"So?" he sounded like a school kid. "What happened?"

She shook her head, "Tonight at seven."

Bo was happy for the both of them he hugged her tightly, "If I wasn't married I could kiss you." He joked.

With newfound courage, Luke headed towards the door to claim his wayward daughter. He didn't have to, though, as she was standing on the porch. "Ready to go?"

"I suppose..."

He sighed, "What's wrong now?"

"Nothing. Just tired. It's been a long day."

He nodded. "Well if you're not too tired, Bo and Jill were thinking of having you come see them tonight. Keith and Emma are going."

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Me...uh...well...I have a date."

"A date?"

"With Cassie."

"I see..."

• 3 weeks later...

Luke shook his head and lead his daughter to the car. Everyone got settled the girls in the back and Bo and Luke upfront. The ride was slowed down a bit on the way back.

Bo on the way back in Hazzard dropped off Luke and Ginny first, "I'll be back over later to pick up the kids." Luke nodded, "Alright. We'll see you then." Ginny gave a halfhearted wave as Cassie got in the front and Bo sped out of the driveway to take her home.

"Why did you and Luke break it off in the first place?" Bo asked casually.

Cassie had her mind set on whatever was outside of the window. "Huh?" She was caught off guard by his question. Thinking it over no one had knew why she and Luke had just given up on their relationship. Should she tell him?

--------------------------

Luke pulled out his keys and unlocked the front door, "It's good to be home. So are you staying with Bo and Jill or what?" He asked tossing his keys on coffee table.

Sighing Cassie looked down, "We were so happy weren't we?" The question wasn't really meant to be answered. "I told Luke that there was no way we'd work out..that I was somehow using him.." Cassie felt her heart tighten as if it was going to break again. "He couldn't believe it..he tried to find some loophole in what I was saying.."

Looking over at Bo she couldn't find it in herself to smile, "I was two months pregnant and had just miscarried.."

Bo couldn't believe what he was hearing and brought the car to a stop at the side of the road. "What?" His eyes were wide.

Cassie nodded, "I hadn't told Luke I was pregnant, so I didn't think he would forgive me for being careless. The baby wasn't even born yet and I was already a terrible mother.." Pausing Cassie shook her head, "I didn't want Luke to hate me..I wouldn't have been able to take it because I was already hating myself."

"Cass there was nothing you could have done to prevent something like that from happening.." Bo had matured greatly since back then.

"I was addicted to cocaine and pills..lots of pills.." Her eye contact with her longtime friend was broken. "That's what caused the miscarriage.." She sighed, "I had came to Hazzard straight from the inside life of a mobster..you all couldn't really believe that I wasn't still somewhat living in that life.."

[OOC: Oh how dramatic..]

"Damn, Cass..." Bo shook his head. "Why didn't you tell anyone? We could have helped you...Luke would have helped you. You know he would have."

A frown formed on Bo's face as he watched her. How different would everything be now if Luke had married Cassie. They all had loved Abby, but Cassie. Cassie was made for Luke and he for her.

Cassie laughed slightly, "I know he would have, but what would you all have thought of me? Doing drugs like that back then was unheard of much less if a woman was doing them."

"I was one hell of a wreck back then, Bo, and Luke was the only one that could make me find some sense in the whole situation I was in.." It was true she had peace with him. "And when I knew I would hurt him with the news I couldn't bare it.."

"Don't tell him. Please?" She had managed to stay calm through the whole conversation and found herself pleading with the blonde Duke cousin.