Good Luck Dukes

Hey ya'll!

I figured it was time for me to try my hand at a round robin story! So let's get started!

"It's was a fine day Hazzard County, the birds are a-singin', the fish are a-swimmin' and the General Lee is a-runnin', from the law." states the balladeer, with the hint of a grin in his voice.

The General Lee fishtales around a corner in the dirt road. Sirens can be close behind in the distance. "Damn it Peter, you picked up a local smokie!"

"Well it wasn't my idea to swipe this orange boat! I bet the owners are always in trouble driving this beauty!" The driver replies.

"Now hold on a second here! That ain't who we normally see driving the General Lee. Where are Bo and Luke Duke?" The Balladeer cries.

Back at the Boar's Nest, the hub of Hazzard social culture, Bo and Luke were just finishing a cold brew, served up by their cousin Daisy. "Thanks Daisy," says Bo, "why don't you put these on Cooter's tab, he'll never notice!" Bo points to Cooter, the local mechanic and friend of the Dukes. Cooter is taking a nap in the corner, he works hard you know! The Dukes share a laugh, at poor old Cooter's expense.

"Come on let's go Bo, we've gotta get to town. Uncle Jesse needs us to pick up that fertilizer." says Luke. "Alright I'm comin'!" cries Bo, as Luke drags him towards the door. Bo gives a wave to the girls he had been chatting up. "Bye Bo!" "Call me Bo!" the girls call. "Bye ladies!" Bo says with a smile.

Luke pushes the door open with many thoughts running through his head. Thoughts like : Bo you need to grow up, Uncle Jesse is gonna kill us if we don't get that fertilizer, Cooter's gonna mad when he wakes up. Among other thoughts. "Ah...Bo?" "Ya!" answers Bo. "Where'd ya park the General?" Luke asks.

"What to you mean, why I parked the General right..." Cries Bo as he pushes his way out the door past Luke. "It seems that the General is M-I-A!" Luke states, "oh sorry Bo that means missing in action." "Cute."

The sound of a Hemi engine was unmistakable on the back roads of Hazzard County as the General Lee tore up the roads. Dirt flying, mud slopping and the engine roaring.... the only thing out of place was the driver of the orange Dodge Charger. The driver was a stranger, rather then the usual Duke, General Lee was in trouble.

As luck would have it another Dodge Charger sat concealed at the side of the road where the General Lee was bearing towards. Chet Duke sat up on the door frame of the white 1970 Charger, listening to a familiar roaring engine drawing closer and closer. His mismatched eyes watched down the road waiting to see the orange car come into view. But with the sound of the hemi engine came the sound of screamin’ sirens, as in the infamous siren of a Sheriffs car. Rosco P. Coltrane sort of Sheriffs car to be exactly accurate.

Chet leaned against the roof of the car and fished the mic to his CB out from near the dash board an pressed the button on the side talking into it.

“Lost Sheep, this is Ghost. I’ve spotted the General Lee bearing fast on high way 17 headed north.â€

Chet slid into the drivers seat of his car and fired up the engine, in seconds General Lee flew by, the white Charger let out hot on his heals. The Ghost’s V-10 engine snarled an pulled up on General’s passenger side an swung fast cutting the orange car off, its driver forced to come to a dirt kicking halt. Quickly Chet climbed out the window of his car and walked down the cars white hood, stepping around the shinny chrome blower.

“Alright, who ever the hell you are get your ass outta my fathers car!†Chet said spitting the words, knowing his father Bo would be pleased to have the General Lee back.

(I hope my post is ok.... :( )

"Bo, you... Why'd ya leave the keys in the dang General Lee!" Luke shouted, which was slightly uncharacteristic for Luke.

"Hey! I'm not the only one who leaves the keys in the car! What do you do when your drivin'?" Bo yelled back.

The noise the Duke boys were making was more than enough to bring the entire occupancy of the Boar's Nest outside, including ol' Cooter. "Now Luke don't do anything yer gonna regret, cause I'm just as mad as you are!" "Cousin," grinned Luke, "I ain't got no regrets about nothin'!" "Bo! Luke! Now what on earth do you two think you're doing? If Uncle Jesse could hear you talkin' to each other like that he'd put you over his knee!" Dasiy shouted as she made her way over to her cousins. Daisy glanced up into Luke deep blue eyes with a compassionite look of protest. She turned to Bo with a similar expression.

"Now folks Daisy Duke is the only person I know who could get away with that look!" said the Balladeer.

"Daisy you're right. I'm sorry Luke, I know it was stupid of me to leave the keys in the dang General Lee!" Bo said. "I'm sorry you're stupid and left the keys in the General." Luke laughed. "Luke!" protested Daisy.

Cooter had woken up enough to recognise that someone was calling for the Dukes on the CB radio in his tow truck. "Mr. Bo Duke I believe your son is callin' on line one!" Cooter said playfully.

"My who!?"

Bo sat staight up in bed, sweating and shivering. His eyes struggled to adjust to the dark of his room in the old farm house. "Oh, it was only a dream." he whispered. "Did you say something Bo?" Luke asked, his senses kicking in like when he was back in the marines. "No, I, uh, had a bad dream that's all. Go back to sleep Luke." Bo swung his long legs around to the side of the bed. He slid his worn slippers on his tired feet. They look a little ratty, but they still do the job. He thought to himself. As Bo stood the floor boards creeked beneath his weight. Bo defenitly could not sleep another wink.

• 1 month later...

"Okay." Luke mumbled as he rolled over in his own bed. Bo shook his head and pushed the door open, shutting it quietly behind him, not wanting to wake Uncle Jesse or Daisy.

He walked down the hallway, sliding his hand against the wall for support. What a wierd dream. Bo's eyelids were heavy and tired and he yawned widely as he stumbled into the kitchen. I need a stiff drink, but we ain't got no moonshine, guess I'll hafta have a coffee.

Daisy rolled over in her bed her eyes open as she listened to the noises in the kitchen. Who's that makin' all the racket?. Daisy rolled the covers back and sat up. She swung her legs to the edge of the bed and pushed her self up, slowly making her way out to the kitchen.

Bo sat at the table, a mug of steaming coffee in his hands. He rested his elbows on the table and gazed intently out the window. Daisy's presence unknown to him. "Bo? What's wrong sugar?" Daisy spoke to her cousin softly as she stood in the doorway.

Bo looked up, "Nah Dais...jus had a bad dream, go back ta sleep." Daisy frowned and shook her head, "Bo Duke, you can't lie to me. Ah'm yer cousin! Now, why don't ya tell me all about this dream eh?" Dasit smiled softly as she sat down at the table beside Bo. He shook his head, "No really, it's okay Daisy...we can talk in the mornin'. You need yer sleep, that's how you got to be purtiest gal in Hazzard!" Daisy laughed softly and shook her head.

"That boy oughta know better then ta argue with Daisy, he ain't gonna win. An flatterin' er is only gonna make is worse for im!" The balladeer laughed.

(Cue Chet!! Member this one?? LOL :lol: Or Anyone else!!!)