Box office results

Well I saw the movie and loved it! I'm gonna try and see it again later this week. The girl I took liked it too and she's not country at all. Now the only thing I'm worried about is how much money it's gonna make cause lets face it, the only way we'll get a part two is if it does well at the box office. I went and saw it Friday night in Winter Park, FL, which is a very nice area in Orlando. Not a whole lot of people in that part of town that I thought would see this movie. In fact I parked my lifted F-150 between a Mercedez SLK 500 and a Dodge Viper. But to my surprise the movie theater was packed. I'm glad we got there a little early or we'd have been sitting in the front row! Anyways...I was just curious as to how full the theaters were when all of you saw it. I'm guessing that if this movie makes 25 million or more this weekend there will almost certainly be a sequel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I saw the movie and loved it! I'm gonna try and see it again later this week. The girl I took liked it too and she's not country at all. Now the only thing I'm worried about is how much money it's gonna make cause lets face it, the only way we'll get a part two is if it does well at the box office. I went and saw it Friday night in Winter Park, FL, which is a very nice area in Orlando. Not a whole lot of people in that part of town that I thought would see this movie. In fact I parked my lifted F-150 between a Mercedez SLK 500 and a Dodge Viper. But to my surprise the movie theater was packed. I'm glad we got there a little early or we'd have been sitting in the front row! Anyways...I was just curious as to how full the theaters were when all of you saw it. I'm guessing that if this movie makes 25 million or more this weekend there will almost certainly be a sequel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Just read on the 'Net that estimates show it should take in $30.6 million.

I tried to go see it Friday night at the 9:40 showing here in town (Kingsport, TN), but all evening shows were sold out at the mall. Went to nearby city of Johnson City, and they were also sold out. I'm going to try and go in the next few days.

-B.E.B.

I tried to go see it Friday night at the 9:40 showing here in town (Kingsport, TN), but all evening shows were sold out at the mall. Went to nearby city of Johnson City, and they were also sold out. I'm going to try and go in the next few days.

-B.E.B.

I got to the local drive-in about at 7:00 pm for a 9:00 pm showtime. I am glad I was early because the closer it got to 9 the more crowded it got and there was a long line on the road trying to get in but the place was packed. It also showed at the new theater in town which I am sure was packed too. I think a sequel is probably a given if this thread is any indication of the nationwide attendance.

I got to the local drive-in about at 7:00 pm for a 9:00 pm showtime. I am glad I was early because the closer it got to 9 the more crowded it got and there was a long line on the road trying to get in but the place was packed. It also showed at the new theater in town which I am sure was packed too. I think a sequel is probably a given if this thread is any indication of the nationwide attendance.

-B.E.B.

hey you should of went on down to Bristol or Abingdon. if you cant get in there just wait 1 hour for the next showing.

-B.E.B.

hey you should of went on down to Bristol or Abingdon. if you cant get in there just wait 1 hour for the next showing.

Today at work I was reading reviews on Yahoo and Rotten Tomatos and they were less than favoriable. A lot of em stated Jessica Simpson was bad..and stupid. Hmm, I've been saying that all along. :wink: Even a few stated that it didnt have the charm of the original show.

Today at work I was reading reviews on Yahoo and Rotten Tomatos and they were less than favoriable. A lot of em stated Jessica Simpson was bad..and stupid. Hmm, I've been saying that all along. :wink: Even a few stated that it didnt have the charm of the original show.

Her accent was laughable and as one critic said all she did was throw back her shoulders, fix her hair and smile. And when she was astanding around not trying to be sexy she looked dazed and confused. I'm pleased they didnt use her all that much!

If they make a sequel can we have new actors? New writers?

Her accent was laughable and as one critic said all she did was throw back her shoulders, fix her hair and smile. And when she was astanding around not trying to be sexy she looked dazed and confused. I'm pleased they didnt use her all that much!

Hell no........Everyone in the film played their roles great....

Besides , from what I understand, if the movie is a hit they are contracted for a sequel anyway...

The movie was awesome. Dang glad it wasn't a carbon copy of the show and was something the original couldn't have been since it was netwrok TV.

Hell no........Everyone in the film played their roles great....

Besides , from what I understand, if the movie is a hit they are contracted for a sequel anyway...

The movie was awesome. Dang glad it wasn't a carbon copy of the show and was something the original couldn't have been since it was netwrok TV.

Well, most critics wrote that the acting was bad. And it was. Even Yahoo critics(everyday people) thought so. Oh well. You liked the acting I hated it. Such is the way of life.

The word of mouth could kill this movie quicker than you ever did see. Yeah there are people who liked it...but how many of those are there? Professional critics hate it, those on yahoo dont like it and the rotten tomatoes ranking is really really bad.

Does anyone know what is coming out next weekend? Anything big?

Well, most critics wrote that the acting was bad. And it was. Even Yahoo critics(everyday people) thought so. Oh well. You liked the acting I hated it. Such is the way of life.

The word of mouth could kill this movie quicker than you ever did see. Yeah there are people who liked it...but how many of those are there? Professional critics hate it, those on yahoo dont like it and the rotten tomatoes ranking is really really bad.

Does anyone know what is coming out next weekend? Anything big?

If any thing you should blame the director. I think the actors did a good job portraying the charactors the way director wanted them to.

I still would have liked to see Danny Devito as Hogg. I think Tom Welling and Paul Walker would have portrayed Bo and Luke more like the origanls. I know Gretchen Willson was a much more popular choice than Jessica simpson