Hazzard In Trouble

(joint post: March 28th, 2006)

Kristy laughs silently for a moment as she glances around at everyone as relief floods thickly through her. "I think The General would look better in pink," she finally says.

"Oooo, pink and lavender!" Enos exclaimed. A big grin brightened his expression. "Hey Kristy, how is Bo doing?"

Kristy gives Enos a big smile as her thoughts picture a pink and lavender General before returning onto her injured brothers. Kristy's smile seems to broaden momentarily as she pictures Bo's reactions would be if he were there to hear them talking about paining his prized car lavender and pink.

Turning to Daney she finally says, "He seems to be doing fine. Last I had seen him, him and Garrett were challenging each other to a race to see who had the fastest car. Back to his old self it seems...them both."

"Bo always was a fast healer," Daney replied with a smile. "And nothing perks him more than that car. I was pretty sure Garrett would be alright."

"Uh huh," Luke said and looked between his cousins. "There is nothing like being here in Hazzard County."

"You can say that again," Kristy nods before pausing momentarily, "it sure has helped reform Garrett from his old friends...never thought there would be a day he'd fight against them. Don't get me wrong, he still is no saint and never will be, but at least he's away from them."

Rosco gave the prisoners a look. He raised a hand to keep them quiet. Kristy deserved a chance to express how she felt. But one of the gang didn't stay quiet. "He's lucky to have a sister like you," the red head said. Daney nodded in agreement. "You got that right." She took a few steps and gave Kristy a hug. "She's the best!"

Kristy blushes before stepping back to take in the prisoners in embarrassment. Embarrassment because she had momentarily forgotten they were there when she had fallen into thought about her brother's past. Looking back at Daney and the rest she replies quietly, "Thanks."

"You're welcome," Daney answered.

"Grits and greens, is it Sadie Hogg Day?" Enos asked, the sound of double doors swinging closed echoed through the room.

"Judas Priest On A Pony," Rosco declared at seeing a small figure dressed in a white cowgirl suit, hat and boots.

"Mama, mama look what Miss Lulu gave me." Jamie ran across the room.

Kristy smiles broadly at her daughter as she bends down to hug her daughter before taking in the outfit that Jamie displays proudly. "That was very nice of her," Kristy finally says, "You look just like a little cowgirl."

Jamie held onto her mom for a moment. "I'm glad you like it." Then she glanced innocently at Rosco. "Do you have anything in kid size for Shay?"

"No but we could probably get an outfit," Rosco paused. "Where's Boss and Lulu?"

Jamie grinned. "They are napping with Shay at their house."

"You came over here all by yourself?"

Jamie let go of her mom. Her little head shook. "He brought me," She pointed toward Cletus. He just waved at the group. She looked at Enos. "How soon can that be ready for Shay, I think Uncles Garrett and Bo would get a good laugh seeing him dressed in uniform." She smiled.

Enos gulped. "Miss Jamie, I'll get right on that. Maybe an hour or two?" "That'd be great!" She laughed.

Kristy smiled at her daughter while silently wondering how she grew up so fast, seeming to have matured a lot over the past few months. "Now Jamie," Kristy says, "that'd be cute to see Shay in an outfit...especially you two together. But we don't need to be greedy."

"It'd be cute," Enos agreed.

"See?" Jamie smiles up at Kristy who nudges her daughter who silently nods before looking up at Enos. "Thank-you."

"Kristy, it's ok. I think it's a good idea, khee." Rosco smiled mischievously.

Balladeer: Now y'all ain't that something? Garrett's completely free from his old gang while Jamie and Shay are teamed up to be the law. Somehow I think they could do just a good a job of patrolling Hazzard as the law they have now.

~The End~

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic