Happy Birthday Denver!

• 11 months later...

Happy birthday Uncle Jesse (May 11)

You'll always be my hero.

While I'm on the subject of my hero it seems as if I've been giving him credit for something he didn't deserve. I always said that he should be credited for inventing ethanol in 1979 on "High Octane" but my wife just saw an episode of the Waltons where Jim-Bob and a moonshiner named Yancy invented it. Yancy said "It's better to have drunk cars than drunk drivers." The episode was called "The Beau" and it was from 1978.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

10 more days until my hero's birthday.

I was watching "Repo Men" on CMT and realized that I only have about 5 or 6 more years to go until I'm the same age Jesse was when it was filmed. Kinda strange considering I'm the exact same age as John Schneider. In fact he was born 7 days before me. We both just turned 54.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

As most of you know I post all the stars birthdays here but I don't really celebrate them but one. That one exception is May 11th. I don't make a cake or sing happy birthday or anything like that but I do catch myself thinking about 'ole Jesse all day on the 11th. It's not so much that he's made a biigger impact on my life that any of the other stars....it's that Jesse is my future. He's the man I'm going to be someday. He's my hero. I don't know how much Denver Pyle was like Jesse but it doesn't matter. What matters is that his acting gave me a mentor to look up to, and an old timer worthy of modeling my life around. I am, after all, only 4 years away from being Denver's age (59) in 1979 when Dukes first came out so, Lord willing, I'll live long enough to grow a white beard. Thanks Denver.

• 1 year later...
On 5/8/2015 at 0:31 PM, RogerDuke said:

As most of you know I post all the stars birthdays here but I don't really celebrate them but one. That one exception is May 11th. I don't make a cake or sing happy birthday or anything like that but I do catch myself thinking about 'ole Jesse all day on the 11th. It's not so much that he's made a biigger impact on my life that any of the other stars....it's that Jesse is my future. He's the man I'm going to be someday. He's my hero. I don't know how much Denver Pyle was like Jesse but it doesn't matter. What matters is that his acting gave me a mentor to look up to, and an old timer worthy of modeling my life around. I am, after all, only 4 years away from being Denver's age (59) in 1979 when Dukes first came out so, Lord willing, I'll live long enough to grow a white beard. Thanks Denver.

Well, now I'm only 3 years away. 

Happy birthday Uncle Jesse. We love you. 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...