First big jump in the movie (warning: potential spoiler!)

I just have to say I thought the movie was great! I saw the first showing in my town on Friday, and I really had a blast. The theater was half full, which I thought was awesome for being so early in the afternoon. I separated the movie from the series going into it, which is probably one of the reasons I was able to enjoy it. I accepted it on its own merits, because you can't really compare it to the show, although there are certainly elements throughout the film that capture the spirit of the show.

Anyway, on to one of my favorite parts of the movie. For anyone who has not seen it yet, you may not want to read further. When the boys were being chased in the beginning of the movie and they came to the first big jump, crashing through those construction barriers and hitting that huge pile of dirt, the General flying high in slow motion with dust flying behind it (a beautiful camera shot, by the way), the boys yelling "Yeeeee-Haaa!!", and then....that wonderful oh-so-familiar freeze frame. Man, my heart was pounding! And if all this weren't enough, Waylon's recording of "Good Ol' Boys" began playing right at the freeze frame, with "THE DUKES OF HAZZARD" (in the same logo style we've seen on countless Dukes merchandise) moving toward the movie screen in big red letters. It was the perfect place to insert the song, and all the right elements were blended together just for that one shot. At that moment, I got goosebumps. It was almost enough to bring a tear to the eye. Maybe I'm overplaying it, because there are probably some of you out there who hated the movie LOL but that's how I felt at that particular moment anyway. Anyone else have similar reactions, or am I completely alone here?

-Keith

I just have to say I thought the movie was great! I saw the first showing in my town on Friday, and I really had a blast. The theater was half full, which I thought was awesome for being so early in the afternoon. I separated the movie from the series going into it, which is probably one of the reasons I was able to enjoy it. I accepted it on its own merits, because you can't really compare it to the show, although there are certainly elements throughout the film that capture the spirit of the show.

Anyway, on to one of my favorite parts of the movie. For anyone who has not seen it yet, you may not want to read further. When the boys were being chased in the beginning of the movie and they came to the first big jump, crashing through those construction barriers and hitting that huge pile of dirt, the General flying high in slow motion with dust flying behind it (a beautiful camera shot, by the way), the boys yelling "Yeeeee-Haaa!!", and then....that wonderful oh-so-familiar freeze frame. Man, my heart was pounding! And if all this weren't enough, Waylon's recording of "Good Ol' Boys" began playing right at the freeze frame, with "THE DUKES OF HAZZARD" (in the same logo style we've seen on countless Dukes merchandise) moving toward the movie screen in big red letters. It was the perfect place to insert the song, and all the right elements were blended together just for that one shot. At that moment, I got goosebumps. It was almost enough to bring a tear to the eye. Maybe I'm overplaying it, because there are probably some of you out there who hated the movie LOL but that's how I felt at that particular moment anyway. Anyone else have similar reactions, or am I completely alone here?

-Keith